PDA

View Full Version : DL response to a Bears Plea

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 04:19 PM
I sent an e-mail to Cynthia Harris & Paul Pressler re: saving the Country Bears. I suggested keeping one of the theatres open for the Bears & having Pooh in the other one. Another suggestion was to move Bears to DCA.
The response I got was a hand-signed snail mail from Kathleen Tooch (Senior Legal Assistant) saying that they could not review nor consider my suggestions because it was unsolicited. Meaning, they could not even forward my letter past their legal dept.
My love for the Bears got me tangled in legal mumbo jumbo! It seemed strange...

JeffG
06-21-2001, 04:48 PM
That is standard procedure within the entertainment industry. Lawsuits where people claim to have come up with some idea that a company implements are just too common. As a result, they have little choice but to respond to any unsolicited suggestion with a legalize reply essentially saying that the suggestion wasn't read.

-Jeff

Mr D
06-21-2001, 07:19 PM
It was probably read but not acknowledged because if they do then that can be misinterpreted as acceptance of an idea outside normal channels and prone to legal conflicts, ask a lawyer:rolleyes:And besides Jeff is right about that.