AVP
09-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Recieved from Disneyland Merchandise Special Events:

“a bug’s land” premiere
Premium Annual Passholder Event
Event Package A
Friday, October 4, 2002

This special sneak preview offer will give Premium Annual
Passholder’s the first opportunity to get a bug’s eye view of “a bug’s land,” the newest addition to Disney’s California Adventure park.

Each limited-attendance designated preview time will give Guests the opportunity to become the size of a bug and discover a place where being small is big fun.

This package will include:
· Dated Premium Annual Passholder “a bug’s land” Souvenir Fun Map
· Opportunity to get a bug’s eye view of Flik’s Fun Fair
· “ a bug’s land” snack and beverage
· All new Ugly Bug Ball Show
· Dated Premium Annual Passholder commemorative pin featuring Francis & Dot with the Flik’s Fun Fair logo

Tickets for this package are $10 per Guest. Limited to 5,000 Guests. No other discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Reservations for Package “A” will be accepted only via Annual Passholder web site.

Please visit the Annual Passholder website at www.disneyland.com to find out more details and register online.

Updated 9/12/02:

Premium Annual Passholders have the exclusive opportunity to purchase "a bug's land" event tickets for themselves and up to nine (9) Guests. One Premium Annual Passport per group and/or household required for event admission.

EVENT INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
A valid Premium Annual Passport & event ticket is required to enter “a bug’s land” premiere at Disney’s California Adventure park for this event.

As always, paid admission is required to enter Disney’s California Adventure park.

"a bug's land" with attractions inspired by Disney/Pixar's "A BUG'S LIFE." © Disney/Pixar

“a bug’s land” bug bash with Hotel package
Event Package “B”
Saturday, October 5, 2002
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

This special sneak preview offer will give Premium Annual Passholder’s the first opportunity to get
a bug’s eye view of “a bug’s land,” the newest addition to Disney’s California Adventure park.

· One night hotel accommodation at the Disneyland Hotel*
· Breakfast at a DisneylandŇ Resort Hotel restaurant
· Special Green carpet arrival at “a bug’s land”
· Bug-o-licious themed Buffet
· “a bug’s land” live Music
· Bugology 101- classroom in “It’s Tough to Be A Bug” including special Guest appearances
· Meet and Greet with a Bugologist and some of the creators of “a bug’s land”
· Dated Premium Annual Passholder commemorative pin featuring Francis & Dot with the Flik’s Fun Fair logo
· “a bug’s land” photo opportunity
· Commemorative Flik’s Fun Fair lanyard & pin (Edition size of 1000)

Opportunity to purchase the following Limited-Edition “ a bug’s land” Event Merchandise
through the Random Selection Process
· Five (5) Limited-Edition pins featuring characters from each attraction at “Flik’s Fun Fair” (Edition size 1500 each)
· Limited-edition boxed pin set (Edition size 500)
· Limited-edition three Pin Puzzle set (Edition size 100)
· Limited –edition “Large” bug pin (Edition size 100)

Tickets for this package are $395 per Guest.
No other discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Reservations for Package “B” will be accepted only via Annual Passholder web site.
Please visit the Annual Passholder website at www.disneyland.com to find out more details and register online. Restrictions apply.

A valid Premium Annual Passport & event ticket is required to enter “a bug’s land” bug bash at Disney’s California Adventure park for this event.

As always, paid admission is required to enter Disney’s California Adventure park.

"a bug's land" with attractions inspired by Disney/Pixar's "A BUG'S LIFE." © Disney/Pixar

*Persons purchasing tickets for the package will be offered accommodations at the Disneyland Hotel (double occupancy) on 10/4, 10/5 or 10/6 only. Hotel stay as part of the “a bug’s land” bug bash is an additional bonus and has no monetary value. The hotel stay is non-refundable, non-transferable and is forfeited if not used in conjunction with the “a bug’s land” bug bash. Hotel stay excludes resort fees and taxes. Hotel stay requires advance reservations. Hotel subject to substitution.

“a bug’s land” bug bash
Event Package “C”
Saturday, October 5, 2002
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

This special sneak preview offer will give Premium Annual Passholder’s the first opportunity to get
a bug’s eye view of “a bug’s land,” the newest addition to Disney’s California Adventure park.

