PDA

View Full Version : New Indiana Jones show in Adventureland?

Pages : [1] 2

Gone2Disneyland
03-21-2008, 07:32 AM
I just found this over at TheRaider.net (http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_miscellaneous.php?id=610) this morning. Any feedback on whether it's true or not?

A report from Brandon Kleyla from Indyfans the documentary on Disney looking for some adventurers. Take it away Brandon...
And Indy thought the Streets of Cairo were crowded, wait until he hits the streets of Adventureland! That's right folks, Dr. Jones will soon be wandering the streets of Disneyland's famous Adventureland. But that's not all, according the to Disneyland Casting website, there appears to be a show in the works.

Bytebear
03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I just found this over at TheRaider.net (http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_miscellaneous.php?id=610) this morning. Any feedback on whether it's true or not?

I can't imagine where they would have the room for a show, unless they get rid of Aladdin.

Niwel
03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Or they revamp the Festival of Fools arena.

olegc
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
there have been podcast and online discussions elsewhere that the "show" portion may be on the rooftops of Adventureland. Folks who don't care for shows will hate this because the masses in the crowded walkway will stop and gawk and make the passageway more crowded.

I wonder if the children's portion is different from show. Casting may call it one show for casting - but you're essentially on stage as a character in the parks, whether running across rooftops or in person in Aladdin's, er, Salah's oasis (note: my take on a new name, nothing official).

mstaft
03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Can't Wait!!!!

D15
03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
A friend actually emailed me about this earlier... from the Disneyland Auditions (http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyland/schedules/schedule_shows.html) page:

Indiana Jones™ Summer of Hidden Mysteries

Seeking Male and Female Actors for Indiana Jones' latest live-action adventure which immerses guests in a series of experiences that include solving mysteries, battling evil villains and uncovering ancient artifacts. For all roles stage combat experience is a plus but not necessary.

Role Descriptions:

Indiana Jones: Male, 40's; a rugged adventurer, great physical shape; can play drama, toss off comic lines and throw a punch – all with equal ability; must interact well with children.

Archaeologist: Female, late 20's–early 40's; English accent; starts out kind and helpful but eventually reveals a villainous side; will interact with children and lead them through a series of activities.

The Bad Guy: Male; imposing stature; physical agility and stamina a must; pursues Indiana Jones through the crowded streets of Adventureland, ending in a series of balcony and rooftop confrontations.

Requirements:

* Sides will be provided at sign in.
* Be prepared to learn a stage fight combination
* Bring a current headshot and resume
* Performers must be at least 18 years of age to audition

Entertainers for this show are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA).

Doesn't the bit about "through the crowded streets of Adventureland" just thrill you? :p

ETA: Just realized that the link that Gone2Disneyland posted initially has the same info that I quoted :fez:

Jon
03-22-2008, 01:52 AM
On the bright side, Adventureland couldn't possibly be more crowded than it already is. Between the strollers, picnicking families, aimless wanderers, and people who just suddenly stop walking without warning or reason (always right outside Indy and the Jungle Cruise), a show on the rooftops wouldn't slow things down in the least.

:)

Gone2Disneyland
03-22-2008, 07:07 AM
A friend actually emailed me about this earlier... from the Disneyland Auditions (http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyland/schedules/schedule_shows.html) page:

ETA: Just realized that the link that Gone2Disneyland posted initially has the same info that I quoted :fez:

Well, at least now we know the info's legit. I wasn't 100% sure when I first saw it on TheRaider.net. Thanks!

As for the comments about the crowded streets, I totally agree. I either avoid walking thru there during the summer or regret it when I "take a chance" and find myself slowly moving thru a sea of warm, cranky bodies. :p However, I have to admit adding Indy to Adventureland sounds like a great idea to enhance the (lack of) life there and is very timely. There's the Trash Can Trio in Tomorrowland, Princesses between the castle and Main Street, USA, Woody and Jessie around Frontierland, Captain Jack on the Island, music in NOS...Adventureland was lacking some lovin', eh. I hope they work out a safe and entertaining solution for us!! (Insert John Williams' "The Raiders March" theme here ;) )

Baloo
03-22-2008, 08:38 PM
there is a small stage over Jungle cruise queue. It would also be a random show and not necessaryly announced. So if you happen to be in the area you would get a chance to see a small and simple comedic stunt show

ChipmunkStar
03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Golly gee I sure hope it's as good as the Pirates Stunt Show was!

