PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland Fever

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lekta
03-03-2008, 06:32 AM
It is a strange thing really. Last time I was in Disneyland (June 2006) my wife and I agreed that we likely wouldn't be back until we had a child. I was ok with that up until about 2 weeks ago when I felt the "fever" coming back on.

I got out our home videos from last time and started to create a DVD for us to relive the last vacation there and now the fever has caught my wife and our friend too. So much so that we are getting ready to set another date and start planning it! Yeah!!:D

I really thought I had lost that feeling that Disneyland always gives me. The anticipation, the glory, the sheer happiness going to Disneyland gives me. There is nothing better then heading down in the car, though there is very little worse then driving home. That might be the reason I have a bad feeling in my mouth at the end of our trips, that drive home is grueling.

Do others have these same conflicting feelings? After a week in Disneyland, the fever goes away for at least 6 months, now I'm at 9 months and feeling it!

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I don't know if it is a fever but we were there in Dec 06 and right about Dec of 07 I started getting the urge. DH was not in favor due to the expense and he was worried about our tax situation but once we did our taxes and found out that we came out on the winning end this year, I brought up that we should purchase our friends' race bike that he no longer uses and since it just happens to be in SoCal we might as well make it a Disneyland trip too. LMAO! He fell for it! LMAO! Now we are 17days out and I am in heavy planning mode. It is roughly a once a year trip for us since 05 and since our son is 9(our oldest is 18) I can use him as an excuse for a while longer. LOL

MermaidHair
03-03-2008, 07:10 AM
"Everybody's got the Fever" - now that Peggy Lee song will be going through my head all day!

I get the fever too. I've had it for a long time, since before planning our 2006 trip. That one did not go off quite as I had planned so the fever did not pass. The next trip was w/o the kids so we had to follow it up with this May's trip for DS's 5th b-day. All in the throws of the fever. I kinda hope it fades a bit after that because I know we will not be able to go back until after a few years and that might make it more bearable. DH's family is spread all throughout the US and he has the nerve to want to visit them over going to DLR - the nerve!;)

candles71
03-03-2008, 07:13 AM
if you are a 1000 miles or 16 hours, at the price of gas , and the great sales on airfare, wouldn't be just as cost effective to fly? Add wear and tear to your vehicle also. (This is how I convince my husband that we NEED to fly) and we are only about 8 or 9 hours from DL.
And yes knowing I have an AP and that I could hop on Southwest for about 100 bucks round trip kills me.... I could so go today..... Forget the kids their at school LOL :D..... I would even come home tonite honest.

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Well we are in Northern CA but since we have to bring the bike back with us we are driving. Besides. I hate to fly. Not for me being up in the air. LOL

candles71
03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
just pretend you are on Dumbo, HA HA:D

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 07:46 AM
LOL! Or the Astro Orbiter?

candles71
03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
we are also No. Cal. about an hour from Sac and I just hate to drive that far when I could get on an airplane and be there in an hour and 15 min!!! and southwest is having thier great spring sale ( you just can't go into SNA, so we are going into Ontario). We have a wedding between now and DL in April and I still can't wait. I should be sewwing dresses ( my 3 girls are all in the wedding), but nope I'm online talking about DL!!! LOL:fez:

The Evil Queen
03-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes...I too, must admit. I've got the fever right about now. We've done a spring trip (right around this time) and a fall trip. We're skipping the spring trip and I've absolutely got withdrawals. Shaking, nausea, sweating, sudden outbursts and crying jags...the only way to combat the physical symptoms is to start planning another trip! Yeah!

I've already started planning my October trip and then we'll be on the Disney Magic headed for the Bahamas on New Year's Eve 08/09. I still couldn't go without my Disneyland fix, tho! Need to have a dole whip, a cream cheese pretzel, my Billy Hill and the Hillbillies fix, and of course, my ultimate fried chicken and apple pie experience at the French Market!

Promo-Man
03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I live in Anaheim and I get the fever too. My wife and I have our AP's but it is hard to find the time, so I look forward to visits from freinds so that we just have to go.