· Special Green carpet arrival at “a bug’s land”
· Bug-o-licious themed Buffet
· “a bug’s land” live Music
· Bugology 101- classroom in “It’s Tough to Be A Bug” including special Guest appearances
· Meet and Greet with a Bugologist and some of the creators of “a bug’s land”
· “a bug’s land” photo opportunity
· Commemorative Flik’s Fun Fair lanyard & pin (Edition size of 1000)

Opportunity to purchase the following Limited-Edition “ a bug’s land” Event Merchandise
through the Random Selection Process
· Five (5) Limited-Edition pins featuring characters from each attraction at “Flik’s Fun Fair”
(Edition size 1500 each)
· Limited-edition boxed pin set (Edition size 500)
· Limited-edition three Pin Puzzle set (Edition size 100)
· Limited –edition “Large” bug pin (Edition size 100)

Tickets for this package are $125 per Guest.
Child’s ticket price is $25 per Guest (ages 3-9*).
*Child’s ticket does not allow participation in the Random Selection Process

Limited to 800 Guests.
No other discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Reservations for Package “C” will be accepted only via Annual Passholder web site.

Please visit the Annual Passholder website at www.disneyland.com to find out more details and register online. Restrictions apply.

A valid Premium Annual Passport & event ticket is required to enter “a bug’s land” bug bash
at Disney’s California Adventure park for this event.

As always, paid admission is required to enter Disney’s California AdventureÔ park.

And also just announced…

“a bug’s land” Premiere Week
Monday, October 7, through Saturday, October 12, 2002
Regular Park Operating Hours

· Premium Annual Passholders will receive a “a bug’s land” map & commemorative button
· Opportunity to visit with “a bug’s land” characters
· “It’s Tough to be a Bug” Show

"a bug's land" with attractions inspired by Disney/Pixar's "A BUG'S LIFE" Disney/Pixar

Morrigoon
09-10-2002, 06:27 PM
At the price of a meal in the resort these days, $10 is a downright deal

Andrew
09-10-2002, 06:30 PM
How interesting, an event where only Annual Passholders and their guests are invited.

Wait a minute.

Could it be...

AN AP PARTY?!

::faints::

Matterhorn Fan
09-10-2002, 06:32 PM
$10 might be a deal, but they also appear to believe that they're going to find a whole lot of people willing to pay $395 for possibly winning the privilege of spending more money on pins.

MammaSilva
09-10-2002, 06:34 PM
and not very bright ones considering that there is the next package with the same perks for only 125 sans the hotel and a meal at the resort....

DJ_MENTOS
09-10-2002, 08:20 PM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but its only for PAP's (Premium Annual Passholders?) NOt for SoCal or Deluxe, correct.
I base this on the quote:
A valid Premium Annual Passport & event ticket is required to enter "a bug's land" premiere

DJ_MENTOS

blusilva
09-10-2002, 09:29 PM
They certainly haven't gone out of their way to notify Premium passholders. I guess you have to be on the merchandise list to get any notification for any events at all. I do not collect merch. Therefore, I am not on their list. I don't need any waaaay overpriced Disneyana stuff. I just want to go to cool park events. Not that this is one of them, but still.

Thanks so much AVP for keeping us updated. If it weren't for you, I'd never know what was going on.

P.S. and I don't get the whole "as always, paid admission is required to enter the park" codicil. If you can only get in with a Premium passport and an extra $10 ticket, is it really necessary to add that?

KarenW2
09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Morrigoon, I believe the info says a "Bug's land SNACK" for the 10 bucks, and if memory serves, didn't they say there would be a CHURRO cart in this new area? So, I think you might have the answer on what the "snack" will be! :D

Interesting, they don't have a limit on the number of "B" packages to be sold, but they do limit the number sold on the other 2 packages, right? Not real jazzed about the limited edition random selection merchandise, so we'll probably pass on it.

How many people will they be letting in at a time during these "events"? Seems like it could get crowded really fast there.

We're both PAPs and we haven't received any info on this, other than reading the same info posted on this here, the Disney site and other BBs.

cstephens
09-10-2002, 11:30 PM
I find it a little odd that they're having this event IMMEDIATELY after the Haunted Mansion Holiday event. I suppose the two events appeal to a different crowd, but still, the next day?

Wizard69
09-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Interesting, they don't have a limit on the number of "B" packages to be sold, but they do limit the number sold on the other 2 packages, right? Not real jazzed about the limited edition random selection merchandise, so we'll probably pass on it.

They've done the random selection process for the HMH event. It is "to be fair to all guests".

wdtv
09-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Perhaps they're counting on all the diehard -- and rich -- pin collectors to stay at the resort a bit longer?

