PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Increases Daily Resort Fee

FOOD_AND_DRUG
09-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Effective January 1, 2003, Disnayland will increase the Daily Resort Fee charged to hotel guests by $1.00 per day, plus tax.

The new daily rate will be $7.00 per day, plus tax.

All of a sudden that $99.00 a night special, becomes $121.90 per night after adding-up the hotel tax and Resort Fee.

That's additional 23% increase over the advertsied special rate...WOW!

Something to think about when planning to stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotels

merlinjones
09-01-2002, 02:40 PM
What is the resort fee? I'm sure they already charge you for parking separately, and the pricey rooms have to include resort overhead, and the room tax is helping to pay for Anaheim's infrastructure improvements. Why pay this fee? What does it mean?:confused:

Iceman
09-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Actually, many hotels and resorts charge a daily fee which covers things like local phone calls, newspaper delivery, the little coffee pot in the room, etc. Yes, lots of places give you all that included in the price of the room, but a "resort fee" is becoming more and more common at upscale locations.

merlinjones
09-01-2002, 02:52 PM
>>Actually, many hotels and resorts charge a daily fee which covers things like local phone calls, newspaper delivery, the little coffee pot in the room, etc. Yes, lots of places give you all that included in the price of the room, but a "resort fee" is becoming more and more common at upscale locations.<<

It's still a ruse to hide/jack up rates, since the room fee itself is not cheap. Surely coffee and phone calls are part of their overhead included in the room price.

If Pressler takes home a juicy bonus, is that what we're really paying for?

MouseWife
09-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
It's still a ruse to hide/jack up rates, since the room fee itself is not cheap. Surely coffee and phone calls are part of their overhead included in the room price.

If Pressler takes home a juicy bonus, is that what we're really paying for? [/B]

$7. a day? You're right. It is a way to get peoples money whether or not they want to pay it.

I a lot of times tell them I will not be using the phone as I have a cell {this is when they ask for a deposit} and I have them lock the 'bar'.

When I book a room I am going by the price they list. When they jack up the price it isn't right.

And, won't they still charge you for those phone calls? Who makes that many what they consider local calls?

And I don't want to pay Presslers bonus!! :mad:

EandCDad
09-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones

If Pressler takes home a juicy bonus, is that what we're really paying for?

You're absolutely correct. It is a ruse to jack up the rate. That's why it is important when booking a room to ask for all the charges including room tax and any additional fees, charges, etc.

Iceman is also right, this isn't a Disney thing, its a hotel thing that allows them to advertise lower room rates. Caveat Emtor (did I spell either of those correctly?)