PDA

View Full Version : Preview of the Pixar Play Parade

Pages : [1] 2

Fishbulb
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey folks,
Here's a Pictorial of the first preview of the Pixar Play Parade

http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/preview_pixar_play_parade-92017.html?p=2624875#post2624875

-enjoy

Crazy4DL
03-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Looks like a colorful fun parade! I am betting our grandkids will love it.

Thanks for sharing!

Heaven Is Disneyland
03-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Thank you for sharing those pictures, I plan on going on Thursday. My daughter loves Toy Story II so she will love seeing those characters!

Heaven Is Disneyland
03-13-2008, 09:14 PM
We saw the parade today. Hated the water effects, it was not just a light sprinkle of water, it went SPLAT all over us, from every float. A splat hit my daughter right in the forehead. She has not amused, but was very entertained by the characters and performers so she didn't get too upset.

She loved the bubbles, though, that is one of the words she can say now, she will be two on Monday. Overall, we liked it but they have to tone down the water effects, people were screaming when they got hit and not out of joy. One of the performers slipped on the water so that's not good!

amarvel
03-13-2008, 11:45 PM
looks like a fun parade, but I also wondered about the water. what about those with cameras that want to take pictures. I dont like the idea of having my camera out and then getting a shot of water on me. its one thing when I choose to go on splash mountain, but i bet there will be people who wont know water will get them while watching a parade.

socaltexan02
03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
We saw it yesterday as well. I agree re: the water...and I'm not ususally opposed to getting wet. It was big splats - would have been much better if it was gentle misting!! I put away my camera. I will say - my 3 and 5 year olds LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Maybe I'd feel differently about it on a hot summer day!

candles71
03-14-2008, 09:02 AM
At least the Disney Insider I got today said on cooler/chilly days they will substitute the bubbles instead of the water, if that helps anyone.

Jim Dear and Darling
03-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Looks very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Heffalump
03-14-2008, 08:14 PM
It looks very cute. I cannot wait until our spring break trip. I'm betting my kids will love it too. I like the huge Roz.

Baloo
03-14-2008, 10:38 PM
i think the water effect is neat. Its not like getting wet will melt anyone.

The floats are on specific timer and spray water automatically, the Cast members will watch out for cameras though and try not to spray in that direction.

The water is also adjustable and can be reduced or eliminated in excessively cold days.

The same effects were used in Hong Kong and it is a success people both young and old love the water effects. I think being in California the state of sun and beaches people will also be acceptable about a some water getting on them.

Just wait for the summer when it is in the high 90's people will be trying to cath those splats of water to cool down.

RocketRob
03-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Saw the parade on Thursday with my kids. We all enjoyed it much more than Block Party Bash. This show is Disney-quality all the way.

Those of us who think bubbles and a wet parade route are a good mix please raise your hands? I did appreciate the cleaning crew with brooms and mops that followed the last float though.

Like Baloo said above, we'll be praying for that water to hit us this summer.

Bytebear
03-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Is the parade running regularly? I am thinking of going to the park tomorrow (Sunday) and wondering if I will be able to catch it.

Another Dimension
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Is the parade running regularly? I am thinking of going to the park tomorrow (Sunday) and wondering if I will be able to catch it.

Every day... 5:15pm

At least until Spring Break is over.

potzbie
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Likewise, count me in the "no more water" group.

Even though I knew that there was some water coming, when it glopped:eek: onto my forearms, it felt icky.

I was anticipating a squirt-gun like stream, of thin moisture, i.e., a light suggestion of water.

"Please Apply a tourniquet to the nozzles, Mr. Disney."

yohomama212
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
The only reference to Cars is Mater and "crew" at the end of the parade? Not cool.

