PDA

View Full Version : Main Street front porch rehab?

kranders
09-05-2002, 01:25 PM
I have a favorite place to people watch on main street while my wife visits the shops on Main Street. It's a front porch with 2 chairs and a couch on it. It's on the right side as you face the hub just past the Shadow Portrait Studio.

The last time I was there (8/24&25) it had a wooden wall erected around it. Does anyone know what they are doing there? Is the wall still up?

Thanks

rexfarms
09-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Painting I believe. I like it when they paint, but when they do it in front of guest and leave the evidence around, it kinda ticks me off. But it is good to paint. sigh I dont know what I want. lol :confused: They were painting lots of Main Street sidewalks and porches. They had the entrance blocked off of the clothing store for a while.

Techie7
09-05-2002, 06:26 PM
It is more then just painting. On my last trip they had lumber out and were running power tools behind the wall. My guess would be that they were replacing the deck (It too has probably been neglected for a while) I could be wrong though. Construction is taking place though!

rexfarms
09-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Yeah your right, they were doing a lot behind Rod's Piano. They painted it an ugly color that really didnt go with Coke Corner. At least they are painting. :) :confused: