PDA

View Full Version : Frontierland Shootin' Exposition

Matterhorn Fan
09-10-2002, 05:58 PM
As far as I can tell, this hasn't come up yet. Here's what I want to know: Has anyone here ever hit that train in the back? If so, what's the secret? I can hit everything else in there except for the train and it's very frustrating for me.

I'm also interested in hearing other warm & fuzzy feel-good stories any of you have about the Shootin' Exposition. :)

PXSgeek
09-10-2002, 06:33 PM
the trick is to have losts of money

in december CMs and family go into DL and can play as long as they want for free:cool:

lisap
09-10-2002, 07:45 PM
I will sadly admit I have NEVER done this attraction. But in your honor I will go shoot some poor helpless trains (?) this weekend in your honor. ;)

bandboy1985
09-10-2002, 07:56 PM
i used to frequent this attraction as often as we went. i was actually pretty good, although i recall getting some help from my grandpa at times! since he grew up in a cow-town in nevada, frontierland was of course his favorite area (he used to complain that no big river ran through his hometown!), and he and my grandma only went with us down once...so now i always think of him when i walk through frontierland. i can usually take a minute to stand near the sagebrush planters, and i see myself more than ten years ago when he had to hold me up to the top of the counter!

blusilva
09-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Yep, I've hit it. Sight it out for a couple of runs then hold real still until it comes through again. Takes patience and nerves of steel. :)

I love the Shooting Gallery. And I happen to be pretty good at it, which is probably why I love it!

Stay away from the guns in the very middle, and the ones on the very ends. The guns in the middle don't seem to line up correctly - maybe because they're used the most? And the ones on the end I find difficult to maneuver to get the middle shots because the cords holding them to the counter are too short.

Matterhorn Fan
09-12-2002, 04:19 AM
Alright, so it can be hit. (I was starting to wonder if that was a scam, but that would be un-Disney.)

What frustrated me the most was that the train stopped moving and I still wasn't hitting it.

Maybe the gun was malfunctioning? Maybe I was at a funny angle?

bandboy: I'm glad someone had a warm & fuzzy memory of the Shootin' Exposition. Thanks. :)

lisap: Please let me know how well you do. Don't spook the horsies in the stable too many times, alright?