PDA

View Full Version : new mickey face?

witneys7
03-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Alrighty, just read on another thread that the sun on the ferris wheel at DCA will be turned into a pic of mickey- does anyone know if there is a date set for this, or is it just one of the many things that will change over the next 4 years along with everything else and we aren't sure when it will happen? Just curious. I would love to see mickey up there instead of that weird smiling sun:) thanks!!

olegc
03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Alrighty, just read on another thread that the sun on the ferris wheel at DCA will be turned into a pic of mickey- does anyone know if there is a date set for this, or is it just one of the many things that will change over the next 4 years along with everything else and we aren't sure when it will happen? Just curious. I would love to see mickey up there instead of that weird smiling sun:) thanks!!

your second point - one of the many changes to DCA coming. Will be incorporated into World of Color lagoon show as well.

Another Dimension
03-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I know the new Mickey face from the concept art will eventually be incorporated into the World of Color lagoon show...

But just as a new attraction exterior... won't a huge Mickey Mouse face on the Sunwheel imply to even more naive Guests than the smiling sun does, that the Sunwheel (Mouse Wheel?) is possibly an all ages, family and/or kiddie ride?

...which those deathly afraid of the 'swinging Sunwheel' will attest it's certainly not!

Not me though... I LOVE it!! :D

Just wondering...

witneys7
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
What is the World of Color Lagoon show?

HisKid
03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
...which those deathly afraid of the 'swinging Sunwheel' will attest it's certainly not!

Count my husband as one of those who hate it. He rode it for the first time the other night and said it almost made him sick. He also said that there is basically nothing to hold on to and you are not secured. Is that true?

candles71
03-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't think any restraints in baskets, my DH said that first swing and all 3 kids jumped across onto the bench with him.:D

HisKid
03-11-2008, 07:09 PM
So if it is swinging wildly back and forth, how do you keep from falling off of your seat? It is just a bench, right?

bradk
03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
you aren't going upside down.

i don't think i've done the swinging cars at DCA but i've done it at the ferris wheel in coney island that inspired it. you'll manage. and it's not a constant thing, just when your car gets high enough to let gravity do its thing.

the world of color is some huge color/pyrotechnic show that'll take place in the lagoon at DCA

emmah
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
i rode it once and it scared me nearly to death - never again! now i stick to the stationary boxes. Sometimes I look at it and think, I must try that again, how scary can it really have been? but then I remember feeling sick, and wanting to scream, and trembling when I actually did get off it, and I decide that I can be brave some other time. Funny really, because usually the scarier something is, the more I love it. but not that ride for some reason....

bathtubs
03-11-2008, 08:48 PM
You brace your feet on the person across from you, I liked it until I saw the water inder me and my hubby almost had a heart attack (he did try it 2 times but he said never again)

Another Dimension
03-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Just keep your feet firmly planted on the floor of the ride vehicle, like on any ride... and if you need to, hold onto the steel bench you are sitting on or the gondola cage. But unless you're kid-sized, keeping your feet firmly planted works quite well.

...and parents please hold onto your kids at least a bit when swinging with them. .. :)

I've had to actually hand many kids back to their parents after they flew into me during a swing...
Even after politely informing them of what might happen a couple minutes before.
:eek:

I love the swinging gondolas, I was just wondering if the adding the Mickey Mouse face just might give some Guests different ideas about what they may be getting themselves into by choosing swinging, instead of choosing a much tamer stationary gondola.

kingqueen 3princesses
03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
How funny so many people don't like the swinging gondolas. My kids, who I can't convince to ride splash mountain again, love the ferris wheel with the swinging gondolas. It's their absolute favorite thing in DCA. The first time the swing is unexpected (and therefore the most fun), but even my 4 year old doesn't have a problem staying on the seat.

TTFN92
03-12-2008, 10:05 PM
You won't even get me to ride the stationary ones, let alone the swinging ones :eek:. Two years ago we went with my parents and sister's family. Everyone went on it (stationary) except me and my sister. My parents, who rode very few rides for health reasons, loved it. My other sister said that when she went with her family they convinced her to ride the swinging one. She said she has never been so scared in her life. She was screaming at her husband to get her off. When they got down to the bottom her DH said something to the CM and he said, "Yes, we know. We heard." ;) She said it took her a while to calm down after that.

It will be neat to see Mickey on it. I didn't read all of the posts so I don't know if this was said, but if I remember correctly, the Mickey is supposed to be the one at the beginning of the short cartoons with the orange rays behind him. Seems perfect for the Sun Wheel. :)

TTFN92
03-12-2008, 10:07 PM
What is the World of Color Lagoon show?

World of Color is a show that is all lights and water, kind of like the Bellagio in Las Vegas. There aren't supposed to be any fireworks.

Donald Duck Fan68
03-13-2008, 11:11 AM
My wife and I hated the swinging seats; it made us nauseous and we couldn't wait for the ride to end.

Our kids (6 and 10 at the time) loved it and want to ride it again. Go figure.

LdyApxr
03-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I didn't mind the swinging seat but it was the most boring, slow ride and not worth the time we spent in line for it IMO.

MermaidHair
03-13-2008, 02:51 PM
You won't even get me to ride the stationary ones, let alone the swinging ones :eek:.

Oh god, I second that!

lizziemcguire76
03-13-2008, 03:27 PM
We tried this ride once and once was enough. Not only do the swinging gondola's make u feel sick but I found you hardly get a ride at all for the long lines you have to stand in for it.