PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with disneyland.com?

biolabetty
04-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I've been trying to get into that site since last night. When I tried Internet Explorer, it said I needed to upgrade, so I did. I restarted the computer and everything, but I keep getting the same message when I get to the site. So I tried Firefox, and I can get into the site, but when I go to the AP location and try to look at the hotel availability calendar, it won't completely load and the page is a total mess. Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem too? Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Andrew
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
First thing I'd try is the "low bandwidth version (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/_lib/detect/setPreference?pref=low&appRedirect=http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage)" of the Web site. It avoids most of the Flash and other multimedia stuff.

Tinkermommy
04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I was having a problem last night trying to look at rates for Disney World packages on Disney's site. Each time I got to "book this package," it gave me a message that said I need to be in the "high bandwith" part of the page. I gave up, because I can't figure out how I would do that! Any suggestions?

biolabetty
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I just tried the low band width on Firefox, got the same results. I can't even get that option with Internet Explorer, it just automatically goes to the "you need to upgrade your browser" page. Maybe it just doesn't like me.:|

TTFN92
04-04-2008, 07:42 AM
I was having a problem last night trying to look at rates for Disney World packages on Disney's site. Each time I got to "book this package," it gave me a message that said I need to be in the "high bandwith" part of the page. I gave up, because I can't figure out how I would do that! Any suggestions?

You change the Low/High bandwith at the top of the page (Disney's web page, not the internet page). I think it is right next to the volume on/off icon.

Boo's Mommy
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I've had this problem for many months now and just couldn't fix it. But all my computers at home works just fine, it's just at work (hmmm, is the powers that be telling me something?) The only pages that do work for me on my work computer are the AP pages, thankfully.....

liveforvacations
04-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I had the same problem with the Disneyland.com website.
I could access the Annual Passholder site through the Disney Dashboard but everytime I tried to go to the Disneyland.com site, I would get that message that I needed to upgrade to Explorer 6. The funny thing is I am already using Explorer 7.
I looked for some advice on another board and someone suggested that I "delete my cookies."
So I did that and although I had to go and sign into everything again, I could finally get into the Disneyland.com site.
With regard to the Hotel Availibility Calendar, you are not missing much if you cannot get see it as it has not been listing the available rates anyways. The rates listed are more expensive than on Disneyland.com.
Good luck!

liveforvacations
04-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I forgot to add to my last post that the AP site is indicating that there are special rates available for AP holders from April 13th to May 31, 2008 which start at $169.00 for the Paradise Pier.
However, as indicated in my last post, the calendar is not reflecting this.

bubsy
04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I bought an AP on either Thursday or Friday and I had an awful time logging in. It kept timing out and it took forever to finish my transaction.

goldeneyez
04-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I finally got fed up with it the other day and complained through their website troubleshooter icon. I got an email back from them thanking them for the information and the problem I was having was fixed. Has anyone tried sending a comment? Not sure if it will help with your problem, but it sure did with mine.

Heffalump
04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I have not experienced any problems. I saw this post several days ago and tried it then to and did not have trouble.

biolabetty
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Well, I tried deleting cookies and got the same result. I have been trying to connect to a place to email a complaint, but I never get it to finish, kind of like the rest of the site. However, I managed to get in yesterday in a very roundabout way. There was very little of the site actually showing, but I managed to click on the travel icon. From there I got a normal page, and I typed in Disneyland at the bottom where you look for hotel reservations. I ended up being able to go to the Disneyland page, and even got into the AP site and the hotel availability chart. That's an awfully long way to go about getting into a site, you have to really want to be there. I should have done the complaint email then, but I was just so excited that I had finally gotten in.

biolabetty
04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I still can't get Internet Explorer to work for me, but Firefox has finally done it! The funny thing was, once I got to the site on Firefox, it was completely in French. It was easy to fix, but I thought it was so funny that I could finally get into the site, but it wasn't in English. Everything looks so much better on that site than it has, I think they finally noticed it needed some work.