PDA

View Full Version : Another Motel?

Nancy
09-08-2002, 03:55 PM
I have read so much recently about several of the Disneyland area Motels, except for The Tropicana. I have found this one to be priced reasonably and is always clean. I've stayed at the Dessert Inn and Suites several times but I just don't like the tiny parking lot. The Tropicana is right nextdoor and has a large pool and a huge parking lot. They also have micros and refridgs and cont breakfast in the AM. Anyone else ever try this place?:cool:

Gemini Cricket
09-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Nancy
Anyone else ever try this place?:cool:
Here's a review by our beloved mammasilva! Click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrtropicanainnandsuites&find-lower-limit=21).

stinkerbell
09-08-2002, 05:02 PM
A friend of mine stayed at the Trop in Dec. She got two connecting rooms, with fridge, etc. and really like the cleanliness and size of it, for her family of five (two adults, a 10 year old, 8 year old and four year old). She said the service was good and was impressed with the amenities. I stayed next door at the Park Place Inn at the same time and liked it, too.

Did you find the Desert Inn to be clean? That's been a concern I'm having after reading some reviews. I have reservations there in Oct., so any extra info would be great! Thanks. :) I won't have a car and prob. won't be using the pool. I'm more concerned with the room itself. I saw the lobby last year and it was nice.

Nancy
09-09-2002, 10:44 AM
It has been over a year and a half since we have stayed there. The first few times I stayed at the Dessert Inn & Suites I felt it was clean. But the last two I wasn't impressed. The hot tub had so much mucky looking foam on it (I had no idea what it was, the friend with me said it comes from a dirty tub) and the last time we stayed there the floor near the bathroom in our room was wet, (perhaps an overflow problem?)so I haven't been back since. If you can help it just don't park in the under ground parking as it can be a pain to get out of there. Also try to get a room in the courtyard area, it makes it easier to unload the car and it has flowers, plants and is pretty. Have a great time!!:D