PDA

View Full Version : Best age to enjoy Disneyland?

80S ERA
06-21-2001, 07:33 AM
What is the best age to enjoy Disneyland? Or better yet, what age were you when you had your best times in the park?

I had my best years in the park as an early teen. I was tall enough to ride all the rides and just started liking girls. The late 80's had much to offer an early teen like myself. There were many "date rides" like Peoplemover, Skyway, Innerspace, and other attractions.
On a side note - who didn't think they were alone in the Tron / Superspeed Tunnel? I still wonder what CM's did with the tapes?

Back to the subject: Not only was the park better during those years(1980's), but the energy, mischief, and innocence that came with the early age gave the perfect combination of fun in the park. Also, my mindset was not that of an adult (analytical) yet, so the park seemed endless - contributing to its illusion. I remember days in the park where I'd be able to spend an entire day and night full of energy - without eating much! If I tried that now, I think I'd end up going home at noon :(

Today, seeing teens in the park with smiles on their face always reminds me of the good times of the 1980's... But reality kicks in when I see attractions of those days like the submarines and the old peoplemover track in their sad state of abandonment, knowing that they might not be able to experience the park as we did in those days :(

Which is where my handle comes from (80S ERA).:cool:

rob
06-21-2001, 09:43 AM
1964-1976

Largent81
06-21-2001, 10:00 AM
I'd also say the late 80's, but I was a little bit younger. I was between 7 and 10. I was so intrigued by finding out how everything work. Now I know, blah. I was also just getting old enough to roam around the park alone with a friend. Ahhh, independence!

KevAct1
06-21-2001, 11:00 AM
I have been going to Disneyland since I was three years old. I live in Southern California, so I can go a lot. I think the best years are the teenage years, because you are old enough to go without parents, and the magic is still there. I would never trade those teenage years at Disneyland for anything.

dalen
06-21-2001, 03:12 PM
IMHO, around 7 years old for a first time visit. That way, they remember going to the park, and yet they can still ride most (if not all) the rides.

Any younger and then it's just for the parents' enjoyment of seeing their toddler/child experience the magic of Disneyland. The child is not likely to remember most of the visit.

:)

Napsto
06-21-2001, 03:14 PM
every time i go, i love it more.

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 04:02 PM
10 years old! Absolutely.
Today, June 21st, is the twentieth anniversary of my first visit to DL in 1981. It was nothing short of amazing for me. I was completely engrossed in the park and I still love it today. It was my family's one and only vacation as a whole. Nothing can compare to my wonderful experience twenty years ago.

lillas
06-21-2001, 04:12 PM
I went as a kid in the 60s, teen ager in the 70's, CM in the 80s, and now with my own children. Even though the park is a mere shadow of it's former self, the last several years with my kids ( ages 3 and 7) are by far the best! For those of you who don't have any of your own yet- the best is yet to come.

Flubber
06-22-2001, 07:42 AM
Any age is the best age!!! I'm 38 and still blush when Snow White waves at me....

Flub