PDA

View Full Version : Coolers in the Park

mowsluver
03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
We were at DL yesterday and I was amazed at all the coolers I saw in the park! I know DL will overlook some items of food being brought in but I was seeing fairly big coolers! Bigger than those 'six-pack' coolers. When we were watching the parade, there was one family with one of those hard-sided ones big enough for their kid to sit on.
Has DL relaxed the 'no food' rule? We always bring some snacks, and maybe a sandwich per person and still spend money eating at the park, but would like to be able to bring more drinks/liquids in.
One of our family members is on a liquid fast and has to drink ALOT during the day and it can get pretty expensive!

HisKid
03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I saw some bigger, hard-sided ones on Sunday, too. I was surprised.

MammaSilva
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
It really depends on the CM at the bag check...I've seen the bigger ones as well but I would say that in the case of some one being on a liquid diet for now that it would be a medical issue that Disney would allow.

evrythngwmn
03-04-2008, 11:21 PM
All I can say is

SLACKERS!

*CMs doing the bag checks that is. Not the guests with the coolers.

saucydiva
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey, we must have been sitting right next to you, because we saw that big cooler at the parade route on Monday night too! Two little girls sitting on top of a big red cooler, right? We wondered if maybe it had something to do with the man in the wheelchair next to them, but that was just a wild guess. At least they didn't keep opening it up to pull out frosty cans and tasty food, because that would have been too much for us to bear as we waited for the parade and rationed our meager portions of room-temp french fries. :)

LdyApxr
03-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I would hate to think that it is merely a "pick and choose" as to who gets into the park with a cooler. It could be that there was a medical reason for it but I can't think of anything that would require that big of a cooler. Liquid diets are pretty compact but then again, I don't know the details. Oh well, I guess I will see what happens when I am there in two weeks. LOL

Katlovett
03-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Re the liquid fast: whether it is for strictly "medical" reasons or for weight loss i.e. indirect medical reasons, your family's doctor probably would be willing to write a quick note on a prescription pad for you to show the Disneyland security. Unless your family doctor does not approve of the liquid fast ...

Katprint

mowsluver
03-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Saucydiva! Yes, you must have been next to us during the parade. We were right next to the man in the wheelchair and it was not his. I know that because we backed up from the front to allow him to sit there so he could see and we talked to the people with him while we were waiting!
That red cooler was not the only one I saw...we saw a number of larger soft-sided ones that day.
I thought about the whole security thing too and that day the man who checked our bags was REALLY picky, making us unzip every litter zipper on the diaper bag!! WE surely couldn't have brought a cooler in!!!

hybrid-god
03-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I was thinking of bringing a 6 pack cooler with us just to store my 1 year olds milk but my question is: would that be okay with the CM's? ? ? :confused:

adriennek
03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I was thinking of bringing a 6 pack cooler with us just to store my 1 year olds milk but my question is: would that be okay with the CM's? ? ? :confused:

Soft-sided 6-pack coolers should be ok.

Adrienne

thatsototallyrocks
03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
We were just there last week too and saw a lot of very large coolers. On our first night out we asked at the bag check what the cooler requirements were and what exactly bag check was checking for. We were told they were really looking for glass, weapons etc and coolers with food and drink we fine as long as it was for personal use and not for selling for profit in the park. We took our soft sided cooler, a little bigger than a 6 pack, more like a 10 can size the rest of our trip and never had a problem even with the bag checkers that made us remove everything from our bags.

Wobble
03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
When we were watching the parade, there was one family with one of those hard-sided ones big enough for their kid to sit on.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be a HUGE pain to drag a cooler that big around the park? :confused:

DaDuckFan1955
03-11-2008, 10:12 AM
OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR SOME PEOPLE.::rolleyes:

CV12Pirate
03-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be a HUGE pain to drag a cooler that big around the park? :confused:

Some of them have wheels and a handle, you pull them like a wagon. I can't wait for them to put a V-Twin in there and some handle bars. Now we're talkin'.

Drince88
03-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Some of them have wheels and a handle, you pull them like a wagon. I can't wait for them to put a V-Twin in there and some handle bars. Now we're talkin'.

I've seen motorized coolers on the Mardi Gras parade routes.

CV12Pirate
03-12-2008, 06:50 AM
I've seen motorized coolers on the Mardi Gras parade routes.

Time to go shopping. Thanks.

dawnid
03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
My hubby has one, look on the internet, they sell electric or gas powered ones. If you're more than 100 lbs the charge doesn't last long though but they do zip around.

Wobble
03-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Regardless, it still seems to me that that would be burdensome. :| I am one of those people that travels really light, so I guess I would just be miserable trying to drag a huge cooler around Disneyland for a few hours.

I have seen those motorized coolers though. They always make me laugh. :)

santoanderson
03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm really surprised at how "okay" Disney is with people bringing iceboxes into the park. From a young age I always thought Disney had a movie theater-like "no outdoor food and drink clause". Sure you can go to a movie theater, and find people who've snuck in M&Ms in their coat pockets, or cheerios for kids who are too young to enjoy the concessions, but you never find people bringing in buckets of fried chicken and six packs.

candles71
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
but you never find people bringing in buckets of fried chicken and six packs.

Diaper Bag my friend....... 6 pack of Tacos from Taco bell, oh ok my DH and his coz were about 20 so they ate a 6 pack each and a few for me........:fez: MANY moona ago (the movie itself was only $4.50 regular admission)!!! and we were poor

Wobble
03-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm really surprised at how "okay" Disney is with people bringing iceboxes into the park. From a young age I always thought Disney had a movie theater-like "no outdoor food and drink clause". Sure you can go to a movie theater, and find people who've snuck in M&Ms in their coat pockets, or cheerios for kids who are too young to enjoy the concessions, but you never find people bringing in buckets of fried chicken and six packs.

Actually, I won't lie, I've taken hamburgers and fries into movie theatres. The ticket taker was pretty suspicious of my purse, because I could clearly smell the hamburger wafting around me like an aura. :cool:

experiment626
03-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I thought about trying to bring my soft sided 12 pack cooler next time because my youngest DD is Vegan and it is very hard to find "okay" food for her. This way we can bring her food with us and not have to worry about her being limited to salad & fruit.

MammaSilva
03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
For your daughters dietary needs you shouldn't have any problems as long as there's no glass and for whatever reason they seem to dislike the fake tuperware, they have no problems with ziplock baggies filled with assorted food...I'm not sure why ....but I have seen them ask people to put their coolers in lockers if they have the food in the gladware or similar containers but the same cooler with ziplock baggies get thru ...it's really up to the CM that does the bag check but I know we never have any problems but we don't take in enough food for a banquet either.