PDA

View Full Version : "Spoilers" Haunted Mansion Holiday News/Press Release

Scalper10
08-30-2002, 11:52 PM
New Soundtrack! two added Audio-Animatronic figures! I can't wait!

[http://www.mouseinfo.com/news/story.php?id=219

[Moderator's Note: Copyrighted image removed. You can see the picture in the article linked above. -- Bill]

SusanP.
08-31-2002, 10:21 AM
Does that mean that they are going to actually use the Danny Elfman score?!? ...fingers crossed....

MickeyD
08-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Am I reading it wrong? It sounds like to me when he says the sound track is completely different he just means from the regular HM, not from last years overlay.

innerSpaceman
08-31-2002, 02:52 PM
Sounds from the press release like it's a brand-new soundtrack. (Not that i ever believe a Disney press release - ha!)

But if they do put in a new soundtrack, and if it does include the actual Elfman tunes, then it means that, dare I say it? - Complaining works! Internet and Public opinion somehow gets through. And, more improbable even than that, change is made that is in sync with what the public and the fans desire. That would be an astonishing thing.

So keep complaining and suggesting. Some of it just might work.

SusanP.
08-31-2002, 04:06 PM
After reading the article, I think you are right MickeyD. I think it just means different from the standard, not necessarily different from last year's.

Rats.

Laffite
08-31-2002, 04:07 PM
While I'm glad to hear that Elfman's score is going to be used this year, I was very very very happy with last year's score. I went in and came out dancing. I liked it. So it could only get better.

I hope when the HMH CD comes out, they'll include both versions.

No Grape Koolaid
08-31-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by SusanP.
Does that mean that they are going to actually use the Danny Elfman score?!? ...fingers crossed....

Kinda sorta. Using the score from the movie? No. However, Danny Elfman has recorded new music for HMH.

Phineas85
09-01-2002, 10:04 AM
I would give it a building of it's own and keep it out of the HM.

As a result of the HMH, it is closed for far too many months of the year.

Nearly 6 months with no HM, and it's meant to be an E Ticket ride!!!

Burton and his ugly work do not deserve to be in the same showroom as the Haunted Mansion!!!

Scalper10
09-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Now that I read the article again I think MickeyD is correct. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am wrong.

CaliforniaCrazy
09-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Phineas85
Burton and his ugly work do not deserve to be in the same showroom as the Haunted Mansion!!!

I really take offense with that remark. I love Tim Burton's work, especially Nightmare Before Christmas, and I'm pretty sure a lot of members on this site feel the same way as I do. For you to slander Burton's work like you do is an insult to his many fans. His work is not 'ugly' as you call it but very artistic and I love the way that they worked his unique vision into Haunted Mansion Holiday. Just because you don't happen to see the art in his work is no reason to call it ugly.

Phineas85
09-02-2002, 01:14 AM
You misunderstand CaliforniaCrazy (though I did overreact I'll admit).

My reference was to NBC, not Burton's work overall.

Batman and Edward Scissorhands both are amongst my top films, as are work by other macabre directors like Lynch and Cronenberg.

But I simply cannot take to NBC because in my opinion it defaces imagery which I would otherwise find what you call "artisitic". My taste is varied, and the HM imageryin my mind is more dominant than the NBC's.

Just because Burton is Burton doesn't mean that ALL his work can please everyone.

Sorry if any offence was taken, but I am equally insulted that you assumed that because I didn't like NBC that I failed to see any art in it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not that bland or simple-minded: I just don't like NBC - it's not to my taste (if that's being more specific).

Phineas85
09-02-2002, 01:36 AM
One more thing:

Being a rather "different" person myself, I can understand that films about people like Edward Scissorhands can be related to, so I of all people should have known better.

So for insulting the work, I apologise.