PDA

View Full Version : How did you Plan your Itinerary?Plus!

melomouse
06-21-2001, 09:01 PM
Hi - More questions from the excited and anxious melomouse - & many thanx georgi & sm for your help!
We got a great rate at POFQ. If I now join Disney Club, will they give me ANOTHER % off room at checkin upon presentation of the card - or are you limited to one discount?
Those gel coolers are a great idea - now I will look for them.
We are up to working on our itinerary - when some of you did this, did you have a family conference? Or Mom really does know her family best, but be flexible? Still also thinking about tix. There's a new ParkHopper offer out now w/ 4 options instead of two - but is it worth it?
If I keep cereal and milk, soda, etc. in the room, does anybody object?
Just got the park schedule & parade schedule for August and waiting for thr e-night announcements. And somewhere on this board is there a list of "who's going to WDW & when?
You guys are great - I know it is reducing the stress factor for me. With this family's heath hx, I need to do this. I'm checking w/ my cardiologist 7/3 about the rides & heat factor. Thanks again, Disney Lovers!

:rolleyes:

Tlg
06-22-2001, 05:31 AM
The best thing I was did was arrange to have a refrigerator in our room. Yes, it costs extra, but you end up saving a bundle. We ate cereal and fruit every morning in the room and always had cold water to drink.

One way to make up a group itinerary that has worked for me is for everyone to make a list of their "must dos." Once all the lists are compiled you'll see that things will naturally fall into patterns and when you take into consideration early entry days, you'll find your days can almost plan themselves.

LyricSaison
06-22-2001, 06:00 AM
Cereal and milk are good, if you can keep the milk from spoiling. Pop Tarts are even better - I'm a Pop Tart fiend.
When we go, this is how we plan our day: We pick a morning park and on the way there we each name three things that we HAVE to do. Sometimes they overlap. Often the things are really silly - "I have to ride Space Mountain, eat french fries with lots of vinegar and buy postcards." Anything we do outside of those six things (three each) is just a bonus. Around noon we drive to another park and spend the rest of the day there. We also choose three things for that park.
It works for us, but there are only two of us...

justgeorgi
06-22-2001, 07:47 AM
Hey there! This is what we do. I have an eight year old daughter, but I almost always bring her best friend or at least my Aunt Karen and her guide dog Gwen so I am always needing to feed lots of mouths.

We always bring a big cooler, if you put duct tape and bungee cords around it you can also put it on the plane. Don't duct tape it until you get there though b/c sometimes they want to look inside. (maybe they are hungry!)

I bring the packaged lettuce mixes, a bottle of our favorite dressing, cheese and pepporoni, crackers and mustard, mayo, all our favorite meats and cheeses, peanut butter and jelly, snack bars, snack mix, milk, cereal, beer, wine, juice pouches (boxes take up too much room), yogurt, etc. Whatever the family likes, I also bring baby carrots, cut up celery and peppers, etc.

I never get a fridge because they charge too much a day and I should own it when I leave! This is the coolest tip EVER for coolers. We use a BIG Hi C container, rinsed out and filled with water, then frozen. The kind with a wide mouth. For really big coolers we use two. We freeze them before we leave and they keep the cooler cold for the whole week. As the ice melts we replace the bottles with ice from the ice machine. This works great! We got the tip from someone else online on one of the Disney sites. The wide mouth makes it easy to refill.

We also bring a small coffee maker, coffee, filters, sugar and tea bags, cup of soups and creamer. This way we can make our own coffee (2 BIG coffee drinkers here and we don't like that coffee at the food courts) and also tea for our daughter and the cool thing is you can just run water thru the coffee maker to make hot chocolate, cup of soups and the kids always have a snack!

I have so many other tips on food!!! Email at justgeorgi@aol.com if you want more!

As for your original question....intinerary, I do all the planning. I know what the family wants to do. We decide what park each day and everyone gets to pick one thing they CANNOT live without , then we do that. After that it is whatever looks fun!

Don't forget the Saloon in the Magic Kingdom, it is an often missed attraction that is so much fun!!!

justgeorgi
06-22-2001, 07:49 AM
The bottles of frozen water keep the cooler nice and dry, no messy melting ice in the bottom making everything soggy. We buy bread and milk at the gift shop when we get there too. Don't forget fresh fruit from home!

melomouse
06-23-2001, 07:19 AM
Thanx georgi - I have saved your e-mail - lots of good ideas - if you can travel w your blind aunt, I guess I can manage grumpy hubby the fussy eater. I am requesting a handicapped room and I have heard that there are fridges in there. We need extra space to plug in the EMV at nite. I do frozen water bottles for everyday here so that's a family policy - everyone must pack one!!
Heading for the East End of LI soon for a few days - a practice vacation run? Then 6 weeks to WDW!
Thanx again!! You ought to print a survival brochure!!!!:)melomouse

Nutz4Clopin
07-01-2001, 04:39 AM
Get the fridge definitely! Also, if husband is a fussy eater, don't be timid about asking to speak to a chef at any of the WDW restaurans. My mom has lots of dietary restrictions and preferences, so she always asks to speak with a chef. They have always been kind, accomodating and creative!:)