PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Expedia Rates

roberts1398
08-29-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey all, just checked out for kicks Expedia for the next weekend (did Fri 9/6 - Tues 9/10), and came up with $99/nite for PP and $129/nite for DLH, with the 4th nite free! GCH had the 4th nite free, but the rate was $247 ...

Check it out if you are able to go that weekend...

http://www.expedia.com/pub/age
nt.dll?qscr=htfv&itid=&itdx=&itty=&from=f&pair=SNA

That makes DLH $96/nite ... whew!

leota's necklace
08-30-2002, 12:27 PM
I've never used Expedia for a hotel booking...we're going to the Park in October and presently are booked at the WCA, but if DLH runs another deal like this I'm tempted to switch. Now, does anyone know: for these rates, would we be able to request a room type and location (ie a certain tower), or would we just be stuck with whatever came down the chute?

roberts1398
08-30-2002, 02:39 PM
You can always request, it's just getting that's the problem, lol! Seriously, tho... I don't think the ressie includes what the room is. But if you're going at a low attendance time (which all of Oct is except Columbus Day), I'd think if you'd ask really sweetly at check-in if it was possible for a free upgrade, you'd have a good shot!

teri
08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Those very low rates are for parking lot/city view rooms. If there is availability and you check in very early in the day, you *might* get a view upgrade.

roberts1398
08-30-2002, 03:40 PM
OK, a lesson for those of you considering buying a package. Make sure you need to have that package. Cuz if you're traveling very off-peak (which I am -- last weekend in Sept., and the weekend before HMH opens), and you feel capable of booking separately, you may wish to do so. And make ressies at some "lesser place" that you'd be content with if you have to, but where you can cancel a few days before. Then check Expedia starting 2 weeks before...

I just broke down my package on a piece of scratch paper. And I found after I took out the park hoppers (which you can get online), and the airfare (which I could have booked for the same exact price myself) and the dining plan (which I could easily have duplicated using just Disney Dollars from my local Disney Store, instead of vouchers), the price for my hotel (Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park) is $99/night. So, assuming similar rates are eventually applied for the end of Sept., for $15 less a night I could have stayed at PP, and for $10 more, I could have stayed at DLH. And I'm checking in at like 11:30 am, so likely could have gotten a good upgrade.

I am sick. Truly sick to my stomach! To get a free ESPN card, a lanyard, and a pre-packaged Magic Morning Breakfast, I sacrificed being able to stay at DLH ... Sheesh. Ruined my day.

Well, lesson learned!

teri
08-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Can you upgrade your package?