PDA

View Full Version : Park seemed really busy

nsaul1211
03-09-2008, 11:44 AM
So I was trying to go to Dland today to take some pictures, and the line to the parking structure was backed up Ball Rd, and it was 11:30! I always expect that at opening but jeez. :eek: Unfortunately I didn't make it into the park because when I got to DTD I realized I forgot the memory card for my camera :rolleyes: and since home was about 18 miles away I wasn't able to make it back.

Was the inside of the park as busy as the outside? I did notice several cheerleader slogans written on cars which scared me.

Darkbeer
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Spring Break Season officially started last Friday, so be prepared for large crowds for the next 7 and a half weeks!

And yes, the Cheer-leading/Dance season, which is late January thru April doesn't help with crowd size.

Monte Cristo
03-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I was going to say the same thing, but of course Mr. Darkbeer is faster on the draw.

Thanks to him and several others, I know plan our trips strictly according to the DL calendar. Long park hours = STAY AWAY.

AVP
03-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Yesterday was also OC Deaf's annual Deaf Awareness Day, as well as what I call a "random acts of entertainment" day. In addition to the cheerleaders in town for Nationals, Carnation Plaza had a full slate of Magic Music Days performances, a group called "America Sings" performed on the Main Street train station at 11 and the Navy band had a performance in front of the Castle at 5.

AVP

River Belle
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Was the inside of the park as busy as the outside?

It was pretty darn busy. We were there from 10-3, and it definitely felt like "peak season." While the lines weren't terrible, the park felt very crowded. We waited about 20 minutes for BTMRR and Star Tours and used FP for Splash (that line was about 45 minutes). There was even a long(ish) line for Pooh!

cookie7762
03-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Spring Break Season officially started last Friday, so be prepared for large crowds for the next 7 and a half weeks!

And yes, the Cheer-leading/Dance season, which is late January thru April doesn't help with crowd size.

7 and a half weeks!?!? Is that really how long spring break season is? I planned a trip for the last week in april because I thought I would avoid spring break and ride refurb season. Please tell me midweek april 27-29 will be ok!

dznyphreak
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
I was at the parks on Saturday and they were the busiest I've seen in awhile...Space was 70+ min at 10:30pm.

Monte Cristo
03-10-2008, 06:59 AM
7 and a half weeks!?!? Is that really how long spring break season is? I planned a trip for the last week in april because I thought I would avoid spring break and ride refurb season. Please tell me midweek april 27-29 will be ok!

You are ok. Check out the calendar. DL opens at 10 and closes at 8, which suggests they're expecting really light crowds.

GrumpyUTboi
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
ok I will tell you, the park will be quiet the end of April. We used to go for Halloween and the first week of November and the the first week of Feb or the last week of April first week of May. Now we live as faraway as possible and no more DL trips. I am getting myself depressed! We are now going to WDW the 29th of Nov thru Dec 6. Not gonna be the same.