PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to these boards - A few questions

tzuhouse
03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi all! Just found these boards tonight. We have been to WDW twice, totally 25 nights. We are now going to DLR in January. We'll be traveling to several places in CA and ending the trip with 3 nights at the Candy Cane Inn and going to DL and DCA before we fly home.

From reading a little on these boards, I'm thrilled to see that Turtle Talk is in CA. Had no idea and it's a family favorite.

A few questions - I saw that there is a character breakfast at DL. We usually have breakfast at the Crystal Palace at 8:05am and the MK park opens at 9:00am. I believe that DL has a much earlier opening time, but wasn't sure that would be true on a Monday at the end of January. Will we be able to have reservations an hour before the official opening or will that not matter due to some sort of Early Magic Hour they may have?

If you have eaten at both, will we enjoy that breakfast as much as we love the CP?

My biggest concern is that I know a lot of refurbs will go on during the low times, including when we are there. The favorite rides are Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Anyone know is these have been refurbed recently or do you think they might come up in January? It would be devastating if either was down during the trip. The rest we can deal with. Space Mountain is particularly crucial because my 6.5 year old has never ridden the one at WDW, but will ride it at DL because it has the side by side seats. I'm hoping he'll get over the fear of the unknown and be willing to do the MK SM on future Florida trips.

Guess that's all for now. I'll start trying to read all these boards ASAP so I won't have to ask so many questions that I'm sure you've answered a million times before.

FYI - We'll be at DLR, arriving late Sunday, 1/25 and doing DL on Monday, DCA on Tuesday and the favorites on Wed. before hopping a plane home. Prior to that we will have done 2 nights at Yosemite, 2 nights in San Francisco, Monterey, Ventura, 2 whale watches, etc. so we'll be well into vacation mode by the time we arrive on property.

Mary

Drince88
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Please use this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=94583)to reply