PDA

View Full Version : DCA repairs

Darkbeer
06-22-2001, 05:12 PM
I was at DCA yesterday, and they have closed the Soarin' ride queue, and set up a temporary one on the right side. They have walled off the area, so not a one day fix. Anybody knows what is up???

Also, the area across from the GRR entry/exit is walled off (on the side near the hotel).

Is this just signs of taking the cheap way the first time, and now needing to spend more money fixing things???

BTW, have a 2-park AP, so I didn't pay to go to DCA :p

Napsto
06-22-2001, 09:05 PM
where is al? he should be on top of this stuff.

splbound
06-24-2001, 09:15 PM
Saw the repairs that you mentioned today (sunday). Snuck around the boards and took a peek. The area across from grizzly looks to be adding some kind of plumbing, and possibly widening the walkway.

In the old Soarin' queue they have completely taken out the posts, concrete and all...down to the dirt. Who knows what's going on over there.

Also the Millionaire structure is going up with lightning speed. Looks to be almost finished.

blusilva
06-25-2001, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer

BTW, have a 2-park AP, so I didn't pay to go to DCA :p

You mean they gave you the 2-park AP for the price of a single park AP?

blusilva

Ralph Wiggum
06-25-2001, 10:33 AM
From what Al said it looks like some covering for shade and maybe misters

CaliforniaCrazy
06-25-2001, 03:09 PM
It's really sad when they have to build a Millionaire show just to hope that attendance will pick up, but being a AP holder for quite a while now, I believe it will do no good for DCA's attendance not one bit. Eisner and Pressler seem to think that maybe one or two new things a year will boost sagging attendance, but what they fail to understand is that the general public needs more than what they are offering at 45 bucks a pop. They need to build at least five or six new things a year even to warrant a high attendance level. I go to DCA maybe once every other week, and I go to Disneyland almost any day I can find time out. But even if I wasn't an AP holder, I would not try to go to DCA at least until they have up a dozen new rides, which is to say I'd wait a few years.

At least, until the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is built....:)