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 09:38 AM
we are also No. Cal. about an hour from Sac and I just hate to drive that far when I could get on an airplane and be there in an hour and 15 min!!! and southwest is having thier great spring sale ( you just can't go into SNA, so we are going into Ontario). We have a wedding between now and DL in April and I still can't wait. I should be sewwing dresses ( my 3 girls are all in the wedding), but nope I'm online talking about DL!!! LOL:fez:

I used to have a friend that lived in Foresthill and we worked together in Auburn. I am in Benicia now(about 5min from Vallejo). If it weren't for the bike pick-up I probably would just cave and get on a plane but shipping the bike home would be not cost-effective and since it is a race bike and not street legal(no mirrors, lights or signals) I can't just tell DH to ride home on his own. LOL

kiki
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I live about 30 min north west of DL and every year at about this time, I get the fever. Because of time and most of my friends arent into DL:crying:, I dont get to go much during the year. I usualy go every July for a week or so for our family vacation. The closer it gets to our vacation, the higher the fever gets. The kids start calling me in April telling me all that they want to do and buy and how excited they are. WOW four months and counting!!!!!!

bag3lbit3s
03-03-2008, 10:34 AM
i live about 30 minutes away...i get the fever ever week.:p

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 10:41 AM
If I lived that close I would be there waaaaaaaay too much! LOL

DaDuckFan1955
03-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I was there in Deceomber 2007 and already miss DLA

River Belle
03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm a little less than an hour away, and I, too, get the fever about once a week. ;) It's been a little more than 2 weeks since my last trip, and I can't WAIT to get back! To me, there's nothing better than when hubby aks, "What should we do for dinner?" and I get to reply, "Let's just go grab a bite at Disneyland!"

Spontaneous week-night trips are the greatest...to go for dinner, ride a couple rides, spend a few hours in the park...and then know you'll be back in a week or so. My AP is my most prized possession!!!

witneys7
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Yep, the fever hit us too 2 days ago. We haven't been since Oct of 06 and now we have one planned for early Nov of this year. this time though we aren't telling the kids until we are on the road:) My daughters teacher actually thanked me for that this morning when I was telling her about it:) My daughter gets so excited to go that she doesn't stop talking about it :)

wvnative
03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
We definitely know how you feel. I start planning our next trip as soon as I get home. I booked our hotel for this trip as soon as the '08 rates came out in '07. lol

The kid doesn't start to get excited until about a month out. She's just not an excitable person. lol She has already asked if I would use the funds I set aside for DL for a WDW trip next year though. I'd already been looking at that pricing. She graduates next year so I thought it would be a good way to celebrate.

kimmybear
03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
ive got the fever too. we're still a few months off, but almost everyday i turn to my boyfriend and say "guess what? im excited!" His response, "why?" and then i scream "BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!" which is then followed by a roll of his eyes. but i can tell he's excited too. :D

LdyApxr
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Kimmybear, I do that to my husband too! LOL "Honey, guess what?" "What?" "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!" Followed by the eyeroll from him. LOL

MammaSilva
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
There's nothing like living with an excited child...mine knows she's going back before we even leave for the trip we're on at the moment but that doesn't stop her from doing the whole "when will we come back" thing....she actually uses other events to track when we're going, so and so's birthday is this month Ok well then we go to Disneyland, another birthday mid summer, we're going to Disneyland, it's Thanksgiving, we're leaving for Disneyland...I love it...I can't imagine going longer than six months without a visit ....I'm so over the we went last year thing unless it's the month of January!

IdahoMike
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't believe no one has chimed in with this, so I will (go ahead with your boos and groans now.)
"I've got a FEVER, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!"

Seriously though, we are the same way, we always start planning the next trip as soon as we get home from the current one, if not sooner (already planning an Oct. trip, and haven't taken our May trip yet).

As far as the driving vs. flying thing goes, it is actually still more cost effective for us to drive, even being 1000+ miles away, because we are a family of 5. Tickets would be 200-250 apiece, which would require us to use at least 20 tanks of gas to equal the cost of flying. We actually will be doing one of each this year though, driving in May, flying in October. We usually fly, but decided to take a road trip this time around.

Mrs Mouse
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I can't believe no one has chimed in with this, so I will (go ahead with your boos and groans now.)

LOL! I swear that I was just getting ready to post this! Everytime I would read "I've got the fever" in this thread, I would burst out laughing. Ah... great minds really do think alike! :D

Ahem... back on topic... I always have the Disneyland fever. I think that if I could visit the park every single day I still wouldn't get sick of it. Unfortunately, I have to get by with one trip per year since we are definitely not within easy driving distance. We almost snuck in a second trip this year, but it fell through. :(

I survive by constantly planning our next trip, reading DL books and visiting MousePlanet multiple times per day.

danyoung
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM

A funny guy, and he's from Idaho too! Where in Idaho? I went to high school in Jerome (Twin Falls area).

IdahoMike
03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I am about 5 miles south of Boise/Meridian, in the growing metropolis of Kuna, which has grown from 3000 to 13000 residents in a very short time