:gag:

dznyphreak
03-23-2008, 01:45 PM
True! I remember seeing that used for a steel drum band a few years ago. Sounds like it would work, but how does one do archaeology up there???

And, from personal observations, I would say that the rooftops on the north side would be difficult to use.

annieb727
03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
there have been podcast and online discussions elsewhere that the "show" portion may be on the rooftops of Adventureland. Folks who don't care for shows will hate this because the masses in the crowded walkway will stop and gawk and make the passageway more crowded.

The already overcrowded walkways...I think that's one of the worst areas to have to navigate anyway!

Lekta
03-23-2008, 04:59 PM
The more Indy, the better, in my eyes!

renodlandlover
03-23-2008, 06:22 PM

Role Descriptions:

Indiana Jones: Male, 40's; a rugged adventurer, great physical shape; can play drama, toss off comic lines and throw a punch – all with equal ability; must interact well with children.

Doesn't the bit about "through the crowded streets of Adventureland" just thrill you? :p

Hee, Hee! I sent this to my DH, who turned 40 last Dec, and he said "Heck, let's just move to LA for the summer - I'll apply! 40's, likes to hike, can run 5+ miles and do 100 pull ups, throws off quotes from Calvin and Hobbes, loves our kids! Fits the bill, don't you think! :D Course, he's a logistics professor, not an actor.....

Jennie

clockworkmonkey
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Logistically troublesome, maybe, but it sure sounds like it could be fun!

MadasaHatter
03-24-2008, 08:56 AM
I think it sounds cool if it is done right. I am a little POLLYANNA about it but I like the randomness of it and think that it may HELP the crowds as people DO indeed tend to mill around that area so if a show starts they may STOP and then you can negotiate around them. It does indeed sound like it is to be a bit random and that would be cool!!!!
Then again....I am mad....

Bytebear
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I was thinking if they closed the fruit stand next to Jungle cruise, they might be able to use that either as a stage, or as a viewing area. That store is really too big for the little merchandise they sell (which can be found in the other stores anyway).

Jim Dear and Darling
03-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I was thinking if they closed the fruit stand next to Jungle cruise, they might be able to use that either as a stage, or as a viewing area. That store is really too big for the little merchandise they sell (which can be found in the other stores anyway).

Gosh, that area is such a bottleneck already, I can't imagine if they put a show there too...

Niwel
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I blame the treehouse. :)

Matterhorn Yodeler
03-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Hee, Hee! I sent this to my DH, who turned 40 last Dec, and he said "Heck, let's just move to LA for the summer - I'll apply! 40's, likes to hike, can run 5+ miles and do 100 pull ups, throws off quotes from Calvin and Hobbes, loves our kids! Fits the bill, don't you think! :D Course, he's a logistics professor, not an actor.....

Jennie

Don't forget Jennie that Indy was a professor too! And as far as logistics is concerned, navigating the Adventureland highways and byways could use some of his expertise! He sounds like the perfect person to me!

renodlandlover
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
LOL!!!!!!! :D

Don't give me ideas....

Jennie;)

Heffalump
03-26-2008, 08:50 PM
The timing would be good with the movie coming out soon. I think it would be a fun show for us to see with the kids.

TheMaddieHatter
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I heard Aladdin's Oasis was closing. Maybe they're going to put it there.

dznyphreak
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I heard the same...let's say I have an "inside source." ;)

As in "inside Entertainment source."

percupgrl
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I say that is devestating news. Aladdin's Oasis is my favorite show at Disneyland!! It is a must-see (at least 2 times) when we go. Well, I'll make sure to see it as much as possible while I'm there in May! :(:crying::mad: