PDA

View Full Version : How much is Super Shuttle from LAX to DLR?

Gymgirl975
09-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Anyone know?

priyanka59
09-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Umm, I saw some advertisements for shuttles, and most of them are about 20-40 $$ per person so yeah. But they might have changed their rates since the flow of people has stopped.

SpaceMTJunkie
09-01-2002, 06:09 PM
www.supershuttle.com

Morrigoon
09-01-2002, 09:34 PM
They're cheaper if you take them to the Hotels there than they would be to deliver you to a private address. They're also only a couple bucks more than the big buses that DL promotes, which are crowded and not worth the bother if you can catch a super shuttle. One thing though: you NEED to make a reservation for your return drive, even though you can go from the airport to DLR with out a reservation.

opus
09-02-2002, 07:17 AM
And if you've got more than 3-4 people, you can get a reserved van from them from around $77 that's only for your party.

We had four people last time we went, and on the return trip we had to wait an hour in the shuttle while the driver went to 4 different hotels picking people up. The reserved van is only for your party. Or so they told me on the phone. Anyone else have more experience with it?

Also, this time I'm picking up a rental car for the trip from Orange County Airport to DLR. For the same price as the shuttle one way(5 people), I'm getting a rental car for the whole weekend. :)

There's a really nice AVIS online coupon right now that saves a bit on the rate. Use D002807 if you're interested.

Good luck.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
09-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
Anyone know?

Generally, one-way fare is 14.00 from LAX to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Kids 3 and under are free.

WARNING...Super Shuttle does not provide car seats and they will refuse to deny you transport if you do not already have one. California has a 6/60 law on the books.

I've used Super Shuttle a few times to the Paradise Pier Hotel and just have my family pick me up, as it is a lot cheaper than what Super Shuttle charges if going to my home.

They take American Express, Master Card and Discover. You don't nned to make an advance reservation arriving into LAX, and they operate 24 hours per day. For the return, they require a one day advacne reservation.

Also, they can (and do) make stops along the way to drop others off. They do not pick anyone up.

Generally, if not everyone is going to your hotel, they will stop at other nearby hotels. What I like most about Super Shuttle is that at LAX, they don't make you wait and if they don't have 7 passengers, they still take-off.

Most times, I have been picked-up in a Chevy Astro Van.

After September 11th, I found them to be a better alternative to driving, especially when vehicular traffic was banned at LAX. Ever since, I continue to use them, and no one at Paradise Pier gives me any problem when Super Shuttle drops me off, and I tell the Hotel employees that I'm waiting to be picked-up.

Brad
09-02-2002, 10:24 PM
I have used Super Shuttle several times in the last year and found them to be very good.

You just walk out the front doors at LAX and telll one of the cute young Mexican guys where you are going. Five minutes later you are in a van and tootling off down the freeway to Anaheim.

:D

Berry Princess
09-03-2002, 12:53 PM
I used to work for a shuttle service a few years ago. Let me say Super Shuttle was not the best to be taking. After I stopped working at the place I was at I tried Super Shuttle myself and it was the scariest thing in the world. I had thought some of the drivers that worked at the place I had were bad but these guys at Super made them seem great. I would try to find something else if I was you. If you go with a town car company it can be ALOT cheaper and they usually have one price for up to like 6 people at times. I have found them to be better drivers and much nicer people. JMO
Oh and NEVER take them to late at night if you can cause the shuttle drivers don't get much sleep and have been known to not drive very well at all.

stinkerbell
09-03-2002, 08:25 PM
We've used Super Shuttle on three trips (roundtrip) and had positive experiences. On one of the one way trips though, there were no seat belts, which I had expressly requested, several times. That was scary. On the other five trips, everything was fine, even after 9/11 and they had to lay off dozens of drivers and learn new routes.

I know it's been said, but it's $14 per person from LAX to the Disneyland hotels area. Each way. So roundtrip, plan for $28 per person. They also pick you up at your hotel 3 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart from LAX. Gives you plenty of time to check in early at the airport.

I'll prob. use them again in Oct. :)