PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland crowd report: 3/26 & 3/27

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
03-26-2008, 11:12 AM
AdrienneK just called to report that Annual Passholders are required to obtain a hand stamp when they leave one of the parks so that they can return later today. This usually means that the resort is approaching the capacity level where they stop allowing new admissions.

AVP

BIRDGIRLS
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Ugh, it was soooo crowded today. at 830 (half an hour after park opening) me and my sis got fastpasses for Space Mtn. that were good at 1030. At about 115 they were sold out. The wait for ToT at 1020 was sixty minutes, and they had to slow down with the single rider passes on CA Screamin'. At the Animation Building, at the Animator's Class thing (I dunno what it's called) they cut off the line because they reached capacity. It was soooooo crowded. I also saw the wait time for Grizzly was 75 minutes at 1:00.

nico335
03-26-2008, 03:07 PM
This is how it's going to be for the rest of the week!

River Belle
03-26-2008, 03:11 PM
When will it calm down (relatively) again? Next Monday? A week from Monday?

santoanderson
03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I would guess it'll end sometime after spring break.

mckygirl99
03-26-2008, 06:21 PM
AdrienneK just called to report that Annual Passholders are required to obtain a hand stamp when they leave one of the parks so that they can return later today. This usually means that the resort is approaching the capacity level where they stop allowing new admissions.

AVP

It was like that yesterday too. We entered DCA at 10:10 through the hotel and were told to make sure we got one when we left. We went to DL too and just walked around and did some shopping. We decided to go on POTC but the sign said 50 minutes. If that ride is 50 minutes, it's time to leave and that is exactly what we did. Next week may be a bit crowded too. CSUF is on spring break and some oher colleges as well. A friend of mine says her kids in Orange are off next week too. I would give it another week before things begin to die down again!

HisKid
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't know how long the line for POTC was today, but it was massive! Even the handicapped line wrapped from the exit all the way up the side of the building to the main walkway past the FRONT of POTC!

Heffalump
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
One of my girlfriends was there today with her kids and said it was very busy and yesterday too. And it is kind of hot too.

dlandfan
03-26-2008, 10:03 PM
We entered DCA today (3/26/08) at about 10:20am. The line to get a fastpass at Soarin' extended all the way back to Taste Pilot's Grill and the standby line was already an hour long. I have visited the parks during Summer, Halloween and Thanksgiving but I have never seen such long lines and wait times at almost all DCA rides - the movie attractions were fairly empty however - at least in the morning. We could only stay until about 3:30pm and really didn't do much. We spent Tuesday (3/25/08) at Disneyland and again, extremely long lines just to get fastpasses at Space Mt. and Indy and huge lines at POTC and may other places. Still, at Disneyland we found plenty to do and had fun. We saw the fireworks from the Small World area for the first time and really enjoyed that as there were no crowds at all back there. They also added an 11:30pm showing of Fantasmic!

Toocherie
03-27-2008, 08:15 AM
I am really hoping that things start to thin out by Sunday . . . . I planned my trip based on the blackout dates for the deluxe APs (which I believe are blacked out until Sunday) thinking that most Spring Breaks will be over by then (although I know there are some local districts that are taking them later).

Wallad1075
03-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I am really hoping that things start to thin out by Sunday . . . . I planned my trip based on the blackout dates for the deluxe APs (which I believe are blacked out until Sunday) thinking that most Spring Breaks will be over by then (although I know there are some local districts that are taking them later).

Deluxe APs are only blocked out on Saturdays. Weekdays are open to Deluxe.

xsilverxstarsx
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
its going to be until the 2nd week of april. we reached capacity on tuesday... so i would wait to go again until the week...

SANDYMARIE
03-27-2008, 11:10 AM

AVP

Good to know, thanks!!

TTFN :)

Jenniem56
03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Me and my Boyfriend will be going on Saturday 3/29. Will that be a mistake? ive heard that its been really busy right now due to Spring break. If thats the case im gonna be sad :( due to the fact that we will have to wait for another weekend my boyfriend can get the wekend off.

Toocherie
03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Deluxe APs are only blocked out on Saturdays. Weekdays are open to Deluxe.

Yes--you are right--what I was really meant to refer to was the Southern California passport, which blocked out the entire period from March 15-29 (including weekdays and Sundays). I figured that since Disney had re-opened access for those passholders as of the 30th that might mean that Disney thought the crowds would start to subside on the 30th. (In other words--that the bulk of the Spring Break crowds would have already been gone.)

I am still hoping that is the case.

Sorry if I confused the issue.

adriennek
03-27-2008, 12:42 PM
I just spoke to someone in the park: Crowds are just as bad or worse today, Thursday. The lines for POTC & Haunted Mansion are longer than yesterday at this time. Nemo wait was 3 hours about an hour ago.

Adrienne

Toocherie
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
I just spoke to someone in the park: Crowds are just as bad or worse today, Thursday. The lines for POTC & Haunted Mansion are longer than yesterday at this time. Nemo wait was 3 hours about an hour ago.

Adrienne

Ok . . . . so I was worried about rain on Sunday but now I hope we do get some sprinkles!!:D

Toocherie
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Any words on crowds in DCA?

LdyApxr
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
We were in DCA on Tuesday morning at 10:05 and the line for Soarin' was 2hrs long and the FP was not until 3p. UGH! That was our day to come home though so we just did a bit of shopping and Turtle Talk and headed home.

Niwel
03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
As Sunday is the "last day" of break, perhaps the crowds will come back to more typical levels (or perhaps the reports of crowds earlier this week might scare some people off) .... but you never know. :)

adriennek
03-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Any words on crowds in DCA?

Last night's report was that DCA was much more crowded than the reporter had seen it previously, but I haven't heard anything today.

Adrienne

TTFN92
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Me and my Boyfriend will be going on Saturday 3/29. Will that be a mistake? ive heard that its been really busy right now due to Spring break. If thats the case im gonna be sad :( due to the fact that we will have to wait for another weekend my boyfriend can get the wekend off.

It would only be a mistake if you want it to be dead. If you go knowing that it is going to be crowded (and it will be because it is a Sat.) and go just because you want to be there, then you would be fine. But expect to not do very much.

Jenniem56
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
It would only be a mistake if you want it to be dead. If you go knowing that it is going to be crowded (and it will be because it is a Sat.) and go just because you want to be there, then you would be fine. But expect to not do very much.

I think your right. Thank you. To be honest I've been there about a week after Christmas and it was soo crowd. i ended up being grumpy at the end of the night. So, i dont think it can possibly be as bad as that. I can handle it. lol thanks for the advice! Now im having "Disneyland Fever":D

HisKid
03-27-2008, 06:20 PM

<Eyes boinging out>

3 HOURS!!!

I can't imagine anything I would be willing to stand in line for for 3 hours. Maybe a million bucks, or a whole-body painless, instant makeover, lol.

FolsomFan
03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
With all the talk of how bad the economy is doing, I thought the crowds might be smaller.

I guess not!