PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on April 18-20 - Avoid!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Disneyland21
03-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that from April 18-20 there will be a major Cheer and Dance competition AND the Long Beach Grand Prix. Combined crowds for these two events are expected to be around 350,000! Most of whom will most likely visit Disneyland and DCA at some point during those three days. Combine that with the fact that some schools will still be on spring break and you have an EXTREMELY CROWDED park.

I was at Disneyland last year when this same cheer competition was going on and it made the parks the most crowded I've ever seen...the lines were just crazy (about 2 hour waits for almost every major attraction.)

I recommend trying to visit in May, but if you are absolutely locked into going the dates I mentioned, then I strongly suggest visiting Disneyland on Friday and DCA on Saturday to avoid at least some crowds.

xsilverxstarsx
03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
during the last cheer competition we had about 2 months ago the park wasnt really that crowded because of it, and the competition was held at DCA at the hyperion. the hotels will most likely be sold out though, but it doesnt nesecarily mean the park will be busy. the park actually should be lightening up that week because spring break will be mostly over.

santoanderson
03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, it's going to be a little busy, but nowhere near as busy as it is now. If not, hey, at least I'll be surrounded by cheerleaders. :)

Toocherie
03-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, who cares if there's a bunch of cheerleaders--

you're in Disneyland and at least they're "cheerful" right????????

:D:D

tinker3
03-29-2008, 07:36 AM
I think this cheer group is @ the Anaheim convention center so I don't know if that would make it a bigger or smaller group than the last one(DCA). I think most spring breaks are winding down, but with those two events I would bet it's going to be crowded.

tigger12658
03-29-2008, 07:57 AM
I was looking on another site where I saw this exact some thread -word for word- strange I thought, maybe some cheerleaders want disneyland to themselves?? Good luck with that right?

Toocherie
03-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I was looking on another site where I saw this exact some thread -word for word- strange I thought, maybe some cheerleaders want disneyland to themselves?? Good luck with that right?

Yeah, I had the same thought . . . which is why I posted above "who cares"

Pretty suspicious that someone would register just for the purpose of leaving a message warning everyone about a busy weekend almost a month away . . . . .

tigger12658
03-29-2008, 08:35 AM
We will go just to spite them lol :D!!

Toocherie
03-29-2008, 10:30 AM

I'm up for that (ummm, maybe . . . . . )

Disneyland21
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM

I am just tying to give everyone a heads up because I went last year and found this competition was going on and it made the parks the most crowded I have ever seen. I remember wishing someone had let me know before I made my plans.

But if you want to go see for yourself, go right ahead. Then you can report back the exact same thing I am right now.

Malcon10t
03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Actually, I think the majority here know about the cheer competitions, and the hassles. The ones who would need the warning are those who don't visit sites like these and have no clue that Disneyland on Christmas/New Years Eve/Superbowl Sunday are packed. We go annually on NYE, the cheer competitions are nothing in comparison.

I will never forget sitting at Bengal BBQ on the 27th of December, joined by a young couple who had come to visit who serious had NO IDEA the park would be busy as they thought everyone would be visiting families.

Heffalump
03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Very happy we don't have plans to drive over on this weekend! :D

meghan1
03-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm going those dates, but I'm not worried. A crowded disneyland is better than no disneyland.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
03-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm going those dates, but I'm not worried. A crowded disneyland is better than no disneyland.

Us too. The 20th is our first day of 4 so no biggie. I'm not worried. We were there a couple weeks before Christmas 2005 during the 50th celebration. Can't imagine we'll ever be there at a busier time than that! It was a madhouse!!:eek:

Monte Cristo
03-29-2008, 07:02 PM

This is the right attitude to have. If you're locked into dates, what is the sense is being uptight about crowd level? You're at Disneyland, you're going to have fun no matter what. You already know you're going to encounter lines and crowds and lots and lots of bodies.

Anytime I get a little frustrated with a line, I just remember one thing:

I could be at work right now.

Then I smile and feel so grateful to be standing in line at Disneyland rather than sitting at a desk.

Niwel
03-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Passover is that weekend -- so that might actually help the weekend a little (first seder is Saturday night)

GrouchoMarx
03-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Passover is that weekend -- so that might actually help the weekend a little (first seder is Saturday night)

...so those who are at Disneyland that weekend will look around in wonder and amazement at the small crowd and ask, "why is this weekend different from all other weekends of the year?" :rolleyes:
<sorry, I couldn't resist>

Niwel
03-29-2008, 10:27 PM
...so those who are at Disneyland that weekend will look around in wonder and amazement at the small crowd and ask, "why is this weekend different from all other weekends of the year?" :rolleyes:
<sorry, I couldn't resist>

Very good Groucho. ;)

santoanderson
03-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, stay away from DLR April 18-20.... so I can have the parks all for myself. :~D

Disneyland21
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes, stay away from DLR April 18-20.... so I can have the parks all for myself. :~D

I think you are missing the point. You won't be by yourself, you will be with a lot of the 300,000 people coming for the Cheer and Dance competition and the Long Beach Grand Prix...and whoever else is still on spring break.

nico335
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I think you are missing the point. You won't be by yourself, you will be with a lot of the 300,000 people coming for the Cheer and Dance competition and the Long Beach Grand Prix...and whoever else is still on spring break.

get a sense of humor. not having one is the last thing you would need, especially on a disney discussion message board.

Malcon10t
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I think you are missing the point. You won't be by yourself, you will be with a lot of the 300,000 people coming for the Cheer and Dance competition and the Long Beach Grand Prix...and whoever else is still on spring break.It will be busy, but it wont be turnstile closure busy. I wouldn't avoid if you already had plans.

HisKid
04-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Nobody is going to be on spring break that week. Every spring break I have heard of has either come and gone, or is going on currently.

santoanderson
04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I don't even think I was being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure I was just trying to be optimistic. But seriously, me, single dude, rubbing shoulders with hot cheerleaders. Is there a downside?

Mermaid
04-01-2008, 08:21 PM

I also don't think anyone is on spring break at that time. The crowd has already gone down 50,000 people since the start of the thread! :p But, thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to get an extra Dole Whip to eat in line!