PDA

View Full Version : Worst Dream Ever!

Bytebear
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I have never won any of the million dreams... until today.

So, I was getting a fast pass at Space Mountain, and instead of just one pass coming out, two passes came out together. I thought "what's this?" Then I read the top of the card, and it said "Magical Moment FastPass." I got really excited, and thought, oh, my gosh, they are giving us two fastpasses to Space Mountain, and I read the next line which said "Return Anytime before 5:00 PM" Wow, a fastpass good for any time. Totally sweet! I was freaking out, and making sure everyone else in our party also got the same pass. They did. This was awesome...

Then as we leave the fastpass area, I read the card more closely.

The top of the card where it says "Space Mountain" is blacked out, with the title "Honey I Shrunk the Audience." This ticket wasn't for Space Mountain at all, but a "special" FastPass for a show that never has a line?!? Are you kidding?!? Worst Dream Ever!

disneyroxxx
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow, that sounds upsetting. I'm going in August, I hope I get a dream! Well, a decent one! I'm sorry about that, but look at the bright side, you now have the bragging rights of winning a dream!

foolishmortal
03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
that stinks BB! I agree worst dream prize goes to you! But you do have bragging rights over me...I never won any dream while we were in Dl.

AVP
03-23-2008, 10:03 PM
That's not a "Dream," and it's not brand-new (though it's been a while since I've heard of them doing it.) I seem to remember another attraction was issuing similar tickets for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln quite a while back.

AVP

Bytebear
03-24-2008, 08:09 AM
What's the difference between a "dream" and a "magic moment?" Either way, it was a pretty big let down.

danyoung
03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
They did the same thing last year in WDW, when a Space Mountain FP also got you a "special" FP for the Carousel of Progress - yes, another attraction that has no line. It's just a way to push people through underutilized attractions. I guess it makes sense from Disney's point of view, but I sure felt cheated when I understood what it was they were actually giving me.

The old man
03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I wonder who you're suppose to give it to for no stand by seating.

Wendy Bird
03-24-2008, 08:15 AM
We had that happen to us too, but at Disneyworld when we went.
Fast pass for space then a "special" fast pass for the carasol of progress... there was no wait or line for that show either

Tammy77
03-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I got one of those too, on friday

Donald Duck Fan68
03-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I would guess that the pass is designed for a guest who wouldn't know any better that HISTA never has a line and they think they're getting something special. The magic would be filling up a show that never has a line and runs at less than 50% capacity for most all of its shows.

Jim Dear and Darling
03-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Lame.

I got one of those for HISTA back in September. Fortunately, I didn't think it was a dream, which is good, because I would have had the exact same reaction as you Bytebear. LOL, I just thought "Wow, they really are trying to get people into that attraction, aren't they?"

cookie7762
03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I remember this awhile back at DCA. Its definitely not a dream. I remember getting it for its a bugs life, and i think at DL for haunted mansion, back when huanted masnion had FP. I dont think I ever used them. Im sure theyre just trying to fill the less popular attractions.

tinker3
03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Here's hoping you win a "REAL" Dream soon! :)

Bolivar
03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I can picture the scene in the conference room...

"OK people, no one is going into HISTA. We need to do something about this. I need your ideas; brainstorm, just throw them out."

"I know, since no one likes it, let's work on a replacement that will be a cool attraction that will create a buzz for the park, revitalize Torrowland and give customers new thrills."

"Come on folks, I need serious thoughts. Anyone?"

"I have a thought... Let's do a marketing scheme where we give out bonus tickets and make people think they won a cool prize and the prize will be entry into HISA."

"Brilliant, let's do it!"

evrythngwmn
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
What's the difference between a "dream" and a "magic moment?" Either way, it was a pretty big let down.

A dream is a prize given by the dream squad.

A magic moment is generally just a little extra nicety done by CMs for guests. Some examples that have been mentioned here on MP are private time with Crush at Turtle Talk and the tablecloth and silverwear set up at some of the fast foodish eateries like Tomorrowland Terrace and Taste Pilots grill.

Just about every line of business at the resort has some kind of Magic Moment they perform almost daily.

Jon
03-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Maybe the Fast Pass lets you skip the 20-minute Kodak commercial at the beginning.
:rolleyes:

olegc
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
the park has been doing some sort of cross promotion with rides for some time - every since I was a kid at least (early 60s). trying to get people to use their A and B tickets back then. So - these days - they have to get you where you are - which is usually avoiding attractions like HISTA.

It is true, though, that new visitors (remember, not EVERYONE has been to DLR yet) may need a little nudge to try other attractions, especially at busy times..

charpaul
03-25-2008, 04:43 AM
I am wondering if they have the "special row" for VIP visitors in HISTA like they do for Muppets and Bug's Life???

I am thinking that your magical moment might allow you to sit there.
Just a guess, but a magical moment should be SOMETHING special.....

CV12Pirate
03-25-2008, 06:30 AM
That's not a dream, that's a nightmare.

Leap for Joy
03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
That's so disappointing!!!

John
03-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Sounds a practical joker at the place that prints up the fast passes has slipped in some bogus cards :eek:

Julie Mouse
03-28-2008, 09:31 AM
My dad is down from Montana this week and when we got through the 10-15 minute line for Space Fastpasses we got the "Magical Moment Fastpass". It was almost 8:30 and it was for Priority Seating for HISTA and it was to be used anytime before 10am...so basically I was supposed to use valuable time early in the day before it got more crowded by sitting in HISTA. That actually seems almost mean to me, it was so crowded yesterday (all week really) that I can't imagine a family giving up morning time when they could be going to attractions that will be getting busier and busier at that show.

It's not a horrible thing, but I don't think it should be used on super-busy days with time limits during non-peak hours. That's not a magical moment.

LdyApxr
03-28-2008, 09:45 AM
LMAO! We got the same thing on Easter. My teenager did the FP run and came back with two of those(out of 8) and said "Wow, this is REALLY COOL!:rolleyes:" LOL

Heffalump
03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I know that was a nightmare but that is really funny. Who wants to go to Honey I Shrunk the Audience?