PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 at Disneyland and DCA

mkyears
09-11-2002, 03:08 PM
I just returned from the parks and thought I would write a little something

Today was a pretty sad day so I go where I always go when I want to cheer up Disneyland. There was very small crowds do to it being a weekday and evenmore the 1 year anneversary over the terrorist's bombings. I do admire Disneyland for one thing today though they stoped everything every attraction in the park was closed to have a moment of silence for those who died and then a very good Speech was given by The President. After that they played God Bless America. It was a very touching moment and I thank Disney for that. I wrote this just so if you were wondering if Disneyland did anything yes they did.

PS. 15 mins or less on every attraction 5 mins or less in DCA

roberts1398
09-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks for sharing, MK. I'm glad you were able to be in such a happy place on such a sad day! And sounds like Disney handled it with tact and grace...

innerSpaceman
09-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Yes, it does indeed appear that Disneyland sounded the right note on this one.

Thanks, mkyears, for the inside scoop.

Gemini Cricket
09-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by mkyears
I wrote this just so if you were wondering if Disneyland did anything yes they did.

That's good to hear.
Disney can still do things right.
:)
mk-
Thanks for letting us know about this park gem.
:)

PXSgeek
09-11-2002, 06:22 PM
I just want to take a break from all this 9/11 stuff, what makes me really sad is that it took a terrorist attack to make us realize were american. To me this is a regular day and i wish people would practice patritiscim everyday not just because its sept 11.
I went out for a walk a while ago and eveyone in my neighborhood is watching 9/11 stuff.
My mom got a call today saying she didnt have to go to work today (at DL) wich is wierd, any other CM's here know why?

socabch
09-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Thank you for letting us know how it was represented at our favorite place. You did the right thing by going there today. Wish I could have.

We went last year on Sept 15th for minnieluvsgreen's Birthday. It was very empty for a Saturday but the CM's did a great job of staying in character. A huge crowd (including us) followed the last float (American Eagle) from the Electrical Parade from the Sunburst to the end of the route. It was a very tearful but proud experience.

tabacco
09-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by PXSgeek
My mom got a call today saying she didnt have to go to work today (at DL) wich is wierd, any other CM's here know why?

I was getting those calls for 2 months. More likely than not they just needed to cut hours and were looking for people to ADO.