PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone created their own mouse ears yet?

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyJenn
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I just remembered that they are offering it for the 1st time -- Just wondering it anyone has done it yet.. Do they have a lot of options? Is the pricing comparable to the 'pre-built' ears? What did you think overall?

For those who haven't heard yet:

Create Your Own Mickey Ears and Get An "Ear-Full" of Fun!

For the first time in Disney history, you have the opportunity to create your own Mickey ears hat. Just follow these four fun steps:

Find an ear hat base.
Select your desired ears.
Accessorize your hat.
Get your name embroidered on the back.

Bytebear
03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Sounds like they are learning from Build-a-Bear. I am sure accessories are extra.

houseofmouse
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I want to do that!!:)

AVP
03-17-2008, 12:50 PM
The last I heard was that this has been delayed indefinitely. I believe WDW is getting their version later this month, and DLR is waiting to learn from their mistakes.

AVP

SANDYMARIE
03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
How cool!!!! This would be a MUST for us!

TTFN :)

KJSJpipe
03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
The last I heard was that this has been delayed indefinitely. I believe WDW is getting their version later this month, and DLR is waiting to learn from their mistakes.

AVP

Do you have the info for WDW? I would like to check it out in May when we are there.

oohykitten
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
We have an ear collection, that could be harmful to our pocket book!

bradk
03-17-2008, 05:40 PM
you can have any ear color as long as it's black

splash
03-18-2008, 06:32 AM
I read on an update somewhere that DLR was going to start doing this during the summer. I will check it out in May when we are there to see if it is happening. Seems like a good idea to me!!

Nonamia
03-18-2008, 08:37 AM
In the AP newsletter it had announced that it was coming out in the "Spring" but now it says at http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlr_createyourownearhat.html it'll be happening this Summer! :)

MadasaHatter
03-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Me and my sister started getting ears as a tradition. We are aslo very picky and we are not against bringing our pre bought ears in!!! We started with the GOLDEN 50th ears because.....how could you not commemorate that???? Little did we know, a tradition was born!

Then we went at XMAS and got the antler ears....kind of weird but we took to them....then there was the big PIRATE re-do and we loved those ears.

Then we showed up to DLAND with Mom and Dad and we did NOT like the YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS but we still had not purchased the CLASSIC BLACKS so of course I snuck in early and got 4 with our names on them.....lots of pics taken that trip and I am NOW looking at a framed snapshot of all four of us outside MR. TOAD in a car.

THEN we went back at XMAS and got the red santa like ones VERRRRRRRRY cool!

Oh and somewhere in there we went at Hallowe'en (always my favorite holiday) and sis got JACK SKELLINGTON and I got PUMPKIN MICKEY.

Recently I just told my sis that there are no more ears that I liked and now I hear this.....it's going to get ugly!!!!!! It is a great souvenir, as you buy it and wear it around the park. I am anti clutter these days and even though the ears are building up here....they are very light and easily tucked away. Plus eventually I can have a Mickey party and make everyone wear ears!!!!! Of course I am mad....and YES if anyone was wondering I do have the giant MAD HATTER HAT.....

MrsGrumpy
03-18-2008, 02:40 PM
This sounds so cool! :cool:

Does anyone have any pictures they can post?

AVP
03-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Does anyone have any pictures they can post?No, because it hasn't started yet.

AVP

olegc
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I guess this is a preview of what we will get...

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-591.asp

Heffalump
03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't know how I like this idea. I kind of like to just pick them up as is and not have to think about it too much!

cookie7762
03-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I love the pictures! I REALLY hope they bring this to DL... I want one soooo bad!

AVP
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
I love the pictures! I REALLY hope they bring this to DL... I want one soooo bad!I asked today, and the answer was "early summer, or hopefully sooner."

AVP

TTFN92
03-21-2008, 08:51 PM
When we were at WDW last year they also had a make your own pirate hat. I don't know if they had/have it at DL or not. Luckily my boys didn't have any interest in it. The ears could be cute but they could also come out looking really tacky. I also didn't like how at WDW you have to pay about $6 for a name. They don't have the standard name, just the fancy embroidery. But the plus side to it is that you can get a name on the fancy hats too.

potterphreak
03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh wow, I am loving the hat with the castle on the hat and fireworks on the ears!!!

MrsGrumpy
03-26-2008, 02:27 PM

Does anyone have any pictures they can post?

I guess this is a preview of what we will get...

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-591.asp

Thanks!!!
That's what I was talking about...some kind of sneak preview.

We have never ever bought Mickey Ears before...

this will be a WDW must do on our next trip! :)

TTFN92
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
We have never ever bought Mickey Ears before...

Wow! :eek:

UsBurchs
03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
OH! If anything, I'd like to buy the patches to put on other stuff - I wonder if they'll let you do that? We'll see. I totally love the idea of a castle on the beanie and fireworks ears!! Great idea - I'm kinda looking forward to this. We've got a set of Disneyland ears, Walt Disney World ears and my son has golden 50th ears and Jack Sparrow ears . . . this will be kind of fun to get something different.

UsBurchs
03-30-2008, 01:31 PM
you can have any ear color as long as it's black

Who are you? Henry Ford? ;)

bradk
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM
indeed. so i had the chance to see this in action at WDW this past weekend.

you can see my pics of it starting at http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/4628289_2GH8m#273102405

TTFN92
04-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Those look like a lot of fun. I would like all of us to do that when we go in Nov. I DON'T like the ones with a bunch of patches on them. I think one is enough. The pink fur is cute, but I still like the ones with fireworks on them with the castle in the front. :p