PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield Inn

Tink0706
09-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Has anyone stayed here lately? I have read mixed reviews and can't decide where to stay. We can get a rate of $74.00/night which I like!

jrsharp21
09-11-2002, 10:37 AM
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn back in March and have reservations there for 0ct 4-7. I was very pleased with my last stay there. We had a room right next to the lobby. Very convenient. The people there were really nice. We werent in the room much because we spent most of the time at the park. But you get the two beds and the sofa sleeper, which comes in handy with a bigger group. The rooms were clean and always in order when we got back from the park. It was definately a good stay.

If you are looking for another similiar hotel, try the Howard Johnson. It is still in walking distance from the park and it has all the resteraunts around it (McDonalds, Mimi's, etc.) just like Fairfield Inn. The big difference is in room size. The rooms are a little bit bigger than the Fairfield Inn and they have back porch/balcony on them. I also managed to find my way into the arcade room once or twice. The in-hotel gift shop was really convenient also.

roberts1398
09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
And I'm hearing people getting rates of $50 - $59 per nite at HoJo's and haven't read a bad review on it.

I have definitely read bad reviews on Fairfield tho, while others love it. I do know that's NOT a great off-season rate at the Fairfield. I just checked Expedia for 9/20 - 9/23, and their rates for the Fairfield indicate a AAA rate of $58 and a Best Available Rate of $62 ...

The other one I've read lots of good reviews on in about the same price is Westcoast Anaheim ... Regularly priced in the $60-$69 range. Expedia's rate is $66 with the 4th nite 1/2 price, for an average of $57.75 for a 4 nite stay.

Or the other one in the range of the price you intended to pay for the Fairfield is the Candy Cane Inn, for which I have NEVER read a bad review (and have read literally dozens of reviews and posts). Just checked their website and they have a web special of $72 for their regular room, and $82 for their deluxe. This would be a MUCH BETTER bet. Here's the link to their online ressies ...

http://www.candycaneinn.net/cci_website_final/cci_navframeset.html?go=15&page=accommodations

Hope this helps...

julia
09-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi!

I was at Disneyland about two weeks ago and saw several of Good Neighbor Hotels.

The Fairfield Inn is a larger property, just across the street from Disneyland. It was pretty busy, with lots of children and parents playing around the pool during the mid-day hours. The street in front of the hotel is busy and loud, and the rooms open to an exterior corridor. It is a newer hotel and is a good value for the price.

The Howard Johnson is adjacent to the Fairfield Inn, across from the Airport Bus transfer station. It was well-maintained, but had an older (1960's or 1970's look to it).

I have rarely heard any complaints about the Candy Cane Inn, which is down the street from the Fairfield Inn and Disneyland. It has lots of flowers at its entrance and really appears to be a peaceful respite from the hustle of Disneyland and Harbor Blvd. By the way, it was very busy and crowded.

Hope that helps!
Julia

Tink0706
09-12-2002, 09:31 AM
We aren't going until next August, so the $74.00 rate wouldn't be an off season rate.

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in July and really liked it. But, they show a rate of $102.00/night during that time frame, and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $28.00/night. We aren't big breakfast eaters, so the CCI buffet isn't any big deal to us.

Has anyone stayed at both?

LLevy
09-13-2002, 08:58 AM
Hi-

Yes- i've stayed at both hotels. the walk from both seems about the same so..

We enjoyed the Candy cane inn- it was for a special occasion, so I was willing to pay the higher price. The room is nice, and clean, but small. the king bed basically filled it up. The grounds were wonderful and the shuttle belongs to te hotel, so its quick and on time. the free breakfast was standard "little bit of everything" in the way of pastry and dry cereal.

however- we're usually booked into the fairfield. The room is larger (with 2 queens-sleeps 5) and has room for gear, etc. There is a fridge in the room, so its easy to eat meals there. the shuttle isn't as good, due to being on the "multi hotel" plan, so we have never waited for the bus, we just walk. and the price is always cheaper. the pool was clean and warm(in june)and though a bit crowded, was large enough to swim in.

If you want atmosphere, and service, and are willing to pay for it- go candy cane.

if you want clean, quick and inexpensive, go fairfield.

Linda

Tink0706
09-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Thanks Linda, that's just the information that I was looking for. I didn't realize that the Fairfield Inn had refridgerators in the rooms, that will be a big help in cutting costs.

taylor99
09-14-2002, 06:30 PM
I stayed at the fairfield inn last year and it was perfect if you have kids because the rooms are very spacious and there was a lot of room for the kids to run around in. I believe right now they have the fourth night for free.