PDA

View Full Version : Getting Gay at Disney

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kayoss
09-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Okay.......who's going to the first ever gay dance party INSIDE Disneyland? You know it's coming up soon. Who's ready to gay it up?

EandCDad
09-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Probably the same people who have been doing it for several years, unless the event you refer to is different than the annual Gay Day at DL as discussed in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1708&highlight=Gay%2A+Day%2A) .

teri
09-13-2002, 04:34 PM
Kids these days... ;) They believe they are the first ones to think up these things. That is OK - I hope you have a nice time. :)

HBTiggerFan
09-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by teri
Kids these days... ;) They believe they are the first ones to think up these things. That is OK - I hope you have a nice time. :)

LMAO Teri :D I love it when kids act like they thought of the newest coolest thing (that I knew when I was their age).

MickeyD
09-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
(that I knew when I was their age).

(and people before you knew too.) :D :D

disguy
09-13-2002, 08:18 PM
What is this gay dance party? How come I never heard of this and why wasn't I invited :(

HBTiggerFan
09-13-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
(and people before you knew too.) :D :D

yep! :D:D

Gemini Cricket
09-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
Probably the same people who have been doing it for several years, unless the event you refer to is different than the annual Gay Day at DL as discussed in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1708&highlight=Gay%2A+Day%2A) .
I have dial-up at home. It takes years to read threads. I just spent a decade re-reading this Opened/Closed/Opened and now remembered Gay Days at Disneyland thread.

Wow! What a powerful, civil, emotional thread. I felt like I was watching an old tv rerun.

I wonder whatever happened to good ol' amynicole22?

:)

MouseWife
09-13-2002, 09:24 PM
I was reading it. Didn't like it.

We can't go back in time to ask Walt what his feelings are.

And, just like the beginning of this thread says,

"Kids these days... They believe they are the first ones to think up these things. " quoting teri

Do we really have the inside knowledge to know that Mr. Disney did not himself know and associate with gay people? And accept them?

This gay society didn't just evolve out of some petri dish. It has been here.

So, to assume, presume, and speak for someone who isn't here is really impossible.

Just my two cents.

Gemini Cricket
09-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Just my two cents.
Your two cents is worth a million bucks, as far as I'm concerned. :)

MouseWife
09-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Your two cents is worth a million bucks, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Oh, that it were, my Lad. :)

MammaSilva
09-13-2002, 10:06 PM
I have to agree with MouseWifes opinion for the simple fact that even tho Walt was raised in a 'different era' he was a man of imagination and vision,did he have flaws most assuredly, was he perfect, not by any stretch of the imagination but for anyone to sit here and state that HE wouldn't support this or that is pretty arogant IMHO...there are very few people left on this earth that can honestly even say they have a clue how he would have reacted to the idea of a Gay Day or Asian Pride Day or whatever day and none of them are talking.....as for me....I try to accept each individual on their merit not by who they sleep with .... that's not what makes them a good/bad person.....it's what is in their hearts/spirits that make them worthy to be called friend ....

GoldenEars
09-14-2002, 12:01 AM
Hey Everyone!

I'll be there on gay day, but not because of the event, but just because I'd be there anyway!:D

And just a reminder to all those who are NOT gay and end up going to the Park that day...don't wear a red shirt, otherwise you'll be considered part of the *team!* Unless of course, you don't care and want to show your support, then more power to you...go for it!

I think it's great that Disney is so open about having gay days in the Park. But even without it, Disney has always been pretty accepting of gay people and that's so refreshing to see! I think it's cool to see gay people holding hands throughout the Park!

Have fun for all those who end up going!

Patrick:D

Brad
09-14-2002, 04:58 AM
What is this about the first "gay dance party"?!?

Isn't that the reason Videopolis was closed down all those years ago-because of the abundance of guys dancing together?

Disneyland has been a gay hangout for DECADES......and that does NOT just include the CM's!!!

MonorailMan
09-14-2002, 06:38 AM
Have your event, more power to you.

Just tell me the date so I won't be there.

adriennek
09-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by DsneNut

I think it's great that Disney is so open about having gay days in the Park. But even without it, Disney has always been pretty accepting of gay people and that's so refreshing to see! I think it's cool to see gay people holding hands throughout the Park!

Clarification Time! :) This is not an "official" Disneyland event. It's an event planned by members of the gay community that has become an annual tradition for gay people.

