PDA

View Full Version : What is RIGHT about DCA?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

HisKid
03-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Hear so much negative. When I went, I saw some issues, but was mostly pleasantly surprised. I just thought it might be fun to think about some things that are great about DCA, and at the same time give us things to make sure we don't miss on our next trips.

I think Soarin' and ToT were pretty awesome. I also enjoyed the Muppets 3D show more than I expected.

hlbtimes2
03-22-2008, 10:32 AM
From my 9 year old:
1. Grizzly River Rapids
2. Soarin'
3. Screamin'
4. TOT
5. Maliboomer

annieb727
03-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Our favorites at DCA are:

Screamin'
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Grizzly River
Mulholland Madness
Sun Wheel (yes we really like this one - swinging gondolas)
Aladdin Show

houseofmouse
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I love DCA, it is fun to hop over there and ride our fav's.
1. Soarin
2. Tower of Terror
3. Screamin- I even bought a Screamin T-shirt :)
4. My kids like Grizzly but not me. I hate to walk around wet!
5. I like the Orange Stinger-not very Disney but fun anyway!
6. Maliboomer- yup we like it and we won ears getting off the ride last summer!
7. My DD loves Mullholland but it is too jerky!
I like just walking around. We like the animation gallery and spend lots of time in there. It is pretty similar to the one in Hollywood Studios in Florida.
I look forward to the new land and some new rides but will be sad that some of the rides will be gone. :crying:

carolinakid
03-22-2008, 12:22 PM
The Cove Bar!!!!!

Wobble
03-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I personally only go to DCA for Soarin'. I have nothing against the rest of the park and I don't think DCA is a total "disaster" - it's just not a park I enjoy that much. I can see how some people would like it more than me and that's fine. :)

potterphreak
03-22-2008, 12:59 PM
1. Soarin'
2. GRR
3. ToT
4. Bug's Land (love this beautifully themed land and is so great for the 5 and under crowd)
5. Muppets 3D
6. Dinner with the Princesses
7. Paradise Pier at night

The only thing I think is REALLY REALLY wrong with DCA is the lack of shade. I have been to DCA during several different seasons and every season has been painfully hot for me. And the different months I have been are October, November, December, January, February, March, May, and July. So maybe the other 4 months aren't as hot, LOL.

ShirleyFilms
03-22-2008, 01:07 PM
PUSH!!!
(even tho he came from across the street)

Kids love the Challenge Trail.

Theming in Bugs Land is great, just wish there was an E ticket attraction there. Love "Its Tough To Be A Bug".

Grizzly River is great, even tho its not particularly Disney.

My 2 cents.

Donald Duck Fan68
03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
My favorites are:
1. TOT
2. Screamin
3. Grizzly River Run
4. Soarin'
5. The beer truck

I also like what's been done in the Hollywood pictures backlot. My kids like Monsters Inc. and Drawn to Animation. I also loved the show that used to be back there (DUH!). My kids also like Jumpin' Jellyfish, Muholland Madness, Soarin, the Redwood Creek challenge area and the Sun Wheel. We've also gone during times when the Electric Parade was there, and I'm glad my kids got to see it.

Personally, I like the park and look forward to the continued improvements.

MermaidHair
03-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I have not done everything there is to do in the park yet - most notably Bugs Land and Animation Studio. That being said, I love:

1. Screamin'
2. Soarin'
3. Eating at the Trattoria while watching ELP
4. Princess Dinner

I am also a fan of the big mural in HPB that looks pretty real from the right distance outside the gate. The first time I saw that I was fooled!

mstaft
03-22-2008, 02:30 PM
What's right? A Bit- and it's getting better!
Soarin' Over California, Monsters Inc., Tower of Terror, Screamin', Aladdin.

renodlandlover
03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
We love so much at DCA! In order, right now, would be:

1. Screamin'
2. TofT
3. Mullholland
4. Monster's Inc
5. Challenge Trail
6. Soarin'
7. Block Party Bash
8. Muppets 3D
9. Aladdin
10. Turtle Talk

Hee, hee! We like lots there :D We are also very excited about all the new changes to come!

Jennie

mistofviolets
03-22-2008, 03:53 PM
The front half :)

There are parts of the back half that are great, too, but...that front half is awesome, and the back half isn't what I'd travel overnight to go see, kwim?

Dd mentioned last night that its weird that a theme park dedicated to CA doesn't have a ride simulating the 1906 Earthquake. I think she's right! (Something Indy style, maybe?)

