PDA

View Full Version : Bountiful Garden @ DCA

Lani
06-22-2001, 12:40 PM
Has anyone seen the Bountiful Garden counter shop open yet? The one with all the healthy items on the menu? If so, has anyone TRIED the food? How is it?

KarenW2
06-22-2001, 09:09 PM
Yes, Lani, my husband has eaten a wrap from the stand and he thought it was OK, not great. It came with grapes on the side I think.

Rok
06-23-2001, 10:21 AM
Lani,

My wife and I have eaten there. The wraps were very tasy indeed. I had the beef and my wife had something with chicken I think.

Notice I said 'were'. They have removed all of the wraps from the menu except for the kids PB&J wrap.

DisneylandKid
04-30-2002, 05:20 AM
Now the name of this place will be Hopper's Restaurant or something like that. Ah! I want BVFarm to stay the way it is!

Not Afraid
04-30-2002, 07:40 AM
In all my visits to DCA, I have NEVER eaten at this place. It was never open and I got tired of walking over there to check. Being a lover of "healthy" food, I wish it was open more. I need a good, healthy alternative to Award Wieners or Corn Dog Castle.

Goofy'sDad
04-30-2002, 11:42 AM
I have to say we are pretty disappointed with this whole area. Coming from an agricultural community the presentation shows a distinct and limited corporate bias. "Healthy food" ... well yes by comparison to some of the standard fare, but it's not organically grown. The farm demo area also portrays a rather "old school" approach to farming. You won't see any discussion or indication of the use of "integrated pest management" (you can use more kid friendly terms), sustainable farming practices, organic farming, etc. These are all booming movements in agriculture these days ... and thankfully so if you ask me. I can imagine the political issues at work on this subject in the echelons of Disney. Nevertheless, it was hardly educational for my kids, and disheartening for us to see such a limited view being presented to others.

The best part of the area were those wonderful walking plants! Now THAT was worth the visit to Bountiful Farm...

Hyperboy
04-30-2002, 12:05 PM
The wraps were really really good! Especially when you took em to the food court and put soy sauce on them.

Now, of course, they took it off the menu.

Those PBJ things were interesting, they make a fun dessert!