PDA

View Full Version : Club 33

Pages : [1] 2

Scalper10
09-13-2002, 02:51 PM
I just got the invite...what should I expect? how should I dress? Thanks in advance.

lisap
09-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Expect a wonderful time. I've read a lot of criticism of Club 33 on the boards in the past, but the times I've gone have been very memorable. Savor it! Beg to be the one to ring the bell on the outside door for the hostess (that's my favorite part.)

Dress is anywhere from shorts and T-shirts to dresses--and I think I've seen a few men wearing jackets. I wouldn't go in a bikini top, but that's just me ;)

I'm just too lazy right now to post a link to the excellent articles about Club 33 on Mouseplanet...but just do a search and you will find lots of info.

Have a great time!

mandi2728
09-13-2002, 05:25 PM
How does one go about getting an invite to Club 33?
You gotta know someone who is a member?

thekirk
09-13-2002, 06:49 PM
Yes, you do have to have connections to get in. I'm not really an expert, but I have read about it. In fact I've never even been up to Club 33, but I wil just give you my advice.

As a guy I would dress in a polo shirt, with tan shorts (Docker shorts..whatever)...depending on the weather. If it is a cold day I would wear Dockers....so...whatever is equal to that in a woman's closet is what I would say a gal should wear.

I hope you have an awesome visit, and that you will report back to us on how your trip was.

Alex S.
09-13-2002, 07:00 PM
Personally, I would feel strange going to a full-service restaurant in shorts and a T-shirt, but from one experience in there and watching the other patrons, it is pretty clear that there is not dress code.

It was a pleasant dinner. The thing that surprised me, though, was that the service (on this one night, anyway) was not as perfect as I had been lead to expect. At least one order wasn't quite right, some stuff was full, and my water guy had difficulty getting ALL the water in the glass. Really minor stuff for the most part, but I was expecting to be in service heaven.

For what it is, it is overpriced. For where it is, it is probably about right.

lilblckrncloud
09-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Try to take the elevator. I was with a large party (about a dozen) so we couldn't all fit in the elevator and I am really sad I missed out because everyone in my party who got to ride was gushing about how cool it was.

And I'm not sure if it was just a special thing the day I went or if they have it all the time, but they had this delicious fruit punch that was the best part of the meal for me! You can keep the Club 33 skewer/stirrer that the garnish fruit comes on, and that makes a fun (free) souvenir.

Also, be sure to wave if you look out a window and see anyone gawking up at you! There's a certain mystique about that place and you will really feel it when you see people on the outside looking in at you. I, too, was unimpressed with the service but the history of it all is palpable when you go there. You are very lucky to have a chance to go, so enjoy! :D

Pixie Glitter
09-13-2002, 07:20 PM
I'm afraid this might sound antagonistic, but I don't mean it to be. . . .

what's the big deal with Club 33? Is it essentially just an adult version of the whole, "Nyah, nyah, I'm one of the cool kids, and you're not" thing, or is there really something about the restaurant that is truly exceptional--food, service, decor, etc.? Also, I would love to know what some of the typical entree selections and corresponding prices are.

Please don't feel the need to scream and swear at me; I just really want to know why Club 33 is such a big deal. :D

LegolandMC
09-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Club 33 was built by Walt Disney himself, as a private lounge for his original 33 investors. He spent time up there, and it has become an exclusive treat to be able to go there. I think it's a beautiful restaurant, and the food is excellent.

adriennek
09-13-2002, 08:06 PM
The big deal is it's "exclusive." Not everyone can get in, it's hard to get into it.

Part of the big deal is hearing the things you may have heard stories about-- the animals on the wall that were supposed to talk to guests. The harpsichord with the painting on it. The bathrooms with funky toilets. The service that's supposed to be really great but has had mixed reviews. And I think that the history behind it makes it feel special.

Price wise, the entrees at dinner were "standard" LOL-- prime rib, seafood dishes, etc. I don't know what the individual prices were but the last time we went, dinner for two cost about $150 and I don't remember if we had wine. If we did, it was by the glass, not a bottle.

Personally, I think it's really neat to be able to go at least once and see it. If I were going to go again, I'd go for lunch/brunch buffet. I've been to both the buffet and dinner and I thought the buffet was a better food experience, although the company at dinner was *fantastic.* (Actually, that was part of my problem. They sat us in a room with a round table but put us at a long table that was really not conducive for conversation with my wonderful companions.)

If I wanted to spend that much money on dinner, I'd go to Napa Rose, instead because I think that the food and service there are terrific and I've heard wonderful reviews from others.

It's fun to say you've been to C33, no doubt about it! And it's fun to go with first timers and see their excitement.