But...this is supposed to be what's right. :) Soarin; grizzly river run, Bugs land (it's the most Disney-worthy area there, actually, IMO) and most of Hollywood backlot. The backlot needs something to pull it together, but we've never been there when Monsters was open.

hapyg0luky
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
We love DCA! Our top 10

10. Muppet's 3D (Swedish Chef and Beaker what's not to love) :D
9. Turtle Talk
8. Bug's land (DS spends hours in the water play areas)
7. Electric Parade (my favorite parade)
6. Love chatting to Edna on Monster's Inc
5. Tough to be a bug (my 3 yr olds favorite)
4. ToT
3. Catch a Flave mmmm wan't some right now!
2. Soarin'
1. Alladin my DH & DS favorite :fez:

woody9six
03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Dd mentioned last night that its weird that a theme park dedicated to CA doesn't have a ride simulating the 1906 Earthquake. I think she's right! (Something Indy style, maybe?)

With all due respect...I am going to give that idea a thumbs down.

foolishmortal
03-22-2008, 06:47 PM
We love DCA!!!
1. Grizzly
2. mulholland
3. sorn'
4. jumping jelly's
5.it's tough to be a bug!
6. bug land (soo pretty and really cool to look up and see TOT! you really "feel" bug size)of course I'm 5'3 so I am bug size!;)
7.Test pilots grill yummy
the cut through at Grand CAlif.. ..... really miss the PP only gate!
Looking at DCA from PPH at night!
8. The beautiful tile work!!!
9. Kids can skip and jump without hitting anyone lots of ROOM.;)(as in wider areas)
10. Never a bad spot for the parades!!!:D
We love to get away from the DL crowds and stroll lazy like around the WIDE aves. The one thing that DL is lacking(wider area for people traffic/parade watching.) WE also love not having to dodge the trolly cars/etc. Just nice to take it easy in DCA!! OH and MR. potato parts!

Jon
03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
1. Soarin' Over California (although my girlfriend refers to it as "Snorin'", so I guess opinions vary)
2. Fresh, free flour tortillas at the Mission factory. "Maseca!"
3. GIGANTIC cinnamon buns for $3.75 from the sandwich shop on the wharf
4. A pint or two of India Pale Ale at the Cove Bar.
5. The Electrical Parade - as far as I'm concerned, the only Disney parade that has ever been worth watching.

There's other good stuff, too - I like California Screamin', the Tower of Terror, Grizzly Rapids, and Mulholland Madness - but those first five things are part of almost every visit.

The old man
03-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Here we go again.

curtsinore
03-23-2008, 07:41 AM
My girlfriend, 46 years old, never been to Disneyland, family didn't watch TV, found DCA to be more relaxing and enjoyable on our 07 visit then DL. She says that at DCA I breathe and am more relaxed then my whirlwind movement at DL. We are returning again this year, but only with more time at DCA in her schedule.

CV12Pirate
03-23-2008, 07:56 AM

With no due respect!

Are you aware of the fact that people DIED as a result of that Earthquake? You want to have fun with the fact that people were buried alive, crushed to death and burned to death.

How pathetic!

grimgrinningirl
03-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Everyone already mentioned my favorite rides (except the zephyr, it's a nice little ride that never has much of a line) so here are some other things I like about DCA:

Greetings From CA - I love getting treats here, better than the candy shop at DL

Taste Pilot's Grill - the ribs are yummy

Lots of space, even on busy days

Burger Invasion- just because it's something I know my kid will eat :)

foolishmortal
03-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Are you aware of the fact that people DIED as a result of that Earthquake? You want to have fun with the fact that people were buried alive, crushed to death and burned to death.

How pathetic!

They reserve that for Universal Studios/backdraft etc.

DD (9) says no more meanness.:mad:
She says she likes Arial's grotto:D
Goofy and max!
The big sun wheel
and going on Mulholland
she says she wants to see The new playhouse disney and ride the Toy story ride next time we go.

Back to what we LIKE about DCA thread please.

nursechrissy32
03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Easter breakfast poll:

Q: Favorite thing in DCA:

Sister: "It's tough to be a bug"

Husband: "BEER and california screaming" (Dear Lord :)

Daughter: "Screamin"

Son friend: "Soarin and Screamin"

Niece: "Screamin"

Son: "Screamin"

Me: "Light parade, TOT and the ambiance at night"

Thanks for helping us think of the positive side of such a negative subject :)

CV12Pirate
03-23-2008, 08:59 AM
So you're blasting me for what you call "meaness" when in REALITY all I did was point out a historical fact. The clue phone is ringing and history is on the line.

Donald Duck Fan68
03-23-2008, 10:08 AM
My girlfriend, 46 years old, never been to Disneyland, family didn't watch TV, found DCA to be more relaxing and enjoyable on our 07 visit then DL. She says that at DCA I breathe and am more relaxed then my whirlwind movement at DL. We are returning again this year, but only with more time at DCA in her schedule.

My wife and kids don't do that great in highly crowded situations, so we also find DCA a breath of fresh air when DL is too packed to move through. We like staying at the Grand California and being so close to a park that we can walk right into, get a few rides in, and take a break back at the pool within minutes. If we get too wet on Grizzly, we can just stroll back to the room and change clothes.