PDA

View Full Version : What's behind the Victorian houses in DCA?

hifi
03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I tried searching for this, couldn't find it/figure it out. I was peeking through the door crack on the far left house (closest to the water ride, across from the "Palace of Fine Arts" building) and saw a large blue screen, lots of wires, and what looked like wood furniture stacked up. The lights were on.

Is this a production studio/set within DCA? Or is this something else completely different like a repair facility? Thanks!

dawnid
03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I think for now they are used for storage. At one time, a long time ago, there were video games in the "house" at the end across from Golden Dreams. I remember my son won some sort of game in one of the machines.

renodlandlover
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe I read (here? AP newsletter?) that they will be putting a display in there about the changes to come in DCA for park-goers to see. Should be interesting!

Jennie

MermaidHair
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I believe I read (here? AP newsletter?) that they will be putting a display in there about the changes to come in DCA for park-goers to see.

An update to that is that they will be moving the restrooms from across the way into the Victorian Houses. This will allow the restrooms to be taken over to make more room for the Little Mermaid ride. If I remember correctly, they still want to put in a DCA preview center somewhere but they have not decided where to put it yet.

bradk
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
not seasons of the vine?

Baloo
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
The victorian houses next to Golden dreams are the r stroom facilities. those building will be gutted and basically be torned out.

The area now occupied by the theater, restrooms, outside queue and part of the backstage area of the theater will be rebuilt and turned into the Little Mermaid attraction. The rotunda will stay but will get a new color scheme and added detail to match the many rotundas of the soon to built attraction.

The restrooms will then be moved to the victorian buildings on the other side of the street. Those will now become a slightly larger restroom facility. Once done they will be rethemed so that they match the new architecture of the attraction across the way.

Behind those building is a staging area/backstage facility with electrical equipment for the vinyard.

The preview center at the moment that at first was going to be put inside those buildings is now scheduled to take over the "season of the vine" movie attraction that is located near the patio area of the vineyard room.

Basically, the golden dreams theater area and everything else surrounding the bay will become the pier (some things ill stay during the first phase but are schedule to be changed during the second phase and future expansion). Gone will be the route 66 and San Francisco buildings.

There are very early and possible plans for the Warf to eventually be turned into an area representing San Francisco. If that happens it would be sometime during the second phase of enhancements

AVP
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
The preview center at the moment that at first was going to be put inside those buildings is now scheduled to take over the "season of the vine" movie attraction that is located near the patio area of the vineyard room. Seasons of the Vine is scheduled to close for good on March 30.

Drince88
03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Seasons of the Vine is scheduled to close for good on March 30.

Do they still have the wine tasting at the end of that - or did that go away after the first year?