I won't make a special trip to go to Disneyland just because it's gay day, but I wouldn't change my plans if I was already planning to be there and found out that the timing coincided wtih gay day. If I was planning a "once in a lifetime" or even "Once every few years" trip and my schedule was somewhat flexible I might change my plans, but only because I'd be concerned that DLR might be busier than usual that day.

Adrienne K

TecTalker2K
09-14-2002, 08:37 AM
I remeber the first time i saw a gay couple walking down the street holding hands. My mouth dropped open and I almost drove my car into the back of another. As luck would have it, I got to know some really great people that were gay and found ut the were normal people. =) It is too bad that being fat or gay are still somewhat okay to demean. I don't think our world is yet ready to enter the 21st century, we ae too young and have limied understanding. maybe another hundred years.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
09-14-2002, 12:02 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!! Everyone calm down - this isn't about 'gay day' - that has been discussed over and over again on different threads. What this is about is an actual ticketed alcohol serving disco/bar/GAY dance party INSIDE DISNEYLAND on gay day WHILE THE PARK IS OPEN.

This is the first time ever this has been done - it will be inside Festival area next to Big Thunder Mountain - it costs $20 extra in advance - $30 at the door.

Let's stick to this subject the new party inside Disneyland- not the debate of gay day in and of itself which is very old

for more info check out: http://www.gayday2.com/

Again - this is a first ladies and gentlement - and YES this means Disney has finally formally recongized the event (by allowing it during park operating hours).

Last year was the first year gay day went to a whole weekend - Sat at Disneyland and Sun at California Adventure - There is even a block of rooms reserved at Paradise Peir hotel for the gay and lesiban community and a free party there Friday night :-)

Finally Disney has given us a party on their grounds and by doing so - formally recongizes the importance of gay day and the communtiy it represents. I'm sure half the male cast member attractions staff will be asking for that night off.... :-)

I applaude the courageous move by Disney.

:-)

YEA!!!!!!!

MouseWife
09-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Well, my dear, where have you been? !

Thanks for clearing this up and for the information.

thekirk
09-14-2002, 01:42 PM
First of all, I'm not against gays entering the park.....

Why do gay people need a special day at Disneyland? I really don't understand it. I do understand that Disney is just hosting the event, and it's not planned by Disney, which many people who do not like Disney having a gay day, fail to understand. I do not like, and am totally against alcohol being served in the park. Sure, they serve it at Club 33, but that above the streets of Disneyland, away from everyone. This dance party is totally out of line. It is a FAMILY PARK! There are plenty of dance clubs in LA, and I'm sure plenty of gay bars. Disney doesn't need to have one in there park. Might as well call Disneyland Maigc Mountain, or something, on the day of that little disco party. This gay bar thing is totally ruining Walt's original dream for the park "A place where parents and their kids can have fun, together!"

TecTalker2K
09-14-2002, 02:03 PM
"Why do gay people need a special day at Disneyland?"

Why not? A lot of others have their own days. I was there during YMCA days and I can assure you there were a lot of people that would have not wanted to be in the park that day too. =) People have got to stop looking at the world with a "why" attitude and start going with a "why not" one. You will be a lot happier that way.

thekirk
09-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I really don't mind the gay day. It's not the issue to me, it's this disco/bar thing. Something that Walt would NOT have agreed with, becuase drinking and hardcore partyin is not hat parents and thier kids do to have fun. (Walts origninal idea for the park)

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
09-14-2002, 02:14 PM
Goodness - why why why

Disney is making a lot of $$ off gay day - I'm sure it isn't cheap to rent out Festival Arena either

Please don't make this thread into "why gay day" or 'how awful' let's talk about the fabulous party and who will be there and what they will be wearing!!!!

:-)

dizneyangel
09-14-2002, 02:17 PM
I'm sure someone will probably blast me for this but......

I really don't see the problem. According to the website, the party is from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am, in a separate place in the park, not right in the middle of Fantasyland. It's not like a bunch of families are going to accidentally stumble upon it. Sounds like a blast!

I think that we should teach our children tolerance and diversity, not how to judge others by how they think and look

thekirk
09-14-2002, 02:20 PM
Why don't you give the families that will be visiting the park on the day of your lil disco party the answers to their small children's questions about the gay, drunk men walking out of the Festival area?

9 am is still early in the park