View Full Version : Favorite Restaurant @ Disneyland

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 01:41 PM
McDonalds @ Big Thunder

J/k :p

Truly the Blue Bayou

KevAct1
06-22-2001, 03:48 PM
I would have to say the French Market. The clam chowder in a bread bowle is delish! I would say the Blue Bayou, but I've never eaten there so it wouldn't be a true evaluation. Rancho de lZocalo comes in a close second to the FM. :D

DisLee
06-22-2001, 04:13 PM
The Hungry Bear - which I understand is about to be altered under Paul Pressler's creative genius. Does he have to mess-up everything last thing I love in the park?:(

Morrigoon
06-22-2001, 09:28 PM
I have a *LOT* of memories tied up in the Hungry Bear. Truly one of the best views for dining in the park. Their burgers used to be better, but I still really enjoy going there. When my family used to go, we always met for lunch over there, even though it was a long walk.

I say, "If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it!"

You know what would be cute? An attraction based on the old Ranger Smith and Henry the Bear cartoons (isn't that supposed to be Henry eating the burger in that statue out front?)

"Pick the paper up, put it in the bag, bump bump...."

ODV CM
06-23-2001, 12:44 PM
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. I haven't eaten there in a while, but when it first opened, it had the best food in the park, hands down.

Gauchograd99
06-24-2001, 09:41 AM
Blue Bayou for me... I just gotta get my MONTE CRISTO!!!:)

I have actually never been to the Hungry Bear and I guess I better check it out pre-Presslerizing.

lisap
06-24-2001, 12:48 PM
While I don't love the food at Hungry Bear, I love the atmosphere.
While I don't love the atmosphere at Pizza Port, I love the food.

Maybe they can do a little switcheroo and make the perfect restaurant!

Gregmh48
06-24-2001, 03:02 PM
The Bengal Barbecue is the best!

JRob2k1
06-24-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by lisap
While I don't love the food at Hungry Bear, I love the atmosphere.
While I don't love the atmosphere at Pizza Port, I love the food.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

But there is always a place for Cafe Orleans. I love the clam chowder and sitting outside next to the walkway is great for people watching.

-JRob

80S ERA
06-25-2001, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by DisLee
The Hungry Bear - which I understand is about to be altered under Paul Pressler's creative genius. Does he have to mess-up everything last thing I love in the park?:(

I guess so! I wonder if he's even spent a day in the park as a guest?

Well here's some of my fave's:

1. Blue Bayou (actually favorite in Orange County! :))
2. Big Thunder BBQ - guess they've gotta take out all the good ones :( Great atmosphere/food; felt like you were eating in a campground! Rest in peace!
3. Hungry Bear - feels like camp, too! Great view of the river.
4. French Market
5. Plaza Inn

Worst
1. Naples in DTD - bad service, bad food, too expensive for what you get.
2. Hollywood n' Dine in DCA

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-25-2001, 09:08 AM
I LOVE the Penne Pasta at Plaza Pavillion. My other favorites are Stage Door Cafe (Golden Horseshoe), Daisy's Diner, and Bengal BBQ.

blusilva
06-25-2001, 09:54 AM
Redd Rocketts. They have the most generous portions and the best food. But, yes, the atmosphere is lacking.

Hungry Bear is my fave place for the outside atmosphere, Blue Bayou for inside atmosphere.

I used to love the Blue Bayou about a decade ago...but the past few times I've been there, the food hasn't been up to par, IMHO.

blusilva

PirateChick
06-25-2001, 12:24 PM
My favorite resturant in DL would have to be Blue Bayou because of the atmosphere. That and the fact that it goes through my favorite attraction.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Put me down for Redd Rocket's and the late, lamented Thunder Ranch BBQ.

Rancho del Zocalo may very well be my favorite as far as theming is concerned, but the food served there leaves MUCH to be desired.

jslivinski
02-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Big Thunder BBQ was our favorite. Thus far we have not found a new can't be missed restaurant at the park. Maybe next visit.

Dave Z
02-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Well, the Corndog Castle, duh. :)

I have always liked Hungry Bear for the quietness and view. I hope it isn't destroyed by the Pooh thing.

And, for the atmosphere, Blue Bayou.

I like the Clam Chowder bowls, too, but I forgot where in NOS they have them.

DZ

justagrrl
02-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Most fond memory is definately of eating at the Blue Bayou with Mom and Aunt as a little girl. But I haven't been back since (whining) so... it's hard to say it would be that. But it could be. ;)

I like the sourdough bakery thingie at DCA...not the attraction...the "cafe" or whatever it's called. They have a delish apple-chicken-nut salad in a breadbowl. The corn chowder (red, not creamy) wasn't what I expected...but it was still tasty. We hang out in that area more then others due to the beer factor. My dh just loves the beer there...claims it's especially tasty (I'm thinking it's that way just because he's getting to drink it while there...where he can't at dland.

But like I was saying...try the chicken/apple/nut salad bowl. :D