PDA

View Full Version : What Yesterland attraction would you bring back?

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 11:58 AM
What Yesterland attraction would you bring back?

Rocket Rods or Peoplemover
Submarines, in an updated form, of course
Skyway

Andrew
06-22-2001, 12:28 PM
Are those my choices?

Tomorrowland:
PeopleMover, Circle-Vision, America Sings and/or Carousel of Progress, Adventure thru Inner Space, Rocket Jets, Submarine Voyage, Skyway to Fantasyland.

Adventureland:
The full Tiki Room show, before Offenbach was edited out.

New Orleans Square:
The One-Of-A-Kind Shop.

Frontierland:
I like Frontierland the way it is! I never got to see the Mine Train so I don't know if I'd miss it or not. I do miss Cascade Peak but that's not an attraction. Oh, Keel Boats!

Critter Country:
Bring back the original Country Bear Jamboree show for the Playhouse's final season.

Fantasyland:
Skyway to Tomorrowland, the pirate ship, Motorboat Cruise (but not to Gummi Glen!).

Main Street:
Nothing here, really. I'm looking forward to the new Great Moments show.

Gemini Cricket
06-22-2001, 12:28 PM
The SkyWay, the "not P.C." version of Pirates and the Tahitian Terrace.

zapppop
06-22-2001, 01:19 PM
PeopleMover
Submarines
SkyWay
non-pc Pirates Of The Caribbean
Captain EO
Carousel Of Progress
Main Street Electrical Parade - ( returning in 2002 :) )

06-22-2001, 01:40 PM
Submarine Voyage

Morrigoon
06-22-2001, 09:41 PM
Oh wow... the mind reels...

Yeah, I'd like to see Tahitian Terrace return too!

Skyway, Peoplemover, CoP or America Sings, Keelboats (I've never gotten to ride in one, can you believe it?), Flying Saucers with updated technology, Rocket Jets, Adventure Through Inner Space (but not in its original location... I like Star Tours), the Circlevision exit area (with the comfy padded benches and speaker phones).
Also, I'd like to see Space Mtn's escalator back!

(gee... strong leaning towards TL here... I wonder why...)

This is getting too long, better cut it off here

merlinjones
06-22-2001, 09:42 PM
1) Skyway

2) Adventure Thru Inner Space (new location)

3) Pirate Ship and Skull Rock

4) Submarine Voyage

5) Rocket Jets (up high)

6) Golden Horseshoe Revue (Can-Can!!!)

7) Tahitian Terrace

8) Carousel of Progress

9) Flying Saucers

10) PeopleMover

11) CircleVision 360

12) Original Sleeping Beauty Dioramas

Morrigoon
06-22-2001, 09:44 PM
Merlin:

You and I posed w/in seconds of eachother yet came up with nearly the exact same list....

That's TELLING, isnt it!

merlinjones
06-22-2001, 09:48 PM
>>You and I posed w/in seconds of eachother yet came up with nearly the exact same list.... That's TELLING, isnt it!<<

That's because I can read your thoughts (or because you have consistently impeccable taste!). Anti-Walt should get a clue from us.

stevemo
06-23-2001, 09:17 AM
If I could only pick one (maybe two) it would be the Submarine Voyage and/or The Tahitian Terrace. But all of these posts have some good options, except for Captain Eo. After certain news stories came out that show became kinda creepy.

Mandrake Linux
06-23-2001, 11:48 AM
I'd have to make a sharp pick between Captain EO and The Submarine Voyage, or Skyway. I wouldn't want an updated Submarine Voyage because its gonna be lame like the new autopia with all the rice burner 2001 cars instead of good ol' American raw engine musclecar power.

lillas
06-23-2001, 08:18 PM
ACDC Therapy

I couldn't agree more re: the Subs. It was over for me when they went from cold war battleship grey to Jaques Custou yellow.

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-24-2001, 06:41 AM
I really miss the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland.:(

Lacrosse Boy
06-26-2001, 11:56 AM
I would bring back the old Pirates, before it was rehabbed in to Splash Pirates!

