PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Tortilla

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 12:48 PM
After all we pay to get in they only give us 1/2 of a tortilla?! Are they completely insane? Tortillas are cheap to make anyways. :eek: Oops, I shouldn't have said that, now Paul Pressler will know and to make a little extra money, he will charge! ;)

JeffG
06-22-2001, 12:54 PM
Most of the time, they have been giving out whole tortillas when I've gone through. My guess is that they may switch to 1/2 tortillas if the traffic is heavy enough that they are afraid they won't be able to keep up.

-Jeff

cstephens
06-22-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mvshs2001
After all we pay to get in they only give us 1/2 of a tortilla?! Are they completely insane? Tortillas are cheap to make anyways. :eek: Oops, I shouldn't have said that, now Paul Pressler will know and to make a little extra money, he will charge! ;)

If someone were paying to get into DCA solely to get free tortillas, I would understand why someone would be upset (though I would think it odd that someone would do that in the first place). However, since Disney has absolutely no obligation to give anything away for free, I think it's cool that I can get a free tortilla if I want to. If they were to only give me half, I'd still appreciate it. I've also seen someone stand there and hassle the CM for more tortillas, walking away with about a stack of 6 or 7 for the family to go with the food they'd just purchased at the Cocina, so some people completely take advantage of the situation as well.

/cs

Alex S.
06-22-2001, 01:24 PM
They've been doing this since the beginning. On our second trip into DCA (a few weeks after it opened) we only got half.

If it really bothers you go through the building twice.

I haven't yet seen them making corn tortillas, though, since the preview event. I'm sure they still do, I just haven't been lucky enough. Those corn tortillas are my version of Al's caramel corn.

I don't think the whole/half decision would have much to do with the volume of people going through the attraction as I believe that the machine has a capacity around 4,000 tortillas/hour (I don't know why my brain is spitting otu that number so it could be completely wrong) and that is more than would ever go through the building. It more likely has to do with the paying consumption of the tortillas. They are used elsewhere in the park dining establishments. If demand is high there, they probably need to ensure that they have enough. But that is speculation on my part.

I wish Boudein gave free bread, but that isn't so important as I work within blocks of two Boudein's (not that I ever eat at them . . . too expensive for what you get).

JeffG
06-22-2001, 01:36 PM
The last time I went through the Bread tour, they did give a free bread sample at the entrance. I don't know if they do that all the time or not.

-Jeff

KarenW2
06-22-2001, 09:15 PM
We've been to DCA many times since it opened in February, and every time we've gone thru the Mission Tortilla Factory "tour", we've gotten a whole tortilla, except for the last time, pin day this month. This was a Saturday, no one in the place except CMs, my DH & I and they still handed us HALF a tortilla when we got to the end! :rolleyes: The CM greeter didn't even do his spiel, he just stayed at the door.

We thought the solution was simple, we asked and were given, TWO HALF tortillas! :rolleyes: