PDA

View Full Version : Circle-Vision

Lacrosse Boy
06-21-2001, 01:14 PM
As long as the building is not being used for the Rocket Rods Queue, I believe that they should be putting in a Circle-Vision movie, at least as a temporary replacement. What does everybody else think about this? And what would you put in it, or would you have something new and cool? I would put in The Timekeeper! I just love it! Of course, Tom Morrow would have to be moved out of Innoventions and be replaced with another Tom Morrow.

SimpTwister
06-21-2001, 02:03 PM
I agree. Disneyland should always have a CircleVision in some form.

It's almost as much a part of the Disneyland experience as the Castle and the Jungle Cruise.

Timekeeper, America the Beautiful, something new, any version is fine, as long as it's there...

Napsto
06-21-2001, 03:18 PM
be careful before you know it, it might be a merchandise store

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 04:06 PM
A cool idea for Circlevision would be a 360 animated film of some sort. ie. Buzz Lightyear etc.. That would be something they haven't done... I think.
Or an attraction like Cramium Command at WDW. That would special too.
I know... Alien Encounter!
I'm rambling...

lillas
06-21-2001, 04:17 PM
It should be a patriotic show. I remember getting a little choked up with America the Beautiful... come on you know you did too. If you didn't I have one question "are you now or have you ever been a communist?"

Mandrake Linux
06-21-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
be careful before you know it, it might be a merchandise store

You know..... if we wait just A LITTLE BIT LONGER I'd say the whole park itself will be for sale. Maybe then we can all put in some money and just buy the whole thing!

-ACDC who thinks Red Bull is absolutely delicious.

80S ERA
06-22-2001, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by mvshs2001
I would put in The Timekeeper! I just love it! Of course, Tom Morrow would have to be moved out of Innoventions and be replaced with another Tom Morrow.

Its pretty sad that the Rods/Peoplemover tracks have been abandoned in plain sight for....almost a year now? It is obvious that Disney really doesn't care anymore.

Think about a visitor that has visited the park 3 times in the last year. Most likely the visitor went on a day the Rods were down the 1st visit, and the other 2 days they ran into signs that read,"Re-opening Spring 2001" or "Sorry, Rocket Rods is closed."

It would be very easy and C-H-E-A-P to just put back in American Journeys, America the Beautiful, or even Timekeeper. The soundtrack could be updated to be digitally mastered. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority could be on the Rods track, since they are pretty much Peoplemover cars without the tops. Besides, I really thought they added to the overall Disneyland experience. Anything but just having the building and track just sitting there!

gppnj
06-22-2001, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy

You know..... if we wait just A LITTLE BIT LONGER I'd say the whole park itself will be for sale. Maybe then we can all put in some money and just buy the whole thing!

-ACDC who thinks Red Bull is absolutely delicious.

Disney is a publicly owned company, so it is for sale - just buy up all the shares. How much money do you have?

Lacrosse Boy
06-23-2001, 06:10 PM
Paul Pressler publicly announced that he hated the Timekeeper. Maybe that is why it closed at WDW . . . :confused:

Morrigoon
06-23-2001, 10:52 PM
It would be very easy and C-H-E-A-P to just put back in American Journeys, America the Beautiful, or even Timekeeper.

Ah... but you see that would require LOGIC and GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. Kind of like wondering why they'd take out the bears when Motor Boat Cruise is perfect for a Pooh ride. America the Beautiful exists, the theatre still has the projection and the screens, all they have to do is send in a cm to pull out the stanchions, pop a couple benches in along the walls and VOILA! they've added an attraction back in. It would take NOTHING to accomplish that. And international visitors kind of liked visiting an attraction about the country they were visiting (America Sings, anyone?). What's more, Circlevision is one of those attractions that were great on a hot, crowded summer day. You went in, in the dark and cool, and 20 minutes later emerged refreshed and ready to go again. I'd like to see them adding some backless couch/benches like they used to have in the exit lobby to the theatre. Partly b/c I would prefer to sit during the film (with backless benches you could still turn around to your heart's content), and partly, because it would make it easier for the disabled or kids to see over everyone else. Mostly because I like to sit ;)

But seriously, the attraction costs like what, almost nothing to impliment and run? One CM to push the button and announce. Two on a good day. The theatres's there, the films exist. There's no reason for them NOT to do it except they're stupid.

ODV CM
06-24-2001, 11:32 AM
Actually, I worked on the Churro wagon right in front of Circle Vision shortly before it closed, and I can assure you, nobody except for the occasional Japanese tourist group went in there. Out of at least ten shows a day, only about three or four had anybody attending. And a lot of that was just to beat the heat. So there would be no reason to put an attraction back in there that no one likes. And I agree with Disney that its a bad idea to put in another attraction just for the sake of having one. Why not leave it open for people to walk through? I thought the line for the Rocket Rods was more interesting than the ride itesel anyway...

JRob2k1
06-24-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by mvshs2001
Paul Pressler publicly announced that he hated the Timekeeper. Maybe that is why it closed at WDW . . . :confused:

Yeah i never understood that one. I thought it was a great attraction. They took an ok attraction(circle-vision), added an AA, with Robin Williams voice, and made a fun attraction that was great to get out of the heat. It couldnt have been that expensive to maintain, was it?

You put that in the circle-vision theater and then i would put the entrance and que to whatever goes onto the people-mover track, on the upper portion of Starcade.

It could work right?

-JRob