PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Attractions at different Parks

Lost Boy
09-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Ok, I had this thought today while visiting Univeral Hollywood, and noticing for the first time in years, Jurassic Park was working 100% today. So I thought about different Parks, and your favorite "Attraction" at each Park. Note: An Attraction is not a ride! A ride is something like the monorail or train or autopia. There is no story, and it just moves you from point A to Point B or C. An Attraction is something that totally imerisses you in a complete story. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. Here are mine.

Disneyland: Indiana Jone Adventure
DCA: There isn't any.
Universal Hollywood: Tie - Jurrasic Park and T2-3D
Magic Kingdom Florida: Splash Mountain
MGM/Disney Studio: Tower Of Terror
Animal Kingdom: Kilamanjaro Safari
EPCOT: Test Track
Universal Florida: Earthquake
Islands of Adventure: Spider Man

I did not include Six Flags Parks, because all they have is coasters and they may have themes, but they don't tell a story!

What are yours? :)

rexfarms
09-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Note: An Attraction is not a ride! A ride is something like the monorail or train or autopia. There is no story, and it just moves you from point A to Point B or C. An Attraction is something that totally imerisses you in a complete story. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. Here are mine.

I believe you are incorrect here. All "rides" or anything like a ride at a Disney Theme Park is an attraction. The Monorail is an attraction, the DLRR is an attraction. Who else agrees with me?

Laffite
09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
I believe you are incorrect here. All "rides" or anything like a ride at a Disney Theme Park is an attraction. The Monorail is an attraction, the DLRR is an attraction. Who else agrees with me?

Yes. I think anything that "attracts" people is an "attraction". :D

Gemini Cricket
09-02-2002, 08:22 PM
What are yours? :)
Okay, back to the original question asked.

I think "Jurassic Park" @ Universal Studios Hollywood is a well done ride, attraction thingy. :D The fast moving animatronics are incredible. The one that comes out of the water scared the heck out of me. :D The T-Rex at the end is very well done. The drop is awesome.

WDW's Tower of Terror is great too. I just wish it were longer. :)

I'm not sure if this qualifies but the haunted houses at Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt are truly imaginative and well done. Some of them have linear storylines and are creative. ie. The log ride and the train rides are completely and successfully transformed from Knott's Western cheese to utter horror. Thumbs up.

Great question, LostBoy.

Lost Boy
09-03-2002, 06:22 PM
I set the rules for a purpose. I firmly believe that a ride is a ride if it doesn't tell a story and immerse you in that make believe. The monorail has no story. It is just an elevated train that takes you somewhere and brings you back. That's it. Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, Haunted Masnion, Pirates, Splash, Even the Fantasyland Dark "Rides" are attractions. It was only to seperate the transportation rides from the story telling rides. It's my thread and my rules. So there!:p

;)

MonorailMan
09-03-2002, 08:06 PM
The monorail has no story. It is just an elevated train that takes you somewhere and brings you back.

While it may not tell a story, it is a major part of the monorail story.