PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland's 50th

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 12:39 PM
What is planned for Disneyland's 50th. I have a feeling that a lot of people will be there like for the 40th. I hope that in order to show off the park, they get things fixed up there in the next few years . . . after all, they want to get good publicity!

Morrigoon
06-22-2001, 09:52 PM
Well, we can all hope Eisner "moves on to new projects" between now and then (and takes Pressler with him). Then maybe hold out hope for a good show. After the 45th, in which I was SORELY disappointed, I doubt the park will do nearly what it OUGHT (which is a pity given that 50 is far more significant than 40).

They did a great job for the 40th, between the Time Castle and the free cake all day, not to mention the celeb leading happy birthday from atop the Matterhorn! (who was that again, Garth Brooks?)

I hope they plan to do a TV show from the b-day celebrations, then they might be tempted to do something snazzy. How about a musical theme... 5 stages around the park, each representing a different decade in DL's history, with rotating bands/performers playing all day. 50's in Carnation Plaza, 60's at the French Market, 70's (somewhere), 80's in front of TL at the hub, and 90's at TL Terrace. Oh wait, hub would clash with Carnation.... hmm..... well anyway, you get the basic idea.

(sigh) But they never ask me.

KevAct1
06-23-2001, 09:17 AM
I would suspect they are going to do something T-riffic for the 50th. 45 wasn't too big of a deal, which is why they didn't do much. But 50 will be HUGE! Think about it - do you as much for your 45th as for your 50th? Didn't think so.;)

Matterhorn Fan
06-24-2001, 04:45 AM
A TV show for the 50th would be cool, but if they set up stages around the park, I have a feeling it'll be the same singers/bands that are on every Disney/ABC/TGIF lineup special.

Can anyone say 98 Degress? :(