(Although Splash Pirates is fun)

amynicole22
06-27-2001, 10:20 AM
The Peoplemover - ultimate makeout ride, and plus, you got to "enter the world of TRON" - one of the most cheesy, yet fabulous movies of all time! They should have just left Tron in when they rehabbed for Rocket Rods - that would have been a trip.

The Skyway - a fun way to get from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, plus I like any ride where you can go through a mountain.

The Carousel of Progress/America Sings - Anything is better than Innoventions (Corporate Sponsor Land)

Also - not in Disneyland, but right next door -

The Monorail Cafe - I can't tell you how many wonderful meals my family and I had here. I was heartbroken when it closed.

Gregmh48
06-27-2001, 04:12 PM
I'd bring back either the People Mover or Sky Way.

skeleton@thewheel
06-27-2001, 04:50 PM
My vote would definitely be for Adventure thru Inner Space. That ride along with Pirates was and is classic Disneyland.

DisneyFreak2000
07-07-2001, 09:28 PM
Swiss Family Treehouse (What's this Tarzan crap?), Country Bear Jamboree (The original show and possibly whole thing if Pooh comes), Skull Rock, People Mover, Rocket Jets (HIGHER!), Captain EO, Main Street Electrical Parade

DisneylandKid
07-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Submarine Voyage (updated however) and Rocket Rods.

Gandalf
07-13-2001, 05:06 PM
1. I agree the original Country Bear Jamboree w/ Big Al and his rendition of "Blood on the Saddle." Definitely going to miss seeing their Christmas show w/ Elvis...
2. Peoplemover
3. Submarines but w/ an Atlantis slant to it
My Wish List for Santa at Christmas:
4. Skull Rock & even half a Chicken of the Sea Pirates' Ship
5. Carousel of Progress

With all the closings over near New Orleans Square it's going to feel like a ghosttown over there.

~SAVE THE BEARS~

beanpole
07-14-2001, 01:46 AM
Mission to Mars
People Mover
Adventure Thru Inner Space
America Sings

I'm surprised by my own list. It suggests that all I really miss is the 1985 version of Tomorrowland. It was so kinetic... so exciting.... so colorful at night.

In a perfect world, all of the above would be returned to Disneyland without requiring the destruction of Star Tours or Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. On the other hand, I wouldn't shed a tear if ANY Disneyland update required the dismantling of Innoventions.

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 11:08 AM
An Atlantis sub ride.
If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean by saying:
There are so many possibilities!
Heck, they could even make a fast portion. Anyone agree?:confused:

DisneyDad
07-14-2001, 12:39 PM
The way Walt AND Roy O. ran things. (Roy O. was president & CEO, after all).

"(Walt's) passion for Disneyland continued unabated. He looked forward to winter weekends, when he could wander the park with few people to interrupt his musings. He would often stay overnight in his firehouse apartment, prowling through the park after the public had gone, inspecting where a coat of paint was needed, studying empty spaces that could be filled with new and tantalizing attractions."
-Building a Company, Bob Thomas
http://www.justdisney.com/images/walt_disney_photos/Disney_land-sm.jpg

KarenW2
07-14-2001, 11:19 PM
After viewing a "soft" opening of the new Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, I'd definitely like to see the ORIGINAL Great Moments return to Disneyland!! I don't like the new version. :(

Thunderhorn
07-15-2001, 02:45 PM
I'm not really surprised it's been mentioned only once. I want the World Of TRON to return! I went thru it only once or twice but it's among my favorites at Disneyland. Isn't that building just empty right now? Did they alter the track changing Peoplemover to Rocket Rods? If not, why not just put the Peoplemover trains back on??? Would it really be that much trouble???

I'm too young to have seen much of Yesterland when it was Tomorrowland.

What is wrong with Innoventions? I happen to really like it.

Oh, here's something nobody has mentioned yet- the Viewliner and the House of Tomorrow.:p