PDA

View Full Version : Hmh Oogie Boogie Walk

dorkdujour
09-05-2002, 01:54 PM
anyone know what this is? it's on the 19th of Oct. i called everywhere at disney & no one knew.

x

Ghoulish Delight
09-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Where did you see this? And at what time? It better not interfere with the potluck! Whatever it is, there will be a grip of MPers there to witness it.

Andrew
09-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Whatever it is, there will be a grip of MPers there to witness it.

Is "a grip" the correct term for a group of MousePadders? I like that.

Not Afraid
09-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

Sure!

A Murder of Crows
A Gaggle of Geese
A Grip om Mouspadders
It all makes sense.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-05-2002, 02:22 PM
A pod of whales
A murder of crows
A pride of lions
A grip of MousePadders

Works for me! :D
I move (or second it if Andrew's comment was a "move") we officially adopt that term.

And yes, I'm eager to see what Oogie Boogie's Walk is.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-05-2002, 02:24 PM
:D :D :D
How funny, we both chose "murder of crows"!

Not Afraid
09-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Jinx

Although, there are times, that a GRIPE of Mousepadders would be more appripriate.

Bill Catherall
09-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Although, there are times, that a GRIPE of Mousepadders would be more appripriate.
I thought that was a grouping of Al bashers.

Not Afraid
09-05-2002, 02:37 PM
No, THAT should be the "Griping".

If gripers gripe about a griper does that cancel all of the griping out?

Ghoulish Delight
09-05-2002, 02:49 PM
You all need to get a grip :eek: :p

Cadaverous Pallor
09-05-2002, 03:00 PM
<grabs thread by the collar and wrestles it to the ground>

Ok, let's answer poor dorkdujour's question, eh?

Here's the link AVP provided a while ago.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/event_disneyland348.html

This is the only mention I've seen of the Oogie Boogie Ghost Walk anywhere. No one knows what it is.

If anyone can dig anything up, let us know!

BTW, I think a grip of Padders works just fine. :)

Cadaverous Pallor
09-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Oh, and I just noticed that this link is a "Pin Events" page. I hope it's more than some lame you-get-to-spend-money "event".

cstephens
09-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

But then y'all would have to join the union for grips and carry around electrical equipment...

dorkdujour
09-05-2002, 03:39 PM
well. so no one knows. but at least we got "grip" down.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Ya know Cadaverous, I think you may be on to something. I wonder if the Oogie Boogie Walk will be some kind of pin hunt. I forget what they're called, but the kind of thing where you get a card stamped at several different locations throughout the park and if you get all of them you're "eligible" to buy a special pin...?

justagrrl
09-06-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
...get a card stamped at several different locations throughout the park and if you get all of them you're "eligible" to buy a special pin...?

IMHO, Lame! Eligible to buy it? How about I go all over, get it stamped, and then I get a FREE pin. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Kevin Yee
09-06-2002, 06:05 AM
Maybe... just Maybe it's a pay-to-play event

... of a Walkthru of the attraction?

cstephens
09-06-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
How about I go all over, get it stamped, and then I get a FREE pin. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

That happened about a month ago.

cstephens
09-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Oh, and it happened again on Sunday.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Yes, justagrrl's dream came true. Yesterday they had the Where's Mickey thing where you got free pins. :rolleyes: Woohoo, a pin in the shape of a mickey head with a question mark in it. BFD. :sleep:

Ahem, Disney execs? If you took the obviously cool-sounding name "Oogie Boogie's Ghost Walk" and slapped it on lame "walk around and get a pin" event, you've disappointed me once again.

Unless
1) the pin is really, really cool, and
2) the pin is free.

cstephens
10-29-2002, 04:34 PM
They've posted information about this pin promotion, which is being held on November 23. Go to the official site (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/event_disneyland736.html) for more information.

Dexter
10-29-2002, 07:20 PM
I just noticed that they posted information about Oogie Boogies ghost walk, as referenced above.

My best friend has charged me with keeping abreast of the goings on at the resort :) in the event something cool should happen at the park.

The soundsation pin event thingy was, well for lack of a better term LAME. If anyone else was there, please correct me if I'm wrong, you picked up a map at the fire house, walked around to 3 (?) locations in the park got stamps and got this little tiny pin, which was cute...but stupid. I think I had such a bad memory of it because that was when the premier shop opened and there was a 4 hour line to get in to purchase pins, or maybe it was just a 4 hour line for the soundsation pins, don't quite remember. At any rate, it was the "congratulations on getting your stamps! Have this pin, a coupon for a free dessert at Carnation Cafe and feel free to wait in our 4 hour line to purchase your pins." We passed and later found we could still buy all the pins that next week!:eek:

I unfortunately had duty the day of the Where's Mickey pin event so i don't know if it was any better.

I have a fear that Oogie Boogies ghost walk, while it sounds really cool. Is just another, here have a map, walk around the park, and buy 6 pins @ 10.50 to 12.50 each. :o

Don't get me wrong I'm actually an all around Disney nut (my co-workers think it's odd that I go there every Friday night for dinner with my friends.) I just hope this is..... better than the soundsation event. (cough no4hourline cough) So I've given my two cents worth.