PDA

View Full Version : Fyi Mary Poppins Tea

Grandbreaker
08-30-2002, 09:11 PM
There will be no more MP tea time at PPH after sunday so if you want togo go now. I just found out about this today.

disneyhead
09-01-2002, 02:41 AM
Fab reported that it is to be replaced with a Princess Tea. I don't know when it is scheduled to start though.

MammaSilva
09-01-2002, 06:08 AM
While I am glad they are replacing it and not just 'closing', I just don't see how it could compare to the Practically Perfect Tea, we've gone twice and had hoped to go again this November :( Major sadness here..... I just don't see any of the Princesses pulling it together the way that the actress assisting in the portrayal of Mary Poppins did both times we were there, not to mention the whole "English" side of "tea".....but I guess Mary Poppins isn't as popular and Disney needed someplace to make a special Princess event and they ran out of other locations... :(

peasy
09-01-2002, 09:46 AM
My mother-in-law is a HUGE tea person. She has all kinds of teas at her house throughout the year. We were at Disneyland last December and I booked them for the tea with Mary and my mother-in-law absolutely loved it. We were watching Mary Poppins and commenting that they just don't make movies like that anymore. Hearing that they are closing it and then cheapening it with some "easy to cast" princesses is truly sad. I usually like what Disney does, I actually really like DCA & didn't mind seeing Country Bear go, but this IS a mistake. Mary Poppins is the character of English Tea. Whatever they are planning to do with Princesses is going to be cheap and generic. How are they going to decorate it? Generically? That is all they can do with all those characters together. Everyone who knows anything about tea is that a tea room's decor is frilly and English. Uhhhhh,.....I just don't understand. I know the castmember that I talked to about it when we were there said that they were constantly booked and everyone who attended loved it. MISTAKE Disney, MISTAKE.

DwoernAdale
09-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Very sad news indeed. This was one of the most memmorable experiences we had on our last trip to the DLR and we were looking forward to taking our daughter again on our next trip.

They were packed when we went last time, and at $22.50 per person, they couldnt have been losing money. I doubt we will have any interest in going to a generic princess tea, sooo....theres one more Disney experience that will live on in our memories only :(

Oh well, I guess we will have to be content to see Mary on the Mark Twain as it goes by in Fantasmic!, as thats the only other place we saw this favorite character of my 2 year old daughter.

Goodbye Mary Poppins, I hope the 'winds in the east' again soon at Disneyland.

~DW

EandCDad
09-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by DwoernAdale

Oh well, I guess we will have to be content to see Mary on the Mark Twain as it goes by in Fantasmic!, as thats the only other place we saw this favorite character of my 2 year old daughter.

Goodbye Mary Poppins, I hope the 'winds in the east' again soon at Disneyland.

~DW

DW,
We've seen Mary a few times right as the park opens by the flagpole or near the fire station. Check around for her, she does make park appearances.

kisroo
09-02-2002, 09:56 AM
I think EandCdad's signature says it all about this decision....

I don't think that they needed to make it into a Princess thing for profits-Mary Poppins was my niece's favorite from the time she could watch Disney movies...
:crying: So long Mary Poppins.

Clinton84
09-07-2002, 06:23 PM
Sad news, indeed.

For our upcoming trip, my wife was reading a tour book and came across a description of the Tea. She thought it would be a lot of fun. Sigh. Now I get to tell her the news. But, better she know it know, then find out when we get there. Right?