PDA

View Full Version : Winnie the Pooh

Lacrosse Boy
06-21-2001, 01:44 PM
I think that instead of Critter Country Winnie the Pooh belongs in Fantasyland. It doesn't even have to replace one of the dark rides! It should be an outdoor attraction, in the old motorboat lagoon. The tracks are still there, what would be needed are "hunny" pots and outdoor AA figureds. this would work quite well, don't you think?

KevAct1
06-21-2001, 01:53 PM
While I can see Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland, I think it makes perfect sense in Critter Country. I mean, CC already has a Pooh store and a Pooh Meet-and-Greet, it's about time Pooh got a ride. While I will be sad to see Country Bear go, I am excited to see what Pooh will be like.

Largent81
06-21-2001, 02:16 PM
I hink pooh will work ok, (but not great) in critter country. I just wish we could have both the bears and pooh!:(

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-21-2001, 02:33 PM
I think it's silly to replace a classic when there's room elsewhere.

Napsto
06-21-2001, 03:17 PM
i am for pooh. let's go pooh baby!

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 03:58 PM
Rumor has it the new Pooh ride will be like the one in WDW at the Magic Kingdom but less detailed w/ a smaller budget. If it is, it won't be spectacular at all. The WDW Pooh ride is dull, even for kids. The characters are barely animatronic and the backdrops are painted flats not at all 3 dimensional. The line is hardly themed, again flats painted like pages in a Pooh book.
If the DL Pooh was like the Tokyo DL ride, now that would be something to talk about.

lillas
06-21-2001, 04:01 PM
I've always felt that critter/ bear country has been the weakest land in the park (until toon town) It's a poorly concieved idea from the start. The theme of "critters" seems to have fit just fine in FL. My question is- what "land" would you add to the park if given a chance?

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 04:09 PM
NeverLand from Peter Pan.

oregonzooron
06-21-2001, 08:47 PM
I believe Critter Country would be better served themed toward Song of the South or even True Life adventures. (Wasn't SOTS the ariginal theme?) Pooh targets a much younger audience, making Splash Mountain seem a bit out of place.

I think the glut of Pooh merchandise has skewed the theming of the area more than anything.

Morrigoon
06-21-2001, 10:21 PM
Critter Country was originally Bear Country. And I agree, I'm sick to death of Pooh merch. Even when it's cute I don't buy it because I'm so SICK of it!

For those who want the Pooh ride: they could easily put it in the Motor Boat Lagoon, half the attraction already having been built (ie: canals w/submerged track and queue area), and there's room to either build a store, or retheme the matterhorn souvie stand (take out or build on a section of the Light Magic viewing area for a new store. Perhaps add a balcony for prime parade viewing and dessert buffet (good location= people willing to pay). Given all those circumstances, it would be foolish to close one ride, to build another from scratch (one which would be build very cheaply, I might add!). Why would you advocate losing an attraction? Haven't we lost enough attractions? Pooh should be in ADDITION to the existing # of attractions. Ah, but that would make too much sense....

(sigh) But they never ask me....