PDA

View Full Version : Evening crowds during week?

justagrrl
09-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of crowds to expect midweek in the evenings at Disneyland right now? I know that Autopia is always crowded - but is it back to how it was pre-summer in the evenings? Where, for many of the rides, we can nearly walk on or only wait breifly?

Or are we still getting heavier crowds?

Living so close, I'd like to take the kids over for a couple hours in the evening, around 5:30 p.m. or so, and just want to get an idea of what to expect. Things like Splash, Fantasyland Dark rides, pirates, small world...well...pretty much everywhere but Indie I guess. :rolleyes: :D

Also, what about Friday nights right now? (now that school is back in session)

EandCDad
09-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Went last night. Got to the park about 5:45. It was very uncrowded. Pirates looked like a walk on. I didn't go into Fantasyland but it was pretty deserted in general.

IndianaJenn
09-04-2002, 02:35 PM
I was there Tuesday night about 5:00. Walked right on to Space Mountain and the Monorail. Even with Matterhorn and Mansion closed, it wasn't bad at all!

SteveSatch
09-04-2002, 08:19 PM
What do you think weekends will look like now? I guess Sat will be crowded but hopefully Sundays will be OK. We just got new passes recently after 18 months or so without them. I've been waiting fo school to kick in and I'm hoping to visit several times a month on weekends between now and Thanksgiving. We used to live close and had no kids so it was easy to go and no big deal to leave if crowded. Now I only want to go if it won't be too crowded.

Laffite
09-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by IndianaJenn
I was there Tuesday night about 5:00. Walked right on to Space Mountain and the Monorail. Even with Matterhorn and Mansion closed, it wasn't bad at all!

Matterhorn is closed? :crying: :eek: :crying:

DLfreak
09-04-2002, 11:16 PM
Yeah, Matterhorn is being refurbed right now.

I just got back tonight, and it was not crowded at all! :)
The longest we waited was about 10 minutes for Soarin and about that for Big Thunder.

We walked right onto Grizzly River, Pirates, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Roger Rabbit and then Big Thunder again right before closing. It was great.
Walking through Fantasyland...everything was pretty dead. Peter Pan had the longest line....but even that was probably only about 20 minutes.