Elizabeth

Tinkermommy
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
The only reference to Cars is Mater and "crew" at the end of the parade? Not cool. Elizabeth

The day we saw it, Lightening McQueen led the parade...

curtsinore
03-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Wet as a Rat, Oh, I hope not!!! My DGF says thanks for the pics but with her fear of Splash and Grizzly ( 110% poncho) she may have to hide behind a pole to watch her beloved rats parade by!!! She set an all time record for herself watching the movie 3 times on the big screen. Now we will have to adjust our Thanksgiving visit to be in DCA every evening. Though not being a parade of lights, it may be earlier in the day. DGF has the fever now!!!

tinker3
03-17-2008, 03:18 PM
The only reference to Cars is Mater and "crew" at the end of the parade? Not cool.

Elizabeth

I agree! Our family LOVES this movie. I would like to see more than just Mater & McQueen.

The rest of the parade looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it in person :D.

olegc
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree! Our family LOVES this movie. I would like to see more than just Mater & McQueen.

The rest of the parade looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it in person :D.

the only thing the park has built so far for CARS is Mater and McQueen. Have been used for photo ops for some time now - but no other construction. The Play Parade seems to borrow as much as it can from things already built within the Theme Parks division. i.e. - Nemo is for the most part copies of all of the props and puppets from the Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom (WDW).

Disney Daddy of 4
03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Any idea if they will be adding anything to the parade?

Heaven Is Disneyland
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
i think the water effect is neat. Its not like getting wet will melt anyone.

The floats are on specific timer and spray water automatically, the Cast members will watch out for cameras though and try not to spray in that direction.

The water is also adjustable and can be reduced or eliminated in excessively cold days.

The same effects were used in Hong Kong and it is a success people both young and old love the water effects. I think being in California the state of sun and beaches people will also be acceptable about a some water getting on them.

Just wait for the summer when it is in the high 90's people will be trying to cath those splats of water to cool down.

I am glad to hear that the water effects can be adjusted. Of course we are not going to melt but I did not appreciate having a big splat of water hit my child in the forehead. She would love to see more bubbles and less water!

If she wants to get wet, she can go get "watered" over by a Bug's Land, where they have the farming area and the water play.......

partyoffive
03-21-2008, 10:45 PM
We got to see the parade during a preview five days before opening - we sat on the front row, and although we got "wet" (can hardly call it that) it wasn't bad at all - my camera didn't get a drop on it and I took TONS of photos - And the cm's did come around and warn us that if you were in the front row you would get wet - I thought it was a great parade and the bubbles were fun!

DizneyMommy
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm going to have to chime in on the NO MORE WATER side of this debate. I finally made it back to the park Thursday after a very long 4 months of bed rest and a painful c section in March and my 3 year old and I were so excited to see this parade. I heard the announcement about getting wet but I, too, expected a mist. What we got was more like a water hose run amuk. My jogging stroller was soaked, there were puddles - litteraly- on top of the sun shades. My infant, even though hiding under a sun shade, got a big squirt right in the face from a cast member holding a moving water squirter - that was NOT amusing. My camera was getting too wet and I had to put it away so no photos, bummer. We sat in front of the winery facing the wharf, there only is front row there so we got all the water.
IMHO it was WAY too much water for a cool cloudy breezy day when it had rained in the morning. It was cool enough outside to need sweaters, and once they got all wet we were pretty cold. I think someone did not get the memo about adjusting the water for cool weather. If that was toned down, we will NOT be watching the parade in the heat of summer!

Glass Slipper
04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
That whole idea of shooting out water during a parade sounds ridiculous to me, especially since I am one of many who loves having a camera ready at all times for capturing vacation memories. We'll be skipping this parade and sticking with the ELP on our upcoming trip.

PanFan
04-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I watched it on Friday across from Bug's Land and really enjoyed it. I got hit a couple of times (2nd row, but 1st row standing), but nothing my zipped up jacket didn't protect me from. Both my camera and DH's video camera were completely dry the whole way through--the performers did a really good job avoiding them with their squirters. Overall we really enjoyed it and didn't have a problem with the water effects at all. I did miss the Bug's Life float, though.