These merchandise packages are practically a joke to me (Except for the $10 one). I mean, unless you're a pin fanatic, Is it really worth spending over $100? I can understand spending hundreds, even thousands, in Disneyland. It's always well worth the money. But on a small kiddie play area in DCA?

I wouldn't fork over the cash ...

sydney
09-11-2002, 01:13 AM
well, at least I concede that this is the only way to do an AP event in CA. given the half million APs that are currently running around, you can't just invite them all in for the day. I don't think that's logical to expect. limiting it to Premium... especially for a merch event, where if you're buying lots of stuff at the resort, you probably have figured out you can earn back the money you paid for your 10% off... (I have, and I don't buy pins at all)... so that doesn't seem to unfair...

I think 10 bucks is a fair price (in disney money) for a drink/snack (even if it's a churro), and a pin. basically I would look at it as being let into the land early, but being made to promise I'd buy a souvenir and a snack once I got there.

I got about this far into my calculations before realizing... I don't really care about a bug's land, and I'll just show up the next monday or tuesday when it's less busy, take my free AP map or whatever, and be happy I didn't pay 10 bucks.

So that came out a little more cynical than I meant it. oops.

PS: I do want to say that had they not offered the 10 dollar "package" I would have been peeved... it always seems the special events are a little too "special" (read: expensive) for those that want the experience but don't want the merchendise. ;)

JackSkellington
09-11-2002, 08:15 AM
SO with package "A". Is it my understanding that we will be givin certain times to go in to the "New Land"? Which also suggests to me that we cannot just walk in and out as we please?

If it is like that then I cant go because I have to work around 5:30pm.

I think it is very cool that this is for PAP's. However at the same time is it because we are the only ones who will go, after all we do make up most of the attendance at DCA at certain times.

-Jarod

__________________________________________________ _______

"I cant believe whats happening to me? My hopes, my dreams, my fantasies!!!" -Jack

roberts1398
09-11-2002, 08:54 AM
OK, am I the only one grossing out over "Bug-o-licious Buffet"? Come on, what do they serve... fried grasshoppers, chocolate covered ants, and cockroach cheesecake?

Not a good choice of names, guys... Can't say it makes me want to run there with my checkbook in hand...

KarenW2
09-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Maybe it'll be the grubs, worms and all, like they served on all of the Survivor and other "reality-based" shows!! :D Definitely not the tastiest treats! The picture that comes to mind for me is that gross looking cupcake in the "Tough to Be a Bug Show"!! GROSS!!

We don't like churros, so I'm hoping we find out it's something else as the "snack". The merchandise doesn't excite me, so I think we'll pass on the packages with and without the hotel stay & breakfast.

Friday is a work day for my DH. Does anyone know when package "A" is supposed to start? We might consider that one, but on the whole, it's not a "can't miss" for me yet.

JeffG
09-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Andrew
How interesting, an event where only Annual Passholders and their guests are invited.

Wait a minute.

Could it be...

AN AP PARTY?!

::faints::

I see they are advertising this as a "premiere". I'm assuming that means that Paul Pressler will greet each guest at the gate and let them know that it is really just a dress rehearsal...

-Jeff

merlinjones
09-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Why would anyone pay an extra $10 when you'll be able to go for free any time you want in just a few weeks?

roberts1398
09-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Actually, once I saw it written out, it wasn't so bad ... $10 for snack, drink & pin -- at DLR prices, isn't bad. I do think people would be more willing to pay $$$ if it was more than 3 days before the general opening.

KarenW2
09-11-2002, 04:52 PM
I just took a look at the Disney site and noticed something. They have listed various times to buy your tickets for, for the "A" package. The latest time available is 5 O'CLOCK!! :(

Friday is a work day for my DH, so I wonder why they aren't keeping the park open later, since most other people I know work for a living as well! If they want to limit it til 5pm, they should've done this on a Saturday or Sunday instead! ARGH!

RStar
09-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Well, they are betting that kids like gross, that's why the food names are such.

Also I noticed that only one PAP is needed to get the family of five the tickets. I was wondering because only the wife and I have Prem.s, the kids have delux.

And they mention that "Paid addmission is nessasary" because a PAP could bring kids (over 3) that don't have APs at all.

jrsharp21
09-12-2002, 09:39 AM
I'll be there on Friday for the 5pm session. Me and my girlfriend are flying in from Sacramento that morning and decided this would be kind of cool to go to. Shoot, its only $10 bucks.