PDA

View Full Version : The Matterhorn will never be the same

Darkbeer
09-04-2002, 09:42 AM
I was at the park yesterday afternoon for a hour or so...

What I saw...

Haunted Mansion fences already draped in Green.

Working on trees (fences up) next to the Golden Horseshoe.

Fences up at Casey Jr. and Storybook Land.

Scaffolding still up at the iasw facade.

Major fencing at the Matterhorn, they have blocked off all the area that was the queue when they had the "new" queue area.

But they had the "Semicircle" out and major Pink Spray paint on the "rock"work, saying where to remove to "improve" the safety factor and remove the "rock" to allow a large safety zone between the track/train and the mountain.

I rode with Disney Magic (aka Skipper Heather) Monday Night, and she made the comment about how close the "rock" was, well, no more!!!!!

teri
09-04-2002, 10:13 AM
...as long as they are done by November 1..... :cool:

Darkbeer
09-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Teri, the Matterhorn won't be done until at least December 11th...

Of course the Haunted Mansion will open up on October 4th as the Holiday version.

Casey Jr. and Storybook Land should come out of rehab in mid October.

And the iasw facade work should be done by the end of October.

teri
09-04-2002, 03:50 PM
ah, shoot... :::sigh::: I love riding the left side of the Matterhorn at night. Oh well!

mousey_girl
09-04-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Teri, the Matterhorn won't be done until at least December 11th...

Of course the Haunted Mansion will open up on October 4th as the Holiday version.

Casey Jr. and Storybook Land should come out of rehab in mid October.

And the iasw facade work should be done by the end of October.

Just curious, but where do you get the Dec 11th for Matterhorn?

Darkbeer
09-04-2002, 07:32 PM
From multiple CM's.......

And, yes, the current CM reference guide is wrong.....

You can search the Disney.com site if you know how to change the dates in web address.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=12&StartDay=05&StartYear=2002&Stay=10&DCA=DCA&DLP=DLP&DTD=DTD&DRH=DRH&submit.x=46&submit.y=10

So here it is in print....

papajorgio
09-05-2002, 04:24 AM
I was at the park yesterday afternoon for a hour or so...
What I saw...
Haunted Mansion fences already draped in Green.
Working on trees (fences up) next to the Golden Horseshoe.
Fences up at Casey Jr. and Storybook Land.
Scaffolding still up at the iasw facade.
Major fencing at the Matterhorn, they have blocked off all the area that was the queue when they had the "new" queue area.
But they had the "Semicircle" out and major Pink Spray paint on the "rock"work, saying where to remove to "improve" the safety factor and remove the "rock" to allow a large safety zone between the track/train and the mountain.
I rode with Disney Magic (aka Skipper Heather) Monday Night, and she made the comment about how close the "rock" was, well, no more!!!!!

i guess thats why they call it 'off' season...

mousey_girl
09-05-2002, 07:15 AM
From multiple CM's.......

And, yes, the current CM reference guide is wrong.....

You can search the Disney.com site if you know how to change the dates in web address.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=12&StartDay=05&StartYear=2002&Stay=10&DCA=DCA&DLP=DLP&DTD=DTD&DRH=DRH&submit.x=46&submit.y=10

So here it is in print....

Thank you, I wasn't doubting you, just wanted to know how you found out. This is one of The Boy's favorite rides (but then he likes just about everything), and we will be there from Dec 4th - 7th. No Biggy, He will be thrilled to ride Screamin' this year. He may notice it isn't running, but not to the point of being overly upset.