PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Questions [Segway Tours and Laughing Stock]

Franz
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I just booked a disney vacation for April 5-9 Yay!! Our last jouney to the magic was winter 2006 and one of the things my DS loved was sitting in Frontierland watching the 3-part melodrama outside of the Golden Horshoe. Does anybody know if they still do that, and if so is it every day, or just weekends?

Also we have heard something about a Segway experience in Cal Adventure. Does anybody know how or when we can sign up for that? Is it only open to guests of the Grand Californian? (we're staying across the street at the Tropicana)

I can't tell you how excited I am. This trip was kind of a last minute decision and I've decided not to tell my boy about it at all. I'll just wake him up the first day of Spring break and say "get up and get in the car - We're going to Disneyland". Can't wait to see the expression on his face.

splash
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I know the segway tour is open to all and its at California Adventure. There is an age requirement of 16 or older to participate.

Franz
03-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Darn! my son is only 11. He really wanted to try the Segway. Oh ,well something to look forward to when he gets older I guess. Thanks for the info.

dawnid
03-20-2008, 12:02 PM
They still do a skit in front of the Golden Horseshoe, I'm not sure if it is the same as 06 but it was something about marrying his daughter.

The Evil Queen
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I think that skit is called "Laughing Stock". It doesn't run everyday, but I'm pretty sure it runs during the week. Like Tuesday/Wednesday or something like that. Be sure to check the board on Main Street or maybe at the Golden Horseshoe. The times should be posted there...

Have fun! We like that show, too!

Niwel
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I usually see Laughing Stock on the weekends (the times are in the schedules at the main entrance).

Check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=71459) for more in the Segway tour. :)

Franz
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks guys! I didn't know the name of the show, but that sounds like the same thing. My son loved it (and the Chimichanga's he downed waiting for the next act!) I didn't realize the showtimes were posted in the park. We'll look for the times when we enter in the mornings.

BTW, I realize that its not winter anymore, so i presume no snow at the end of the fireworks, but is there something like the snow for the finale??? (bubbles, pixie dust, etc.?) just curious -

dawnid
03-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Nope, just the waving flash lights and two finger point to keep moving.

adriennek
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll drink to that!

Adrienne

Andrew
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll drink to that!

That Sally Mae is a fine-lookin' filly!

Malcon10t
03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I think a few of us have seen that show too many times (or maybe participated too many times!!!

Escape Artist participated when he was around 10yo. He was the one Sally Mae picked to marry during the "Dating Game" skit. He loved it, and still does. We can be anywhere in the park, and he will suddenly bolt with a "I'll be at Golden Horseshoe!" Thats how we know when it starts.