PDA

View Full Version : Anything Left at Big Thunder Ranch?

liandrin16
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
My DH remembers a BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch, but I can't find anything at the Disneyland website that indicates that there is anything there anymore. Anybody can confirm this or have any info?

Thanks! :)

Darkbeer
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
There is no food service at Big Thunder Ranch currently. Basically it has been split into 2 sides, one is the Petting Zoo area, and the other half is reserved for Private Events.

It has been years since they offered the BBQ in the area.

Gone2Disneyland
02-28-2008, 07:36 PM
It has been years since they offered the BBQ in the area.

Yes, years. And I still remember how great the BBQ was there. :(:crying:

Malcon10t
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
That BBQ was THE best.

liandrin16
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Bummer! Well, thanks for the replies anyway.

zombie pirate
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Its been a while since I been there, do they still have a cow with Mickey on it?

vfire
02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Its been a while since I been there, do they still have a cow with Mickey on it?

Nope, just goats and sheep in the petting zoo.

Toocherie
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
slightly off-topic but we were talking last night that Disneyland desperately needs more table service options in the park . . . . would seem to me that the Big Thunder area would be a great option--and a well-themed BBQ place would be SRO like Blue Bayou and Carnation Cafe . . . . IMHO. They could even make it into a character meal with Woody to go along with the petting zoo option. Or maybe even like the Hoop Dee Doo or whatever it's called in WDW.

HobbitFeet
03-02-2008, 10:22 AM
They do use it seasonally, which I love. A Halloweentime thing and a Christmastime thing where kids (and adults) can decorate various things, there are little shows, Woody and Jesse appear. It's lovely.

It never sits right with me, the concept of having BBQ near living animals...

Toocherie
03-02-2008, 11:50 AM
The area I was talking about is next door to the Woody's Round-Up area--behind a big fence . . . .as someone pointed out they use it for special events (and I believe when they did the after-hours opening from the YOMD that's where they staged it). (So not the area where the petting zoo is or where the reindeer was during the holidays.) I believe the area I am talking about currently is used for corporate events--just seems like a waste of space where there really isn't a lot of space to spare--DL table service restaurants are consistently packed and I think there should be more options--a BBQ would fit the "theme" of the BTM area -- whether the petting zoo would stay or not is another question. I also think the area between BTMRR and FL is underutilized and could help thin out the crowds in both areas if there were alternatives.

Toocherie
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh and I agree that the Halloween and Christmas-time events at Woody's Round-Up are lovely--we spent many hours there! So I definitely would not want that to go away . . . .

Malcon10t
03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
The other area is the Festival of Fools Arena. Its available for rent.

Toocherie
03-02-2008, 12:04 PM
The other area is the Festival of Fools Arena. Its available for rent.

Too bad that my big 5-0 birthday was LAST year--not that I could afford what I'm sure it must cost . . . .