Adrienne K

Pixie Glitter
09-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Sheesh! Personally, I can think of many better ways to spend $150 than on dinner for two in an "exclusive" private club, unless, of course, you're talking about truly spectacular five-star cuisine. Thanks for the feedback--I was curious, and now my curiosity is satisfied. :)

Wizard69
09-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Club 33 was great. I have been there numerous times. The lunch buffet is excellent. They have a make your own pasta bar, lots of fruit, salads, crab legs, huge shrimps to dip in cocktail sauce and lots of desserts including melted belgian chocolate to drip over strawberries.

As for the entrees, they vary from day to day but they usually have a fish dish, a chicken dish, a beef dish, a pork dish and lotsa vegatables to choose from as well as rice pilaf.

awinner
09-13-2002, 11:41 PM
i just found out today that my company has a membership to there...um...ok...guess where i will be heading in the next few weeks to buy a shirt or 3!!! I just need to let h.r. know that i want to go a few days in advance.:D

saturday97
09-14-2002, 06:57 AM
People dress pretty casual, but for dinner it's slightly dressier. Long pants, at least. We changed clothes after a day of running around the park, and we saw some people in shorts, but mostly it was "resort casual." At one point, I think they were trying to enforce a dress code, but the last I heard of it was over a year ago-- don't know if it's still in place.

adriennek
09-14-2002, 07:13 AM
I was there exactly a year ago tonight. (Well, it was technically September 15, but it was a Saturday, so it was either a year ago tonight or a year ago tomorrow.) Our group was dressed in slacks and such but there were definitely other people dressed in casual clothes for a day at DLR.

Adrienne K

LegolandMC
09-14-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by awinner
I just need to let h.r. know that i want to go a few days in advance.:D

A few days?? Try a month at least! We've tried getting reservations, about a month and a half in advance, and they were full. That was during a busy season, I believe.

DLfreak
09-14-2002, 11:04 AM
$150??!!?! You must have drunk a lot of wine! ;)
We have almost always gone for lunch...which I think is much better. It's buffet style and with tax and tip come to about $55.00 a person.
We went for dinner once and were able to get a good dinner for about the same price. They also had some sort of 5 course meal that was a flat $70.00
I think that it is a very good deal (unless you are an AP holder) considering tickets to the park these days are $45. So $10 for a buffet all you can eat meal is a steal for Disney. ;) :D
And yes, generally you need to call at least three weeks ahead of time, but longer if it's the busy season.

Laffite
09-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Wow. All you people have been to C33? Dang, I feel left-out and lonely :(

My friend and I stood out side the door and peeks inside the beautiful red lobby when the door opens when we wait for our BB seating. That's the best I can do :crying:

Also, the people that goes into C33, well....you wouldn't be able to pick them out from the crowd at DL. They were pretty casual.

Laffite
09-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Also, I talked to waiters and waitress, host and hostess at the BB about C33. Supoosedly you can ask for the tour of the lobby (they slammed the door in our face when we did though). And they said that you have to be working at the BB really really long before you get to work at C33, so I don't know why you all are getting bad services.

thekirk
09-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Isn't it just hostess. I don't think they have hosts do they? What I mean is men can host at resturants, normally. This is just a stupid question.

LibraryGirl
09-14-2002, 03:24 PM
There are hosts at Club 33. The name of our host/waiter was Alistair and he was FANTASTIC. Not only did he give fantastic service, when I had asked for extra chocolates, he came back with a little bag with about a dozen chocolates for me.

The lunch buffet we attended was fantastic. I think we had tri tip. They had a pasta bar where there was an attendant who made the sauce for your pasta (I had the mickey shaped pasta with alfredo sauce).

I was impressed with the service and made hubby leave the table so I sould watch the attendant come to our table to fold his napkin neatly. We were never out of water... the hosts and hostesses were always checking on us.

Our 2 buffets and 2 alcoholic drinks cost us $115. It was worth it!! I saved and saved in anticipation for the cost.

thekirk
09-14-2002, 04:06 PM
I said "What I mean is men can host at resturants, normally."

I ment to say "What I mean is men can't host at resturants, normally."

Laffite
09-14-2002, 05:23 PM
So how come all you people get to go eat at C33 and not me? :confused: Lol. :)

thekirk
09-14-2002, 09:27 PM
I don't get to go....until I have enough money to pay for membership, and I get on the waiting list, and wait 2-3 years...or whatever it is.

TecTalker2K
09-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by thekirk
I don't get to go....until I have enough money to pay for membership, and I get on the waiting list, and wait 2-3 years...or whatever it is.

Wait, you want to get into Club 33, the ony place in the park that sells booze, but you are so seeply against guests drining in the park. How do yu explain to yor kids about drunken Club 33 Members?

DLfreak
09-15-2002, 09:13 AM
The last time I went was with a bunch of out of town people. We had a 'girl's weekend' and so we all went. They hosts and waiters that we had were AWESOME! :) When we were done dining...and they brought the check, everybody was fighting over the pen that my dad signed the check with. So the waiter brought more back for everybody and also brought matchbooks. It was great. :D