PDA

View Full Version : Nebulizer in DLR

redrhino
09-07-2002, 10:12 AM
We've got an athsmatic 6 month old who needs the use of a nebulizer (don't ask, just assume it is a small device necessary for giving certain types of medicine that needs to be plugged in) every so often.

Do any of you know where (if at all) in Disneyland would be appropriate for this sort of thing?

The worst case scenario would seem to be that I could always take him out to the parking garage and use the bathrooms there (don't they have outlets)?

Thanks much ....

Andrew
09-07-2002, 10:43 AM
My recollection is that the changing tables found in most of the larger Disneyland restrooms have electrical outlets nearby. You could also go to the Baby Care Center or Central First Aid, both on the East side of Main Street near the Plaza Inn restaurant--I'm sure either of those facilities would be able to help you.

tabacco
09-07-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm sure city hall would also be willing to help. Call them before your trip or go there as soon as you arrive and ask if they have any suggestions.

MammaSilva
09-07-2002, 02:39 PM
We have had excellent service/assistance at the first aide center for things like that :)

socabch
09-07-2002, 02:45 PM
The first aid center would be great to go to. The Nurses in there are wonderful. Once I went to get a band-aid for a blister and joked that I needed a nap because I didn't get much sleep the nite before. The Nurse "We have an open bed if you want to take a nap, just let us know. It's no problem." I thought WOW that's was not a service that I excepted to be offered.

teri
09-07-2002, 03:08 PM
First Aid, definitely.

You can store the meds and equipment there as well.

The nurses are wonderful! On occasion, characters come in if there are children in there.

Dezheaven
09-07-2002, 05:33 PM
The first aid does not have a nebulizer, we had to go back to our hotel and use ours. We did ask at first aid and were told all they have there is aspirin and ice.
If you take yours in, they might let you use it there.

Morrigoon
09-07-2002, 05:36 PM
That's what I'd do if I were you, bring it in and use it there, or at the baby center.

redrhino
09-07-2002, 08:59 PM
Okay ... I called the DLR and asked to speak to someone at first aid. The nurse I talked with said that they don't have a nebulizer on hand but they will gladly let us keep our nebulizer and meds there. They even have a treatment room for such things.

Thanks for the ideas!

Perhaps we'll see some of you tomorrow (depending on the
drive from San Luis Obispo ... in particular, when we leave
and traffic).

teri
09-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Have a wonderful time!