PDA

View Full Version : DL - Premiere Shop - new pin store - queue problem

cstephens
09-03-2002, 04:30 PM
We were at DL on Sunday to pick up some of the new pins released as it was the first Sunday of the month. The line wasn't horrible when we got in it, about a half hour wait, maybe. The line to get into the Premiere shop was queued across the Space Experience exhibit and out to where the churro cart is near the old entrance to the Rocket Rods. While we appreciated having some shade once we got further up in line, I couldn't help thinking what a horrible placement that is for the queue.

A number of people got in the line, thinking it was the line to get into the "space ride" that the building seems to advertise. A number of us tried to let people know that it was in fact a line to get into the store, and they appreciated not having waited in that line for nothing. I'm wondering if they're going to figure out a way to handle this, if the Premiere shop is supposed to be the main pin store now. At least if the line was queued in some other fashion, the line would not be blocking the entire entrance into an exhibit. A lackluster exhibit, imo, but an exhibit nonetheless.

I can't imagine how angry people would have been if they'd stayed in the line the whole time to discover that it was a merchandising line. We managed to tell a few people, but as we were leaving, we saw a number of families in line who seemed like regular tourists rather than people willing to spend half an hour in line to buy pins. Granted, they really should have checked to see what kind of line they were in, but again, given how it was queued, I could completely see how one would think it was a line to get into some sort of space attraction. And at one point, a CM came by and made a quick and quiet speech about it being a pin line, but the CM didn't make enough of an impression for anyone to really pay attention to him.

I'm hoping they figure something out soon...

MonorailMan
09-03-2002, 04:59 PM
I have a great idea:

Put the Queue through the circle vision theatre! Then have it exit that door to the pin shop. Kill 2 birds with one stone. :)

mousey_girl
09-03-2002, 07:54 PM
But then where would they put the carousel? (sp?)

MonorailMan
09-03-2002, 08:01 PM
That's right! The Carrousel is in there.

Well, they could fix it, after the carrousel is back up. :D

cstephens
09-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I have a great idea:

Put the Queue through the circle vision theatre! Then have it exit that door to the pin shop. Kill 2 birds with one stone. :)

Actually, we thought about that, but I don't like that idea either. That means the entrance to the line would be the through what was an actual attraction, that returning tourists would know was an attraction and that new tourists could easily mistake for an actual attraction. I'd also hate to see that space being used for a merchandising line. Wouldn't want to get them too used to the idea that all that space is good for is a merch line.