PDA

View Full Version : Booking over the phone

Gymgirl975
09-01-2002, 09:56 AM
I've heard lots of people say that they book a room at an okay hotel, then watch expedia like a hawk to see if they can get an on-site hotel. Well, we REALLY want to stay on-site and would be HEART-BROKEN if we couldn't. I've been quoted 180.00 by people over the phone, but don't want to pay it if I can get better at Expedia.

My question, is there anything to stop me from calling and reserving the room at 180.00 a night (which I could live with, she also said later, if AP prices come up, I could get those as well), then waiting until 1-2 weeks before I leave, finding a cheaper rate from Expedia, and then canceling the other reservation? I know you can cancel up to 72 hours before you arrive, but I just wanted to make sure that since they would both be in my name, paid for by my credit card, etc. there was no clause saying that I could not cancel my reservation for another deal on expedia. Pleae let me know if you have any thoughts.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
09-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
I've heard lots of people say that they book a room at an okay hotel, then watch expedia like a hawk to see if they can get an on-site hotel. Well, we REALLY want to stay on-site and would be HEART-BROKEN if we couldn't. I've been quoted 180.00 by people over the phone, but don't want to pay it if I can get better at Expedia.

My question, is there anything to stop me from calling and reserving the room at 180.00 a night (which I could live with, she also said later, if AP prices come up, I could get those as well), then waiting until 1-2 weeks before I leave, finding a cheaper rate from Expedia, and then canceling the other reservation? I know you can cancel up to 72 hours before you arrive, but I just wanted to make sure that since they would both be in my name, paid for by my credit card, etc. there was no clause saying that I could not cancel my reservation for another deal on expedia. Pleae let me know if you have any thoughts.

Nothing would prevent you from doing this. If you booked your hotel reservation directly with Disneyland and you later found a lower rate through Expedia, Travelocity, etc., you could call back and cancel you reservation without a penalty so long as you cancelled with Disneyland three (3) days prior to your arrival. If you cancel less than three days prior to your arrival, you will be charged the cost of one night's stay, plus fifteen (15) percent tax. You will not be charged the resort fee of $6.00 per day, plus tax. Effective January 1, 2002, the resort fee will be increasing to $7.00 per day, plus tax.

Disney Nick
09-01-2002, 11:41 AM
I believe you mean January 1st, 2003 :) But ya what was said above, no problems should arise.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
09-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
I believe you mean January 1st, 2003 :) But ya what was said above, no problems should arise.

Yes, the Resort Fee increases January 1, 2003 to 7.00 per day