PDA

View Full Version : bridge between DCA and White Water Snacks

miss bianca
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
So I saw on Darkbeer's Monday in the Parks on miceage that they are building a bridge between DCA and White Water Snacks. Will this be manned by cast members? Or will it be part of DCA and no longer GCH? Confused on how they are keeping people in/out of the park.

Thanks!

Drince88
03-03-2008, 08:45 AM
If you have a question about something on MiceAge, I'd recommed asking it on MiceChat (their associated discussion board).

miss bianca
03-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry I prefer mouseplanet. And I know Darkbeer posts here too.

Bytebear
03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
As I understand it, it is an emergency exit only. No actual traffic allowed.

Darkbeer
03-03-2008, 12:42 PM
You know, I haven't got an official "answer" yet.

The best educated guesses, that they want to work on the area where the current DCA entrance is from the Grand Californian, and they are building the bridge as a "temporary" relocation.

That the bridge will be used as a new special entrance for the DVC owners, as a special perk when the project is finished.

But the "emergency exit" thing makes a lot of sense, as they are planning to close down the Route 66 area soon to redo the area for the World of Color seating and the new Little Mermaid ride, and the Fire Marshall has strict rules on exit capaicty, and the bridge could be replacing the exit access in Route 66.

miss bianca
03-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks Darkbeer

squidmo
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
The permit on the Anaheim Building Department website has it listed as an "29' long Bridge for Southeast Emergency Egress Package". So at least for now, it sounds like the main purpose is emergency exit.