PDA

View Full Version : Crowds This Week (April 1-7)

Pages : [1] 2

dittersdorf
04-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Anyone have any idea how crowded the park is this week? A friend of mine (both of us are AP holders) are going tomorrow (Thursday, April 3)...would kind of like a heads up as to what we may expect. I'm hoping the Spring Break crowds have thinned out somewhat. If anyone has any info, PLEASE let me know!:)

MissMinnieFan
04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Here in the State of Washington it is Spring Break this week. Last year, it was VERY Busy. We had fun anyway, we just planned for crowds:)

Jon
04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I stopped by the park at about 11:00 this morning and it was far from empty, but I've seen it much worse. There was no bottleneck at the security checkpoint, no line for the ticket windows. There will be lines for the rides, but it's not terrible by any means.

:)

motomickey
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
nemo was only a 30 minute wait all day yesterday

HisKid
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
All of the local schools are done with spring break, so I would guess at minimum it will be lighter than the last couple of weeks.

PanFan
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Today was a great day to come--the line for the Matterhorn was never longer than 5 minutes and during the parades it was a walk on. Everything else in the area looked similarly short and guests said that was their experience everywhere. I hope it keeps up like this! It's a nice break from the crowds :)

THpoohbear
04-02-2008, 09:57 PM
This is good news! My sister is flying in from CO this weekend, just to go to DL with me! We'll hit DL on Saturday and DCA on Sunday. I don't mind the crowds so much, but she hasn't been in a couple of years. I know it will be more crowded on the weekend, but hopefully it won't be as bad as I was thinking. Thanks for the reports!

amarvel
04-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah i foudn today very pleasant. alot of the rides were walk ons and shopping on main street was much easier then last night. hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

K & S
04-03-2008, 07:59 AM
All of the local schools are done with spring break, so I would guess at minimum it will be lighter than the last couple of weeks.

Most of OC schools are out next week, also Torrance and a few other large districts.

We were at the Parks yesterday and the crowds were no problem. None of the lines were very long and many rides were walk-ons.

HisKid
04-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Most of OC schools are out next week, also Torrance and a few other large districts.

We were at the Parks yesterday and the crowds were no problem. None of the lines were very long and many rides were walk-ons.

I live in OC. Everyone I know is either done, or is finishing up this week. I have asked a number of different people, in different areas. How weird. Maybe another district that I am not aware of.

RocketRob
04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
My kids go to Capistrano schools and they are out next week (Apr 7-11). Seems like we're the last ones on the planet to get our break. Hopefully it's not too busy next week.

HisKid
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
My kids go to Capistrano schools and they are out next week (Apr 7-11). Seems like we're the last ones on the planet to get our break. Hopefully it's not too busy next week.

OK, now that is REALLY weird, because I KNOW I asked someone in Capo. Maybe she was distracted or something, and not paying attention.

I shall amend my post to say that MANY local districts have already had spring break. I stand corrected, lol.

Hey, did you hear about that guy in the AV movie theater parking lot? Creepy and sad. Now I will think about that or have to find another Wahoos, lol.

PanFan
04-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm signing in two groups of people next week who will be on spring break then (7-11). They're from Monrovia and Pasadena.

DizneyMommy
04-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Garden Grove is on break next week too

HisKid
04-03-2008, 09:19 AM
OK, SOME local districts! hehe

a few?

at least 1?

K & S
04-03-2008, 09:58 AM
OK, SOME local districts! hehe

a few?

at least 1?

Newport-Costa Mesa is out next week too.

:D

HisKid
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
:p OK, OK, I give up! <mock exasperation>

adriennek
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
The largest track in our district is off the entire month of April and the high schools are off next week (7-11.)

Adrienne

VickiC
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Placentia-Linda is always off the week after Easter. Been that way since I was a kid at least.

dopey076
04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I work for Long Beach USD our spring break was last week. My son attends school in ABC USD and he is out next week (4/7 - 4/11).

River Belle
04-04-2008, 08:12 AM
We were at the park last night from about 6:30-11:30, and found the crowds to be quite manageable. The wait for Space Mountain was about 25 minutes, and we got onto BTMRR in about 15. We walked on to the Mark Twain, HM, Splash Mountain, and Pooh. Also took a round-trip ride on the railroad on the sweeper train that left Main Street station at 11 p.m., so that felt like a bonus ride!:)

I was expecting the crowds to be much worse (and I will say that Fantasyland looked pretty crowded!), but we were pleasantly surprised. It was a great night.

Disneyland21
04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
We were at the park last night from about 6:30-11:30, and found the crowds to be quite manageable. The wait for Space Mountain was about 25 minutes, and we got onto BTMRR in about 15. We walked on to the Mark Twain, HM, Splash Mountain, and Pooh. Also took a round-trip ride on the railroad on the sweeper train that left Main Street station at 11 p.m., so that felt like a bonus ride!:)

I was expecting the crowds to be much worse (and I will say that Fantasyland looked pretty crowded!), but we were pleasantly surprised. It was a great night.

Yes, the crowds during the first week of April will continue to be light. But April 18-20 is going to be extremely crowded as a result of the Cheer/Dance competition, the Long Beach Grand Prix and whoever else still has spring break.

yohomama212
04-04-2008, 09:49 AM
For no other reason than to add to my own personal panic, Irvine Unified is on break next week too. I know I should have gone character hunting this week!

Elizabeth

adriennek
04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes, the crowds during the first week of April will continue to be light. But April 18-20 is going to be extremely crowded as a result of the Cheer/Dance competition, the Long Beach Grand Prix and whoever else still has spring break.

Yeah, but a bunch of Californians will be in Vegas and/or between Baker and Vegas that weekend, too.

Do people in town for Long Beach Grand Prix really go to Disneyland on the weekend?

Adrienne

olegc
04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
For no other reason than to add to my own personal panic, Irvine Unified is on break next week too. I know I should have gone character hunting this week!

Elizabeth

My kids are in IUSD too (not the ones on my avatar) and we and Capo are the only OC school districts on break I believe..