PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Disneyland

stevemo
06-21-2001, 04:51 PM
I've been reading a bunch of DCA posts where the DCA believers would say something like "Disneyland isn't perfect and never will be either..." That got me thinking, and I have to disagree. For me Disneyland was perfected upon the completion of the Fantasyland rehab in '83. Don't get me wrong, there have been pretty cool additions since (Indy, Star Tours, Splash Mountain) but in my opinion, had he not run short of funds in '55, Walt would have come up with something like the new Fantasyland, which I think perfected the the entire Disneyland experience.

When was Disneyland perfected for you? Was it the addition of a ride or new land (NOS, Bear Country, etc.) A land or ride rehab, a show?

Mr D
06-21-2001, 07:38 PM
When the sign was put up in Japan?:D

80S ERA
06-22-2001, 05:57 AM
At least someone is following the tradition across the Pacific!

It was "perfect" (or close to) during the time when they added Captain EO and Videoplolis. It wasn't due to those attractions, but the whole package offered. Of course im always bias toward the 80S ERA!

Today, its like visiting the ruins of an ancient civilization.:(

TecTalker2K
06-22-2001, 11:51 AM
Disneyland has never been nor never will be perfect. There will always be something soewhere that somone won't like. Perfection is too high a standard to force on anyone or anything.

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 11:54 AM
The perfect Disneyland is a painted Disneyland. [Well, in it's current condition] [and remove Innoventions] [and bring back Circle-Vision] ;)

Fan of the Mouse
12-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I think the perfect Disneyland was before they added the "New" Tomorrowland. Everything else with Disneyland is as close to perfect as one could hope to get.

QueenAlisha
12-27-2004, 01:52 PM
The Perfect Disneyland whould be one where everyone has fun.

tink1234
12-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Okay...um...don't hate me for saying this, but I think when they added DCA. Now DLR has so much for everyone. (Not, that it didn't before!) Now, I am not from CA, but for me it gives me the flavor of CA when I am not able to see and do everything. I live in OK and most of my trips are spent at families houses or at Disney. :) I love all things Disney and DCA is not DL, but then again, it never claimed to be!

tarzansgirl
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
"The Perfect Disneyland whould be one where everyone has fun."

Amen to that! For me if I am having fun, which is always at Disneyland, then things are right the way they are.

mystycalchyk
12-27-2004, 03:17 PM
:eek: good grief what a bump. 2001???

To put it into perspective...when this thread was last posted in (before today) the Twin towers were still standing :(

Uncle Remus
12-27-2004, 03:47 PM
why did this come back... i never look at articles past today and yesterday.